Some Hotel/Guesthouse Farang Not Allowed?

4evermaat

Yes I can believe it.

How can you expect a government that acts like school children in a playground to pass a law preventing blatant racism?

No blacks no dogs no Irish, that was over 50 years ago in UK. Thankfully we've moved on. Thailand has a long way to go but it won't be in my lifetime....

''No blacks. no dogs. no Irtsh'', Mythology mate, never happened, you are believing your own propaganda.

Edited by rott

I have had 'I wont date a black person', which gets me to retort 'I only date virgins'.

I would never date a virgin.

I don't think I've ever met a virgin

Apart from me of course...

Edited by endure

Sometimes I go to Bangkok with my Thai BIL'S and we go

barhopping, Nana,Soi cowboy. They are not allowed in over

half the bars we go to. Because....they are Thai. :whistling:

You know why?

I experienced the same with some friends some time back as well.

Started to ask why.

It is because they have in the past had problems with younger Thai men running away from their tabs.

So in order to eradicate the problem, they just implement this blanket, and stop all Thais.

They know it is unfair, but the problem was solved.

You know why?

Started to ask why.

It is because they have in the past had problems with younger Thai men running away from their tabs.

So in order to eradicate the problem, they just implement this blanket, and stop all Thais.

Quite a few hotels, especially the top end type, used to flat out refuse Thai's. Some still do, but a more competitive market has to some extent changed that.

You know why?

Started to ask why.

Quite a few hotels, especially the top end type, used to flat out refuse Thai's. Some still do, but a more competitive market has to some extent changed that.

That's because they want foreigners who are afraid to go outside of their hotel and will eat their overpriced food and hang out in their overpriced bar.

As for not letting Thai dudes in gogos, I think its because the chicks are working on foreigners who make up their customer base and don't want them hassled or distracted. A couple young Thai guys that are getting all the attention isn't good for business. Some of the chicks would also feel awkward or ashamed about talking and hitting on some fat foreigner with them there, and some guys might make comments towards the chicks as well.

So do I, never had problem with my skin complexion ...

Being half Belgian/half Indonesian, I always let people guess from I am coming from, and this can be be from Morocco 'till Brunei... even one day Peru!

Anyway, when I am checking in 400 / room hotel, the price tag is in USD not THB B)

If you can get something very nice at 30-100 USD (in Thailand), I would be interested to see where the other 300 is going. Is it thai or foreign brand name?

<br />Yes I can believe it.<br />How can you expect a government that acts like school children in a playground to pass a law preventing blatant racism?<br />No blacks no dogs no Irish, that was over 50 years ago in UK. Thankfully we've moved on. Thailand has a long way to go but it won't be in my lifetime....<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Deputy PM Suthep stated publicly and quite clearly" I do not trust Farang!"

The government speaking. Citizens take a cue and follow through. Add to that the inbred Xenophobia in the Thais mind.

So what exactly is he afraid of? Did he just make a broad statement? Or was he talking about a specific situation?

The article i read reported him as saying he didnt respect Farang. Theres a bit of differance. Why would he have to trust farangs anyway?

If indeed the same incident, im pretty sure he was referring to speculation on whether there would be foriegn markers (or observers) overseeing the ballot process in Thailand.

Considering certain medias propensity for sensationalism and the fact they didnt really explain the whole dialouge, or even mention exactly what Thai word was translated as "respect", I would not discount that something may have been lost (or rather added) in the translation.

It may well be possible that a more accurate translation could have gone along the lines of.."We should not need to respect the authority of Farangs in Thailands election matters"

But then again he just might not like us because of our reputation of being drunkard tattooed wh0remongers who dress shabbily :lol:

Edited by ozzieovaseas

There have been several special occasions when a group of foreigners together with 2 or 3 Thai guys visit Nana or Cowboy bars. No problem with them getting in at all. How are they treated inside? Exactly the same. They might be hit on, they might not. As for the girls feeling embarrassed...ummm....I don't think so! Embarrassment went out the window a long time ago for these girls.

Now if the Thai girls would have tried to enter as a group alone...maybe different story. And so might it be for a group of farang alone trying to enter one of the finest hostess bars around town.

You know why?

Started to ask why.

That's because they want foreigners who are afraid to go outside of their hotel and will eat their overpriced food and hang out in their overpriced bar.

As for not letting Thai dudes in gogos, I think its because the chicks are working on foreigners who make up their customer base and don't want them hassled or distracted. A couple young Thai guys that are getting all the attention isn't good for business. Some of the chicks would also feel awkward or ashamed about talking and hitting on some fat foreigner with them there, and some guys might make comments towards the chicks as well.

A couple of young Thai guys will never get the attention in a gogo bar.

They are not looked upon as potential customers.