Tsunami News?

khall64au

Hi all,

Am researching at university-level, the social effects of long-term tsunami aid - beyond the days of short-term benefit, essential to many in recovery of the severe impacts of tsunami devastation - but I would like to hear from anyone with information about long-term programs, designed to assist communities in recovery beyond the days of shelter and immediate needs - looking to the future (in the early days) of the needs and aspirations that would come (and have now long-eventuated).

Success stories please!

Am happy to hear any hints or concrete programs from anyone involved in those past-programs.

Thankyou!

What happened to the Tsunami News section on Thaivisa Forum? Is it in archives somewhere - and how to access? Am sure there is a valuable store of information there for historical research purposes!?

What happened to the Tsunami News section on Thaivisa Forum? Is it in archives somewhere - and how to access? Am sure there is a valuable store of information there for historical research purposes!?

Use the Advanced search here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums

Apply search in Thailand News forum and choose how you want the posts presented and in which order. Voila!

Cheers

You know a thing called Google? :rolleyes:

Used Google many times - found many research papers for my needs, thank-you very much. Since you joined in 2007, you may not know - there was once a dedicated Forum called 'Tsunami News'. That's the Asian tsunami of 26 Dec, 2004.

Thanks for your feedback! :blink:

It was moved in with news, since it was felt a dedicated forum was no longer needed

Thanks Sbk - I tried George's suggestion but came up with nothing - appreciate any further feedback.

Actually, forums like this are now invaluable for researching grass roots inputs on the Asian tsunami - as many research topics are now focusing on the value of long-term lessons learned.

Have the early inputs had a long-term positive impact, etc? I was hoping to find all the original posts in "original" order.

Cheers

Kerrie

ps. sorry about short answer to 'whats-is-name' but don't need feedback like that...