Custom Cable Makers

I snapped a clutch cable on my blade which is fightered.

First off I thought the cable I had used before was a hornet 919 cable, but after getting one posted in, it clearly isnt.

Then I ran around trying to source whatever cable we used that was found in Thai when we fightered it.. And cant..

Then I had a local solder up a cable, but the super heavy drag race clutch springs ripped the nipple off. It wasnt a very good job IMO and to be fair hes used to making up vespa cabling not stuff like this.

All up I have spent a couple of months now, riding my DRZ and ignoring the blade, all because of a silly cable.

Does anyone know a DECENT cable maker incountry ?? Who can solder a nipple that will hold a heavy duty clutch. They would need to work to measurements I email or a cable I send them.

Otherwise its ordering one from the west or even fitting a hydraulic clutch kit. Total waste to have my 900 idle and need to sort it out.

Such a simple thing, but cant seem to get anyone who can or will make a cable up. Or at least not one that can hold that clutch back.

OK.. a Bit baffled by this suggestion tho..

10cm longer than what tho ?? Cos all cables on most bikes different. The clutch end is a barrel end cable type end, the engine end is I think its called a 'pear' nipple. Also its not only the length but the amount of cable that exists outside the sheath is different per cable setup.

So you have different end fitment types, different sheath lengths and different cable 'extension' as well as screw thread adjusters etc that all go into making up the 'cable'. A bit unsure of an elevator standard would be helping me ?? Eg I found a cable with the correct end fitments but had much too much spare cable 'inner' extending out of the sheath to engage the mechanism.

I also found universal fitment parts, which is fairly normal, but the problem is the clutch just ripped the soldered pear end off. I think the lad made it up with a iron and not a torch and it could possibly have been made better.

I kind of thought Richco or one of the bigger places in town could help but no one seems interested if its not a 'standard xx model' part they can order, bit surprised at that.

OK.. a Bit baffled by this suggestion tho..

10cm longer than what tho ?? Cos all cables on most bikes different. The clutch end is a barrel end cable type end, the engine end is I think its called a 'pear' nipple. Also its not only the length but the amount of cable that exists outside the sheath is different per cable setup.

So you have different end fitment types, different sheath lengths and different cable 'extension' as well as screw thread adjusters etc that all go into making up the 'cable'. A bit unsure of an elevator standard would be helping me ?? Eg I found a cable with the correct end fitments but had much too much spare cable 'inner' extending out of the sheath to engage the mechanism.

I also found universal fitment parts, which is fairly normal, but the problem is the clutch just ripped the soldered pear end off. I think the lad made it up with a iron and not a torch and it could possibly have been made better.

I kind of thought Richco or one of the bigger places in town could help but no one seems interested if its not a 'standard xx model' part they can order, bit surprised at that.

just trying to help

each size you go up, is 10 cm longer

thinking of it. they come with "something" attached in one end only, and the other end is usually held with screw/clamp

but as Spoonman stepped in, you v got a TH supplier :)