Driving License Renewal

dsfbrit

I am renewing my 5 year license, I have my house chinut with my name on it plus household bills to that address, do I Still need a letter of proof of residence from immigration ?

TIT... You need the letter from immigration. But I heard if you have a yellow house book, it works as well.

The Chinote doesn't show any house or residence information and does not show your name. Household bills are not an official form of document.

However to get the letter from Immigration you will need your blue house book (foreigners are not listed in the blue house book) and a copy of a recent utility bill in your name with your address.

Go figure.

Edited by BB1950

I am renewing my 5 year license, I have my house chinut with my name on it plus household bills to that address, do I Still need a letter of proof of residence from immigration ?

A photocopy of your existing licence (front and back) is enough for immigration to issue you a cert of residence.

• 1 month later...

Renewed my expired (by 3 weeks) 5 year licenses a couple of days ago in Pattaya:

Documents:

Passport

Work Permit

Expired Car & Bike licenses

Arrived at 8.50am and went straight over the road to the photocopy shop where the lady copied all relevant pages and then I went across to renew my licenses. Let the lady at the entrance desk take care of your papers and point you in the right direction. You will then be given a number along with your docs and be sent upstairs to wait for the color blind test, reaction test and video etc. Then you will be called to pay & have photos taken and then be issued with your new licenses.

It was packed out when I went and I just made it out before noon before they stopped for lunch.

I got my first 5 - year license to day. They required:

Copy passport details page and current extension of stay. Also wanted to see the original passport

Copy of work permit ( as proof of residence ). Also wanted to see original work permit.

Copy expiring driving license ( as they return the expired license to you, with a hole punched through it ).

Medical certificate - original, not a copy.

That was today. Maybe tomorrow will be different requirements.