Third Tourist Visa Uk

We will have to agree to differ.

My opinion is that one should only apply for a fiance visa if there is a definite intention to marry in the UK within the life of the visa. Anything else, such as using it to see how you get on as a couple, is using it as a glorified visit visa, in my opinion.

What would you suggest a couple do if at the end of the six months they had still not committed to marriage?

They wouldn't get a visit visa, for sure, so would be in exactly the same situation as now, except £810 poorer. Cost is, as you say, relative; you may be in the fortunate position of being able to afford throwing £810 away, many of us aren't.

as you now say that the UK is not your home country

Darren, I owe you an apology. On re-reading the thread I see that I misread one of your posts and thought that you had said that you are not a UK national; when you didn't.

My apologies for that, and kindly ignore the questions and comments which resulted from my misreading.

However, I stand by everything else I have posted.

You did say, though, that Thailand's immigration laws are not your concern. Believe me, if you do eventually marry your girlfriend they almost certainly will be. I do not know of any Thai living in the UK, married or not, who does not intend to return to Thailand to live at some point in the future.

You also say that you will be leaving the UK as soon as possible; the implication being that when you do leave wherever you move to you wont have these problems.

I, and I'm sure many other members, would dearly love to know where you intend to move to; where is this country that allows unlimited, unrestricted, visa free access to all, regardless of nationality?