Req For Photo Or Video Of Hard Coral Reef In Asia Here

I am getting that most if not all the hard coral reef is dead 3-15m or at the very least totally browned in all of Asia save for Raja Empat and maybe the Indian Andaman/Nicobar islands, some tiny areas in Indonesia and maybe the islands off of Palawan's northern tip. Reports of Philippines fish - finished. I am especially interested in ANY hard coral reef left in Thailand, I am just not seeing it.

Thanks

Edited by bangkokburning

I don't know where you heard this, there is plenty of coral to see. Last year there was a major bleaching event and a big die off (about 30% in a lot of places I have been) but the coral has regained its colour and is starting to grow back. Some things grow back faster than others.

If you want to see hard coral in Thailand, Koh Tao is the cheapest and (once you get there) most convenient place to do a bit of diving. There are some ok reef dive sites out of Pattaya, good ones out of Phuket and Krabi, and later in the year you can head out to the Similans on a live aboard if you have time and cash.

If you just want to go snorkelling, Koh Surin is a brilliant place to go and the park organises a couple of snorkelling trips each day, or some of the islands in the Andaman you can also rent a boat for a few hours pretty cheaply. Good luck!

He might be reading some comments of some dissatisfied divers

who dived on certain location, then generalized what he saw and

experienced to other areas unaffected by whatever that caused

corals to discolor. :unsure: