Proliferation Of Incredibly Noisy Motorbikes In Phuket

snoother

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have a problem, you (or your bike) are too fast for the local roads. In stead of thinking logically you come with the solution: ok, let's make the bike faster and louder. Sure, makes sense to me.

steve you say you had a big bike before. Now try to answer this honestly..did you ride the same speed as the all the samlors, grandmas and entire families on one bike doing 20-40kph?

So you have a problem, you (or your bike) are too fast for the local roads. In stead of thinking logically you come with the solution: ok, let's make the bike faster and louder. Sure, makes sense to me.

steve you say you had a big bike before. Now try to answer this honestly..did you ride the same speed as the all the samlors, grandmas and entire families on one bike doing 20-40kph?

No, of course not, which is why I sold it. Too dangerous here, a standard 100 cc with its normal, accepted speeds (yes, faster than 20-40 km/hr) is much safer. I also considered to make it faster, but logical thinking made me realise that was not the solution :whistling: .

No, of course not, which is why I sold it. Too dangerous here, a standard 100 cc with its normal, accepted speeds (yes, faster than 20-40 km/hr) is much safer. I also considered to make it faster, but logical thinking made me realise that was not the solution :whistling: .

I fail to see the logic in replacing a fast, safe and legal sportsbike able to keep same speed as other traffic, with your illegal samlor blocking traffic and making the roads unsafe for the rest

I fail to see the logic in replacing a fast, safe and legal sportsbike able to keep same speed as other traffic, with your illegal samlor blocking traffic and making the roads unsafe for the rest

Ah, but who said I did that? Maybe time to read again what has been said in this thread.

So you're driving the same speed as normal, other motorbikes are driving like the 100 cc Wave I have? I was driving faster, which made it unsafe IMO. I would say normal speed is 60 on Patak Road, less opposite Tesco/market because it is quite busy there, 70-80 on Viset Road, etc.

If you keep the same speed as other traffic I agree with you, no need to get rid of the big bike. Nor of the standard and legal exhaust BTW, because it would already be safer than any 'normal' bike, you don't need more noise to be more 'visible'.

Who said anything about a sidecar? I already had one of those before I imported my big bike.

SO,, how many of you guys had your Sunday destroyed by these thousands and thousands of Harleys there must be in Phuket with loud pipes, i mean there must be thousands and thousands if they can make you complain about then, maybe you didnt hear the noisy pickup trucks or any other noise but just went for the big bad bike noise?? <_<

Now go get a life or maybe move to Prasat Hin Khao, not to many big bad noisy bikes i have heard :rolleyes:

The noise from the noisiest pickup truck doesn't come anywhere near the racket that you decibel junkies make. The noise from trucks, though slightly irritating doesn't cause any conversations to be put on hold until some macho plonker with his BIG pipes goes past.

Now I suggest that YOU get a life other than desperately trying to get yourself noticed by being noisy (that's really sad).

It may come as a shock to you, but the people that watch you ride by, wrapped in your noise cocoon, are not looking at you with admiration but with contempt.

As I said before, I have no problem with hearing the sweet sounds from a properly tuned and cared-for big bike. I admire the bikers that can manage to ride their bikes safely without having to resort to extremes. I have quite a few biker friends in this category.

It's just a sad few who can't seem to manage it and to try to justify the noise by saying it's a safety feature - what a load of BS! :jerk:

SO,, how many of you guys had your Sunday destroyed by these thousands and thousands of Harleys there must be in Phuket with loud pipes, i mean there must be thousands and thousands if they can make you complain about then, maybe you didn't hear the noisy pickup trucks or any other noise but just went for the big bad bike noise?? <_<

Now go get a life or maybe move to Prasat Hin Khao, not to many big bad noisy bikes i have heard :rolleyes:

Ants and douchebags are the only things I hate about Phuket. Unfortunatly it's impossible to get rid of any of those but that won't make me move somewhere else...

Most of the people who hate big bikes have never had one :)

you should try one, it could make your day, try go to CM on a big bike, then you will see the real Thailand, just remember 4 wheels move your body 2 wheels move your soul :)

Old whiney Rawai expat barflys can't convey their stale old conversation in the bar as a noisy Harley goes past.

The horror.ohmy.gif

'Get out of here kids, get off my lawn'rolleyes.gif

Something like this....check these pipes out....:D saves a fortune on underarm deodorant as well...

untitled.bmp

Edited by brieno1955

Old whiney Rawai expat barflys can't convey their stale old conversation in the bar as a noisy Harley goes past.

The horror.ohmy.gif

'Get out of here kids, get off my lawn'rolleyes.gif

As they then hop on their illegal samlor (motorbike with sidecar). "Proliferation of Incredibly Dangerous and Illegal Motorbikes with Sidecars Driven by farang in Rawaii." deserves it's own thread. Honestly, what's that about?

As they then hop on their illegal samlor (motorbike with sidecar). "Proliferation of Incredibly Dangerous and Illegal Motorbikes with Sidecars Driven by farang in Rawaii." deserves it's own thread. Honestly, what's that about?

They seem to come in two flavours.

Either using them to transport dive-tanks, surf-boards, canoes etc. Or to transport their middle-aged European wife. There's usually one of those white plastic chairs placed in the side-car.

I know one has a gigantic Thai flag fluttering from a flag-pole built onto the side-car.

They haven't a clue that they look like totally sycophantic plonkers.

Edited by KarenBravo

SB and KBB, if you can't win with arguments, simply ignoring the discussion is easiest. Or coming up with sidecars, what do they have to do with your motorbike?

rested my case yesterday 12 posts ago, as I do not need to win the discussion. My big bikes will keep aftermarket exhaust, to remain loud and safe and gain increased power and reduced weight. When I start it I never rev engine, just take off. Phuket is a big bike Province, and will remain so, supported by the Governors office and local agencies.

However, since you woke me up again, most TH sold big bikes have their exhaust system replaced with aftermarket systems within a year, to reduce weight, increase power and engine response and change sound.

Having a read up here in TV Bike Forum, we can see owners are willing to spend as much as 26k baht on a 100k baht Honda CBR250 to gain the above advantages.

Since you where focusing on road safety, illegal samlors have very much to do with the safety of big bike riding and road safety in general. They are well known for being dangerous(main reason they are illegal) and usually blocking the roads at jogging speed. I mentioned your samlor cause you have previously stated you ride one.

Some people do not like loud bikes, fine. Some do, no need to call them names or assume how they live their lives or dress or IF they have tattoes.

As a non biker I still can see some logic in loud pipes (I guess) but what I really do not understand is way when arriving at your destination, after parking your noisy bike you have to rev it up a couple off times before shutting the engine? Is this a safety matter as well? Or maybe, just maybe a bit of macho behaviour?

The horror.ohmy.gif

That's right, so loud I couldn't hear myself drinking.

"Cuz when I drink alone..................I prefer to be by myself"

As a non biker I still can see some logic in loud pipes (I guess) but what I really do not understand is way when arriving at your destination, after parking your noisy bike you have to rev it up a couple off times before shutting the engine? Is this a safety matter as well? Or maybe, just maybe a bit of macho behaviour?

Usually do not rev after parking, slight throttle at start up, never idle or rev before take off if I ride alone.

If riding in group, idle until take off.

Slight throttle applied when shifting, and downshift to 1st gear can appear after parking so exception to above may happen

a new Ferrari both revs engine automaticly on start up, and slight throttle at gearhifts automaticly :P

My GF rides a sportsbike too, and she is not macho ;)

We just love the speed, performance, acceleration, adrenaline-kicks and freedom on two wheels, and couldnt care less if people think I am macho or gay or tattoed or whatever Chainsaw named us :rolleyes:

rested my case yesterday 12 posts ago, as I do not need to win the discussion. My big bikes will keep aftermarket exhaust, to remain loud and safe and gain increased power and reduced weight. When I start it I never rev engine, just take off. Phuket is a big bike Province, and will remain so, supported by the Governors office and local agencies.

However, since you woke me up again, most TH sold big bikes have their exhaust system replaced with aftermarket systems within a year, to reduce weight, increase power and engine response and change sound.

Having a read up here in TV Bike Forum, we can see owners are willing to spend as much as 26k baht on a 100k baht Honda CBR250 to gain the above advantages.

Since you where focusing on road safety, illegal samlors have very much to do with the safety of big bike riding and road safety in general. They are well known for being dangerous(main reason they are illegal) and usually blocking the roads at jogging speed. I mentioned your samlor cause you have previously stated you ride one.

Some people do not like loud bikes, fine. Some do, no need to call them names or assume how they live their lives or dress or IF they have tattoes.

So you maintain your reasoning that you are driving too fast for the Thai/Phuket roads, so need louder pipes so people/dogs will hear you coming and you can driver more safe (at those higher speeds of course).

All the side arguments you can come up with have no effect whatsoever on your basic argument: you needing louder pipes so people can better hear you coming and you can drive safely.

I just can not understand how somebody can really believe that reasoning, but ok, your reasoning.

So you maintain your reasoning that you are driving too fast for the Thai/Phuket roads, so need louder pipes so people/dogs will hear you coming and you can driver more safe (at those higher speeds of course).

All the side arguments you can come up with have no effect whatsoever on your basic argument: you needing louder pipes so people can better hear you coming and you can drive safely.

I just can not understand how somebody can really believe that reasoning, but ok, your reasoning.

Too fast for the Thai/Phuket roads is your assumption, cant see that as my reasoning, as you state.

I am a rather slow big bike rider. Often on curvy roads like Kata-Patong auto scoot riders are faster than me as they are willing to take the risk of overtaking/passing cars where i find it unsafe.

Louder pipes make other motorists able to separate my bike coming at 90kmh, from a Mio on its way to the market at 40kmh.

Ii am not asking anyone to believe any reasoning as you say in this thread at all, neither your or mine. Simply accept that most big bike owners modify their bikes to be lighter, more powerfull and louder. Here in Thailand and in the rest of the world

KBB

Louder pipes make other motorists able to separate my bike coming at 90kmh, from a Mio on its way to the market at 40kmh.

Meaning what exactly?...Your argument is that it is for safety is it not? How does this statement relate to any safety issue?...bizzare indeed...:unsure: Sounds more like a ''look at me " issue....

You said 'loud and safe" in earlier post but you cannot explain why loud= safe.....Why?... because as Chainsaw said..what a load of BS! :jerk:

Yeah...What's up with that biker dudes? I see and hear it all the time. In fact, everytime.

No,its for wake up the bargirls and stop them from eating.

Something like this....check these pipes out....:D saves a fortune on underarm deodorant as well...

Sorry?...underarm what? :whistling:

Sorry? what dont you understand? :unsure:

He's making a joke that a lot of the bikers don't know what underarm deodorant is.........

BTW-regarding that picture, what a nutter, how can that guy possibly control that bike with handlebars like that. Death wish.