Cat Evdo Cdma

Gary A

I have complained to them many times and at this point, they no longer bother to answer. It has been so slow that downloads stall and won't resume. (Times out) The Thai Visa speed test won't work in either the Singapore or Bangkok locations. I am frustrated to no end. The sad part is that other than EDGE, I have NO options. It is now worse than Crapstar.

So much for my useless rant. Where's my Kindle.

Ive used CAT CDMA for over Three years now and its been like a roller coaster ride with more downs that up's , There have been times where the connection disappeared , stopped or slowed down to a crawl . I have kept a log of the number of times I called the CAT office and surprislying most of the time the problem was generally rectified within 24 hours. Ive met CAT engineers at my nearest CAT tower ( approx 6 KM away from my house ) and managed to get their personal mobile telephone numbers, and on several occasions I called the engineer directly and out lined a problem, they in turn all ways called me back to see if the problem had been rectified . From what the engineers told me my nearest CAT tower is currently being used by 4 other users in my area , it does general seem to me that the quality of the service is dependant on the distance the tower is from the user, and the number of local users. My only other Two internet connecting options are by using my TOT land line and a dial up pre paid option, or my mobile phones EDGE option, both of which leave a lot to be desired . these are today's speeds .

2011-06-05_0552.png

2011-06-05_0554.png

As for the future of CAT CDMA ,and Truemoves national 3G roll out with CAT , surly they just can't abandon all the current CAT CDMA customers , even though the service in some areas as per Gary's comment is beyond a joke, I suspect there are many CAT CDMA users who have no alternative internet connection option so what are they going to do :(

Since yesterday evening ( Sat 05 June ) uploads to anywhere are arbitrarily being disconnected. ( Still happening today ( Sunday morning ).

MailBigFile (HTTP) has persistently failed with a 25Mb file, and the same file using destination FTP servers in Singapore and USA has also failed. What on earth have they done this time ?? Smaller files , <5Mb , seem to get through . . .

The management in CAT Chiang Rai admit that CDMA throughput has deteriorated significantly since about mid Feb, probably due to it being oversold and provision for extra bandwidth. After 1000 weekdays it is virtually unusable until 1800 onwards.

Agreed the last month has shown even more degradation in my area west of Chaing Rai. About 6 km from mast, over the past year steady 3 bar signal. Now it intermittently drops to 1 bar for variable periods of time then "recovers".

They have said it is probably due to a faulty CDMA USB device, which is absolute rubbish as I have two units EC226 and MC760 and they both demonstrate signal degradation to the same degree, and pick up again together when the signal improves !!

Is there anything definitive anywhere that says CAT will abandon all its current CDMA users and what is the alternative ??

Since yesterday evening ( Sat 05 June ) uploads to anywhere are arbitrarily being disconnected. ( Still happening today ( Sunday morning ).

MailBigFile (HTTP) has persistently failed with a 25Mb file, and the same file using destination FTP servers in Singapore and USA has also failed. What on earth have they done this time ?? Smaller files , <5Mb , seem to get through . . .

The management in CAT Chiang Rai admit that CDMA throughput has deteriorated significantly since about mid Feb, probably due to it being oversold and provision for extra bandwidth. After 1000 weekdays it is virtually unusable until 1800 onwards.

Agreed the last month has shown even more degradation in my area west of Chaing Rai. About 6 km from mast, over the past year steady 3 bar signal. Now it intermittently drops to 1 bar for variable periods of time then "recovers".

They have said it is probably due to a faulty CDMA USB device, which is absolute rubbish as I have two units EC226 and MC760 and they both demonstrate signal degradation to the same degree, and pick up again together when the signal improves !!

Is there anything definitive anywhere that says CAT will abandon all its current CDMA users and what is the alternative ??

Its definitely not just Chiang Rai or your USB device. Since yesterday it has also been unusable in Chiang Mai as well. I play chess online yet I'm being disconnected every ~2 minutes so its not just file size. I am also being constantly disconnected from my instant messaging software.

Today CAT is totally DEAD, no signal, just a red light on the little modem. If I had not paid 10,000 baht for the modem, I would definitely tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine!!!!!! Unlimited EDGE is looking better everyday. Slow but at least it works.

Agree, and I have joined so many others here and just don't pay. they can't turn you off, everyone has the same username and password. On many days I just use my cell phone.

When you first sign up they 'turn you on' via your units cell number, not the name and password. They may not have got round to turning you off yet, but they will.

Agree, and I have joined so many others here and just don't pay. they can't turn you off, everyone has the same username and password. On many days I just use my cell phone.

When you first sign up they 'turn you on' via your units cell number, not the name and password. They may not have got round to turning you off yet, but they will.

there are folks that I know that have not ever paid a bill....over 2 years