Aircon Timer

gennisis

I have 2 Samsung aircons. The opeating manuals are in Thai so I looked them up on the internet.

The aicon timers are built in and to operate I have to do.....

1,,, turn off the remote.

2,,,press the timer 'On' button and select the start-up time.

2,,,press the timer 'Off' button and select the stop time.

3,,press the timer 'SET' button.

4,,turn ON the remote.

5,, select the desired temperature.

'Voila'....nothing happens !!!

I have tried both remotes with both aircons....zilch!!

It seems many manufacturers have the same operating instructions for their models and timers.

So....any suggestions please.

AirCon in my apartment is not Samsung but you program timer in following manner. For "ON" you set number of hours from now for unit to come on. For "OFF" you set number of hours from now for unit to turn off.

Yes I agree with you and this is what I have done.I set the 'on' for 30 mins in advance of the present time and the off for a couple of hours later...but nothing happens.

Just a thought, have you set the clock to the correct time?

Although I don't use it our (not Samsung) A/Cs have a real-time on/off timer so in order to function correctly their internal clock has to be correctly set.

If your samsung are the same as mine. Start by pressing the "on timer " button, then press the time(arrow)button to the amount of hours wanted (example) 9 hours then press the set button. In 9 hours the unit will start. Do not press the "off time"button when programming the unit to start only. This is essentially a count down timer.It has no actual time of day clock. To program shut down time press "off time" the number of desired hours then press the set button. I set my off time with the unit running. I hope this helps.

Edited by rucus7