Work Nearing Completion On Beach Road

fxm88

Work nearing completion on Beach Road.

Work is nearing completion on Beach Road. Police Lieutenant General Surawongsamsanatcharee, the Provincial Commander of Police in an interview declared that work shall be complete by end-of-year. The underground tsunami shelters which the city has been installing at Pattaya Beach will then be stocked with food, fresh water, and provisions enough to last 3 to 4 weeks while water levels subside.

At the earliest indication of a tsunami, beach-goers can seek safety in the shelters. When the all clear is given survivors will emerge and set about the task of repopulating coastal regions. Now that the temporary landscaping project is complete an advertising campaign will be launched to alert residents and visitors alike as to the existence of the underground shelters.

-Pattaya City News

Monday 10th October 2005

Work nearing completion on Beach Road.

........ The underground tsunami shelters which the city has been installing at Pattaya Beach will then be stocked with food, fresh water, and provisions enough to last 3 to 4 weeks while water levels subside.

At the earliest indication of a tsunami, beach-goers can seek safety in the shelters. When the all clear is given survivors will emerge and set about the task of repopulating coastal regions. Now that the temporary landscaping project is complete an advertising campaign will be launched to alert residents and visitors alike as to the existence of the underground shelters.

-Pattaya City News

Monday 10th October 2005

<deleted>

Wasn't the idea of putting all the electric and telephone cables underground scrapped? I still see all the wires above ground.

Barry

I just don't understand whats going on! One side of Beach Road you get electrocuted the other side you avoid the missing tiles, unexplainable craters and people repairing things that the next day are broken again :D Outside the Royal Garden you walk with a limp for a long way as half the pavement is semi-tiled, half concrete, if you can call it that. :o Yet in my town, only 30 minutes away, the standard of workmanship is great compared to Pattaya standards.

Shouldn't this be in the jokes forum.

Shouldn't the "real" news about this project be over there, too? Shouldn't half the news coming out of Pattaya?

Anyways, here's a pic from this afternoon:

err...What is it? :D

Got a funny feeling someone is going to say its the entrance to the underground T shelters (with the food for 3-4 weeks) :D for 10,000 beachgoersto slide into if and when and will the last man please shut the door. :o

Shouldn't this be in the jokes forum.

Shouldn't the "real" news about this project be over there, too? Shouldn't half the news coming out of Pattaya?

Anyways, here's a pic from this afternoon:

This must be a joke I've looked on the Pattaya City News web site for Monday 10th October 2005 and can't find it also photos on their site have a PCN logo in the bottom corner so as I haven't seen this thing It must be a doctored photo

post-6546-1128932077_thumb.jpg

post-6546-1128932384_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tufty

I only get down there once a month and just got back. Maybe it's just me but at least the actual pedestrian promenade on the beach side looked quite alright and much improved (didn't see any UFO's either;). Still, a work in progress elsewhere, as always :o

Patters is bursting at the seams- infrastructure traditionally lags in SE Asia and then is poorly designed, to be re-corrected over and over. This to compensate for designing for 'today' due to lack of public funds combined with a cronyfest bid system.

This isn't unique to just Pattaya course and that's the way of it untill a tax system with teeth is in place (to support burgeoning public costs) plus a transparent bid system. But then expect your costs/taxes etc to rival Spain etc and I fully expect to hear ppl sighing thinking about these good ol' days... Meanwhile, try to enjoy the bumps along the way :D

I drove down Beach Road yesterday afternoon and didn't see any of these shelters...  :D

Isn't Photoshop a wonderful toy...  :o

Think that they are underground. :D

Did you enlarge the "photograph"?

I may have been distracted by some of the other sights along that stretch of road but I certainly didn't see anything like this.

I'll have another look tonight.

:D

This might be a little off topic, but i can't figure out why pattaya spends tons of money and can't get anything completed. Not only the beach, the counters for the stop lights. Why they could not maintaine them when just south of pattaya in Amphur Satahip they have no problems, with the counters and even up in Surin their able to maintain them in a working condition.

Barry

Just keep the accursed motorcyclists off the beachfront promenade that was built for walkers, joggers and bicycle riders. Of course the tsunami shelters is a hoax. The construction work is to put overhead wires underground and make the promenade better than ever -- if they can keep the motor vehicles off! Sadly, the rude drivers seem to have taken advantage of the construction mess to invade their intrusive presence to pedestrian territory. The TAT actually responded to my written complaint with an emailed promise to restore the promenade to what it was several years ago, before the digging started. They will supposedly put up high curbs and other physical barriers to keep the moto geeks where they belong, on Beach Road with the other motor vehicles. I look forward to being able once again to walk in peace and safety on a lovely beachfront walkway, trying my best to ignore the noisy chaos of the road on the other side of the barriers.

I understand that that leaves the way clear for the planned extention of beach road sea front along Walking Street so demolition of the properties who can't prove ownership could begin as early as next month?

Do you think they'll warn customers inside first?