Time Shares

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Must be time for the periodic timeshare bashing brigade to get on their high horses..................bring it on :D

Sorry to disappoint you but i really don't have a problem with timeshare as such. Its your choice to take it or leave it. What i do loathe is the pathetic sales pitch of Brit gap year students calling me mate and asking me if i'm enjoying my holiday like they really give a toss, before they blatently lie to me about what they are selling.

However, i think many "legal" expat workers here have a problem with them working here "illegally" without "work permits" when most other people have to go through the correct procedures, which ofcourse costs money aswell for a "work permit" to work here "legally." Many also feel these people make life harder for those who take the time to abide by the law. Most i've met could'nt sell water to a dying man in the Gobi desert but thats another matter altogether.

Hows that for starters? :)

Must be time for the periodic timeshare bashing brigade to get on their high horses..................bring it on :D

Sorry to disappoint you but i really don't have a problem with timeshare as such. Its your choice to take it or leave it. What i do loathe is the pathetic sales pitch of Brit gap year students calling me mate and asking me if i'm enjoying my holiday like they really give a toss, before they blatently lie to me about what they are selling.

However, i think many "legal" expat workers here have a problem with them working here "illegally" without "work permits" when most other people have to go through the correct procedures, which ofcourse costs money aswell for a "work permit" to work here "legally." Many also feel these people make life harder for those who take the time to abide by the law. Most i've met could'nt sell water to a dying man in the Gobi desert but thats another matter altogether.

I suppose you also either work or have very close friends/relatives that work at the labour office and can confirm they do not have work permits......sorry to dissapoint you but all OPCs and Reps are issued with valid work pernits so they are in fact working legally..as for gap year students, that isnt exactly correct, think you will find most are long term residents with Thai connectins...wife/children

I suppose you also either work or have very close friends/relatives that work at the labour office and can confirm they do not have work permits......sorry to dissapoint you but all OPCs and Reps are issued with valid work pernits so they are in fact working legally..as for gap year students, that isnt exactly correct, think you will find most are long term residents with Thai connectins...wife/children

Oh yes silly me. All of those irritating knobs that pestered me on a daily basis last time i was on Phuket all had valid permits did'nt they. :D

The only thing that disappoints me is that they are so totally unprofessional. Their sales pitch is borderline retarded,

PS The everyones a winner....oh i can'tbelieve it you've won scratch card is gutt wrenchingly aweful btw.

Edited by carmine

I have no idea if they all have legitimate work permits or not but I do know they are and have always been a bit of a pain. And not just for the tourists who are constantly annoyed whilst trying to enjoy a peaceful holiday. I had a retail shop central Chaweng and I can't count the number of times I had people just about to walk in and have a look when they were pounced on by these so called sales people. And of course in the end my the potential customer ended up walking away as soon as possible from both the silly sales person and my shop. Would love to see them all disappear.

Oh yes silly me. All of those irritating knobs that pestered me on a daily basis last time i was on Phuket all had valid permits did'nt they. :D

The only thing that disappoints me is that they are so totally unprofessional. Their sales pitch is borderline retarded,

PS The everyones a winner....oh i can'tbelieve it you've won scratch card is gutt wrenchingly aweful btw.

Yes they do all have valid work permits!!!..........its not everyones a winner..............its every other one ;)

Timeshare has been on Samui for at least 10 years and is still going strong.........................how many thousands of foreign owned business of all shapes/colours/sizes have come and gone in that same period of time............supply and demand determines a business success, so it must be something the tourists want

Timeshare has been on Samui for at least 10 years and is still going strong.........................how many thousands of foreign owned business of all shapes/colours/sizes have come and gone in that same period of time............supply and demand determines a business success, so it must be something the tourists want

Yep thats really great. Bore off please. thanks mate ;)

OPCs? REPs? These must be the people that sit in the offices, whilst the dozens of grinning youths without work permits, dressed like beach bums, hassle people on the street?

Got it!

Come on!

With the company laws re capitalisation/proportion of Thai employees, there is no possible way these street-workers are legally employed. None of them are here for long enough to make any money, never mind the hassles of getting a non-tourist visa and WP. And how many slobby Brit kids have Thai wives and children!

I remember a few years ago one of the major international hotel chains in BKK was fined a half a million baht or so (the employer - not the illegal workers) because they had a management exchange scheme between their BKK and London hotels. None of the Londoners coming to Thailand for the 3 month exchange had Work Permits.

If anyone from Immigration is reading this - how about making some tea money and doing us all a favour at the same time? Don't bother with the kids on the streets - hit their timeshare employers!

R

OPCs? REPs? These must be the people that sit in the offices, whilst the dozens of grinning youths without work permits, dressed like beach bums, hassle people on the street?

Got it!

Come on!

With the company laws re capitalisation/proportion of Thai employees, there is no possible way these street-workers are legally employed. None of them are here for long enough to make any money, never mind the hassles of getting a non-tourist visa and WP. And how many slobby Brit kids have Thai wives and children!

I remember a few years ago one of the major international hotel chains in BKK was fined a half a million baht or so (the employer - not the illegal workers) because they had a management exchange scheme between their BKK and London hotels. None of the Londoners coming to Thailand for the 3 month exchange had Work Permits.

If anyone from Immigration is reading this - how about making some tea money and doing us all a favour at the same time? Don't bother with the kids on the streets - hit their timeshare employers!

R

No no really Rb they really do have permits. I believe him i really do.:lol:

And if i tried my luck today with five of their scratch cards i have a very strong feeling to the utter disbelief of the tout :o with a work permit, that i'd win everytime. :wai:

Its true though, you must admit that countless foreigners without a clue about business have lost thousands with their pathetic ideas that no one wants, yet timeshare is still popular and making a profit while providing legal work for many expats

Got it!

Come on!

R

No no really Rb they really do have permits. I believe him i really do.:lol:

And if i tried my luck today with five of their scratch cards i have a very strong feeling to the utter disbelief of the tout :o with a work permit, that i'd win everytime. :wai:

How do you know they havnt got permits???............you obviously havnt worked in the industry and dont know anyone at the labour office so you are assuming they dont have permits,yet each and everyone employee does.....you havnt been watching closely enough if you believe every scratch card is a winner, pay more attention next time, you may learn something.......

And, indeed, I dare say millions of people the world over have happily invested in timeshare and are pleased with what they get. That's entirely beside the point. (It's a measure of your own attitude that you constantly evade the issue and keep skipping sideways with your arguments - a little touch of humility or apology might score you some points . . .)

The point is that:

1) Everybody (except for you) detests these moronic and cocky young kids hassling people on the street. This is what gives "timeshare" the bad rep. You can skwark your protests as much as you like but continually defending them makes you look foolish.

2) They are being employed illegally.

3) They are working illegally.

Timeshare companies in first-world nations have now abandoned this unpleasant approach to selling timeshare because they know it doesn't work. People being approached know what it's all about and are repelled by it. I can only assume that the timeshare companies on Samui are working on the assumption that Thailand is an emerging nation and thus is filled with people who are too stupid to know better.

Shame on you!

R

Its true though, you must admit that countless foreigners without a clue about business have lost thousands with their pathetic ideas that no one wants, yet timeshare is still popular and making a profit while providing legal work for many expats

As i've already said i've no beef with time share as such. In principle its a good concept. The problem lies with so many of the individuals within the industry itself

Its just that from what i've seen its a concept sold very poorly, by companies run totally unprofessionally. To back this up i only have to look back to certain "inaccuracies from your posts on this thread.

As i've already said i've no beef with time share as such. In principle its a good concept. The problem lies with so many of the individuals within the industry itself

Its just that from what i've seen its a concept sold very poorly, by companies run totally unprofessionally. To back this up i only have to look back to certain "inaccuracies from your posts on this thread.

inaccuracies???????????????

QUOTE:

inaccuracies???????????????

Brit schoolkids with Thai wives and families doesn't sound very accurate - shall I go on . . . ?

R

ESB7 having rather a bad day on here. :D

these time sharing bashing threads are excellent venting outlets. i am very familiar with companies that have taken the time share path here, i know quite a few people in the labor dept, and i've had quite a few uk time share touts rent bungalows from my friends, each of whom would of course vehemently disagree with esb7 but that doesn't matter, we'll do this all over again in july regardless. there will always be people who expect something from nothing.

ESB7 V The Rest

First set The Rest

I love the tennis angle, what with the French Open currently taking place. I just thinking....do you think that the likes of nadal and federer have work permits overthere in Paris? Did i detect Nadal trying to flog a couple of vilas on the Cote D'Azur in his blog yesterday?

I am not sure that I agree with your logic.

Overpriced taxis and jet-ski scams have been on the island longer than time-share salesman.

I am pretty sure that the tourists do not want them!

Edited by Tropicalevo

<br /><font face="Impact"><font size="7">ESB7 V The Rest</font></font><br /><br />First set         <i><b>The Rest</b></i><br />
<br /><br /><br />

I would disagree that first set was lost..........prove of working illegally would win the first set however nobody can back up their claims but I myselfe from first hand experience know that work permits are supplied to ALL staff so first set to me I thinks..........

ESB7 V The Rest

First set The Rest

I love the tennis angle, what with the French Open currently taking place. I just thinking....do you think that the likes of nadal and federer have work permits overthere in Paris? Did i detect Nadal trying to flog a couple of vilas on the Cote D'Azur in his blog yesterday?

But, talking about tennis players, what happened to Justine Henin "investment$" on Koh Samui ?!? :whistling:

<br /><font face="Impact"><font size="7">ESB7 V The Rest</font></font><br /><br />First set     <i><b>The Rest</b></i><br />
<br /><br /><br />

I would disagree that first set was lost..........prove of working illegally would win the first set however nobody can back up their claims but I myselfe from first hand experience know that work permits are supplied to ALL staff so first set to me I thinks..........

:lol: You sound like a top bloke.