Micro-Brewery In Jungceylon

KhunHeineken

managed 6 pints during 4-6pm happy hour :)

the light colored beer was surprisingly tasty

medium colored beatiful red color

and the dark became my favorite

made from Thai rice, the dark one sticky black rice, and aussie ingridients according to menu. I believe its the same recipie used at Longbeer, closed now but used to be opposite Tesco Lotus Bypass

very nice looking place, 3 outdoor tables can peoplewatch Jungceylon "square" and pond, the rest hidden behind the boat.

pleasant pro staff, probably food&beverage college, staff claim owner is Thai but a farang with measuring tape was telling staff what to do.......

They really need to sign up as ThaiVisa sponsors :D , cause drop in business will not occure with this location, you really need to look for it even if you know its supposed to be there

My GF and I where the only customers during 2 happy hours, 950 baht for 6 pints and 2 fruit shakes

Worth a try for all beer lovers :)

I went again the other day, just to try the dark beer (I didn't try it the first time there) - it's good. Not "heavy, thick or creamy" like a guiness (but I do have the odd guiness) it's very drinkable, even in the Phuket/Thailand heat.

In the times I have been there, I've never seen anyone who looks like they are the farang boss, so, who knows. If it is Thai owned, I've never seen any drunk and violent Thai's in there, or any dodgy Thai characters.

The place is a real nice change from the usual beer bars with the usual beers.

I agree it's hard to find. I'm the OP, so, if I never posted on TV, I'd still be looking for it, but now I know where it is, I'll be calling in from time to time. It's just a nice change from the "same same but NOT different" on Phuket.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

made from Thai rice, the dark one sticky black rice, and aussie ingridients according to menu. I believe its the same recipie used at Longbeer, closed now but used to be opposite Tesco Lotus Bypass

very nice looking place, 3 outdoor tables can peoplewatch Jungceylon "square" and pond, the rest hidden behind the boat.

pleasant pro staff, probably food&beverage college, staff claim owner is Thai but a farang with measuring tape was telling staff what to do.......

They really need to sign up as ThaiVisa sponsors :D , cause drop in business will not occure with this location, you really need to look for it even if you know its supposed to be there

My GF and I where the only customers during 2 happy hours, 950 baht for 6 pints and 2 fruit shakes

Forgot to mention - 6 pints in 2 hours is a good drink mate. Bit thirsty were we? :) :) :) :)

Forgot to mention - 6 pints in 2 hours is a good drink mate. Bit thirsty were we? :) :) :) :)

:P very thirsty, no beer for a week, It was an impulse drop in and i usually do not drink beer before 5pm, but my GF had some shopping to do so..........................

forgot to mention, very stylish inside, love the combo of shiny grey concrete, hardwood and beer brewing equipment. worth a visit just to have a look :)

:P very thirsty, no beer for a week, It was an impulse drop in and i usually do not drink beer before 5pm, but my GF had some shopping to do so..........................

forgot to mention, very stylish inside, love the combo of shiny grey concrete, hardwood and beer brewing equipment. worth a visit just to have a look :)

"No beer for a week."

What would possess a man to do such a thing? :)

I also like the interior. Very modern and in that current fashion of minimalistic style.

all the times i've been in phuket i never even knew there was anything behind the boat. although i love asian beers (singha ect) i will give them a try for sure as you grow tired of drinking the same beer everyday and there is noting wrong with drinking newly brewed beer

Was in there, again, last night. Happy hour from 4 till 7, but as i ordered food, i still got my next 2 pints, after 7, at happy hour prices. Food OK.

Probably the best pint on the island, being a bitter drinker, so if it doesn't keep going, it will be a shame.

If you like your beer, other than lager, its worth trying to get down, send your better half to do the shopping, and sit down and relax with a good pint.

Have sports on all the time as well, so i for one will keep going, if only for the beer.

This bar was open and selling beer last night but still only managed to attract no more than six customers at any one time. I managed a sneaky pint during the wait to get into Shabushi. It just shows that that location will be its downfall, sadly.

• 1 month later...

I finally went and checked this place out, after reading about it on TV. I committed to memory that I must find this old thread and let members know that the beer is great and there is nothing false about the place. Their beer is brewed on site. I'll definately be going there on a more regular basis and supporting the place because, as one post mentioned, it's good to be able to have the choice of a different beer every now and then.

I dropped in there a few months ago to try it and was surprised. I only really liked one of the beers, but I can't remember which one lol

Location is poor, but facility (cleanliness, style) is great. It's a shame it's not more popular

Just went there again yesterday. They are out of wheat beer, so disappointed! They have the new beer call bohemian pilsner very smooth and full of flavor.

When I were there, they have around 5 tables. Feel bad for the owner, they just didn't have enough traffic.

Shame to see that they are not making the wheat beer anymore as it is my favorite. I suppose, they can make whatever they like, just depends on what "batch" they want to throw on. I'll still go there for the other beers and will be happy to try their new pilsner. If it's the quality of the other beers, I'm sure it will be good.

• 3 weeks later...

To KhunHeineken, I went there again yesterday. Feel happy for them, the place was packed! If you are the phuket lager fan there, you will be disappointed. They are out of their phuket lager and wheat.

We were there last week (Tuesday) at 19.00 until 21.30. Place was almost empty. Luckily they had our 6 person group to help make the place look busy.

To KhunHeineken, I went there again yesterday. Feel happy for them, the place was packed! If you are the phuket lager fan there, you will be disappointed. They are out of their phuket lager and wheat.

I haven't been there for a while. If the place was packed, they may have catered for a function. I have had a look upstairs. It would be a great place to hire out for a party, function or even a small wedding reception. There's a small stage with a PA for music, or a presentation.

Do you know if they were out of lager and wheat beer because the place was packed and they sold out, or because they have changed the beer menu?

We were there last week (Tuesday) at 19.00 until 21.30. Place was almost empty. Luckily they had our 6 person group to help make the place look busy.

I'm surprised more expats don't drink there. Pleasant atmosphere with air-con. Great service from legitimate staff. No motorbike noise or dust. Tasty and refreshing beer. I haven't had a meal there yet, so I can't comment on the food. Location is an issue for passing tourist trade, but I'm surprised they don't have more regular expat customers.

I'm surprised more expats don't drink there. Pleasant atmosphere with air-con. Great service from legitimate staff. No motorbike noise or dust. Tasty and refreshing beer. I haven't had a meal there yet, so I can't comment on the food. Location is an issue for passing tourist trade, but I'm surprised they don't have more regular expat customers.

Do they advertise at all in the local newspapapers? Do they regularly run promotions and get the word out? I've never heard nor seen them promote at all, so maybe they think their location in Jungceylon is all they need.

I enjoyed the fish and chips on Tuesday last week. No wheat beer, but great lager and dark beer.

havent talked with many expats knowing this place, and the only marketing they seem to do is posters in Jungceylon. Takes more than that to attract expats.

and you really cant run out of the beers in the menu

I enjoyed the fish and chips on Tuesday last week. No wheat beer, but great lager and dark beer.

havent talked with many expats knowing this place, and the only marketing they seem to do is posters in Jungceylon. Takes more than that to attract expats.

and you really cant run out of the beers in the menu

the only advertising I've seen is a small chalk board to the right side of the entry into Robinson. Just not enough marketing. And running out of the limited range of draught beer is a big NO NO.

• 8 months later...

I have dug up this old thread to ask if any members have been to this microbrewery lately, assuming it's still open. If so, what beers are they making at the moment? Their website is still running, but it could be old information.

I haven't been out drinking or shopping in Patong for a while but I am planning a night out soon and remember the beer was good and a change from the usual bottled beer here. Thanks for any current info.

I went yesterday.

Only have one beer out of the 3 flavors they brew and it was really flat.

I swapped it for a tiger draft and was a happy chappy.

It's going down hill fast and will die a slow death if they don't do something.

I'm not sure why they don't rent the big ship sitting in the pond and people can drink on it or at least advertise the brewery that behind it.

I think the major problem with this place is that it is 50 metres too far west; It is out of the way and unless you are specifically looking for it, you won't see it. For mine, it's doomed...

Maybe a few staff handing out discount vouchers in the central area would get a few more punters in. Landlord (and other outlets) may not approve, but I have seen it now and then. 2 beers out of stock is a bad sign.

I popped in there last week and had a pint of the wheatbeer they brew. It was fine but I didn't ask about the other 2 that they brew as I prefer the wheat beer.... I am surprised that they have lasted so long to be honest, the location isn't ideal stuck out on the wing there and obstructed by that ruddy boat.

I went yesterday.

Only have one beer out of the 3 flavors they brew and it was really flat.

I swapped it for a tiger draft and was a happy chappy.

It's going down hill fast and will die a slow death if they don't do something.

I'm not sure why they don't rent the big ship sitting in the pond and people can drink on it or at least advertise the brewery that behind it.

Happy to hear it's still open. When I used to frequent the place, occassionally, one out of the three beers would be out, but usually back on a day or two later. I suppose it depends on how long it takes to brew up a new batch. They will probably be back on when I go. I've never had a "flat" beer there. You may have just been unlucky. Thanks for the info.

I think the major problem with this place is that it is 50 metres too far west; It is out of the way and unless you are specifically looking for it, you won't see it. For mine, it's doomed...

I'm the OP. I looked everywhere for it and I couldn't find it, so I posted on this forum asking for directions. :) :)

I popped in there last week and had a pint of the wheatbeer they brew. It was fine but I didn't ask about the other 2 that they brew as I prefer the wheat beer.... I am surprised that they have lasted so long to be honest, the location isn't ideal stuck out on the wing there and obstructed by that ruddy boat.

Glad to hear the wheat beer is on. It was my favourite. Very tasty and refreshing. All that is needed now is some sunshine. :( :(

I was there on my last 2 trips (november last year and now in february ).On my first trip there not much customers around,but the beer was great.On the last trip I went there 5 times and it was plenty of customers,so lets hope it stays afloat in the future !!

BTW........food is good there too .

If any members of this forum are interested, I went earlier this week. The Lager, Dark Ale and Wheat Beer are on at the moment. I had the Wheat Beer and the Lager. Both good beers. I am yet to try the food there. Maybe next time. Staff were professional as always and there were a few tourist in there.