Kaewsun To Launch Campaign Against Yingluck On June 18

webfact

Perjury is KNOWINGLY giving false testimony. If a person's statements are false but the person making them believes them, it is not perjury. The Court in its wisdom may decide the testimony is false and deny it, but it is not perjury.

That may be as it is, but here we're talkng about a court statement given by Ms. Yingluck which was seen as false. Since the statement reflected she had in safekeeping for her brother (as it was ruled), it's difficult to believe she didn't knowingly gave a false testimony. She may have made an honest mistake though runs in the family 'Oh THOSE shares, well I have so many, difficult to keep track'

The legal definition of perjury involves intent, not correctness of information. If the information is know to be false by the witness and is intended to deceive, then it is perjury. If the information is shown to be false but an intention to deceive cannot be established, then it is not perjury.

It is the intention to deceive which is important to prosecute for perjury. As short of using polygraphs or other witnesses who report intent, this is difficult to prove, it is a subjective assessment. Thus reasonable doubt normally applies.

If it is true she did NOT know it was false,

then bottom line she is simply too stupid to run a nation.

And equally valid reason to sideline her.

Perjury is KNOWINGLY giving false testimony. If a person's statements are false but the person making them believes them, it is not perjury. The Court in its wisdom may decide the testimony is false and deny it, but it is not perjury.

That may be as it is, but here we're talkng about a court statement given by Ms. Yingluck which was seen as false. Since the statement reflected she had in safekeeping for her brother (as it was ruled), it's difficult to believe she didn't knowingly gave a false testimony. She may have made an honest mistake though runs in the family 'Oh THOSE shares, well I have so many, difficult to keep track'

The legal definition of perjury involves intent, not correctness of information. If the information is know to be false by the witness and is intended to deceive, then it is perjury. If the information is shown to be false but an intention to deceive cannot be established, then it is not perjury.

It is the intention to deceive which is important to prosecute for perjury. As short of using polygraphs or other witnesses who report intent, this is difficult to prove, it is a subjective assessment. Thus reasonable doubt normally applies.

If it is true she did NOT know it was false,

then bottom line she is simply too stupid to run a nation.

And equally valid reason to sideline her.

Agreed, she is in a catch 22 situation. It is like the trick question, "have you stopped beating your wife?". But then have you ever tried explaining catch 22 to a Thai? You simply cannot judge Thai "logic" by western standards.

I think a lot of people on this threat will be eating HUMBLE PIE now. I also noticed that the TVF did not put the headline up :whistling:

SEC, The Security and Exchange Commission said it's case's against Yingluck were over and final. They found nothing wrong.:jap:

Check out the headlines. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/06/13/business/Cases-against-Yingluck-final-SEC-30157681.html

Boy this will make her more popular than ever now. I think Yingluck has had the last laugh.:clap2:

I think a lot of people on this threat will be eating HUMBLE PIE now. I also noticed that the TVF did not put the headline up :whistling:

SEC, The Security and Exchange Commission said it's case's against Yingluck were over and final. They found nothing wrong.:jap:

Check out the headlines. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/06/13/business/Cases-against-Yingluck-final-SEC-30157681.html

Boy this will make her more popular than ever now. I think Yingluck has had the last laugh.:clap2:

As far as I understand the English language article, the SEC says "The Securities and Exchange Commission has insisted that its proceedings against Yingluck Shinawatra for her involvement in the Shin Corporation Plc's share scandal, is final and over." Note the 'it's proceedings are final and over'.

In even plainer English TAN Network says

"SEC: Yingluck Did Not Violate Securities Law Despite Committing Perjury

UPDATE : 13 June 2011

The Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, has announced that, despite committing perjury while testifying during her brother's assets concealment case, Yingluck Shinawatra did not violate the 1992 Securities and Stock Exchange Law"

http://www.tannetwork.tv/tan/ViewData.aspx?DataID=1044800

Luckily lots of Thai don't read these English language newsflashes

Check out the headlines. http://www.nationmul...C-30157681.html

As far as I understand the English language article, the SEC says "The Securities and Exchange Commission has insisted that its proceedings against Yingluck Shinawatra for her involvement in the Shin Corporation Plc's share scandal, is final and over." Note the 'it's proceedings are final and over'.

The Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, has announced that, despite committing perjury while testifying during her brother's assets concealment case, Yingluck Shinawatra did not violate the 1992 Securities and Stock Exchange Law"

http://www.tannetwor...?DataID=1044800

i'd rather love to state it another way....

Luckily lots of Thai FARANG don't read these English THAI language newsflashes :D

Check out the headlines. http://www.nationmul...C-30157681.html

http://www.tannetwor...?DataID=1044800

i'd rather love to state it another way....

Luckily lots of Thai FARANG don't read these English THAI language newsflashes :D

It's even clearer in that other newspaper. You know, the one that they dont like us to put on here.:D

Anti-Thaksin Network Seeks Stock Panel's Clarification

A civic organization pursuing legal action against the Pheu Thai Party's prime ministerial candidate for allegedly filing a false shareholding report has sought clarification from the Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, over its refusal to seek charges against her.

The Civic Network Against Amnesty for Fugitive Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has called on the Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, to give an explaination after it found Yingluck Shinawatra not guilty, deciding that she did not have to report the asset profile to authorities.

The civic organization, led by academic Kaewsan Atipoti, insisted Yingluck is guilty according to Articles 278 and 302, not 246 as ruled by the SEC.

Kaewsan added his group will launch a signature campaign at Thammasat University on June 18 to press charges against Yingluck, Thaksin, Khunying Podjaman and the Shinawatras with the Special Investigation Department, the National Anti-corruption Commission, the Office of the Attorney General, and the SEC on June 21.

He went on to say his organization will not act from June 21 onwards as the poll is drawing closer, but his group will follow up the progress of the accusation against Yingluck until the end of time.

Another core figure in the group, Doctor Tul Sittisomwong, stated he was not surprised with the SEC's stance that was in favor of Yingluck.

He challenged the Pheu Thai Party not to sack the director general of the Special Investigation Department in the event this party is able to form the next government.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-06-15

footer_n.gif