Used Laptop

Lost in LOS

Laptops with decent specs (and netbooks and tablets too) are so cheap now that they are basically disposable items. There really isn't much of a market for used notebooks. They are outdated in 8-12 months in any case and the new models available by then will have 2x the specs of the used one for less money.

But there are shops on the 3rd and 4th floors of T-C that sell used notebooks if you must have one.

Enough pawn shops whit used laptops.....

Only mostly you'll pay there almost the new price.....

but between 10 and 15000 bath you'll will find a new good laptop and you'll get guarantee !!!

Or look at the ad's section.maybey your lucky...

kamluan

cash converters in the Carrefour building usually have 2-3 on offer

all have 30 day guarantee

As other posters have implied, you might as well buy a cheap new one.

as people simply ask too much for used laptops these days.

Go with AMD over Intel and you can see cheap new ones for as little as 10000 baht at dut com.

cash converters in the Carrefour building usually have 2-3 on offer

all have 30 day guarantee

As other posters have implied, you might as well buy a cheap new one.

as people simply ask too much for used laptops these days.

Go with AMD over Intel and you can see cheap new ones for as little as 10000 baht at dut com.

i guess it depends what his main purpose for the laptop is

personally i would rather pay more and get more grunt.............

Cash convertors,,,,,

like i said before....if at cash convertors the price is 10000 ,i guarantee you that the same new one will cost about 2 or 3thousend bath more...

and you'll have your guarantee,and not for only 30 days.

I mean cash convertors is s pawnshop,if your machine breaks....what happends then??they send it to the factory and you need to wait until....2 or 3 months?

they give your money back then???

Don't buy a laptop there!!

And dont buy at big c or tesco lotus,their service us bad!!!

Best thing to do is going to tucom and look around.

atleast if it doesnt work wheb you come home you can go back and they even will give a new if they can't resolve it.

peacewhistling.gif

I agree with all the above - buy a new one. If you buy a second hand one and it costs you 8K you'll probably get a new one with double the spec and half the problems for 12K.

Perhaps more importantly is what kind of extra baggage are you getting with the 2nd hand laptop? Who knows what bugs or viruses may lurk within, or worse. Maybe one day you're off on an overseas trip with your 2nd hand laptop - because you're coming from Thailand the customs department at the other end decide to take a look at the contents of your laptop (not unheard of) and the next thing you know they're finding files on there that you never knew existed and the following morning your enjoying your breakfast in an 8' x 6' with Gary Glitter as your roommate.

If you do decide to buy new, unless anyone has a bad experience to report (which I'd be interested to hear because I'm in the market for a new laptop myself and was considering buying from there), you might want to take a look at the shop opposite Foodland which I think is called Wattana. I've only ever bought things like modems and dvd drives from there but the service has always been good and if I've ever had any problems they've always been very helpful at sorting them out. They have a reasonable selection. Not too sure how their pricing compares with Tuk Com, but I find I get a bit overwhelmed with the selection at Tuk Com and end up walking out empty handed.

Cash convertors,,,,,

like i said before....if at cash convertors the price is 10000 ,i guarantee you that the same new one will cost about 2 or 3thousend bath more...

and you'll have your guarantee,and not for only 30 days.

I mean cash convertors is s pawnshop,if your machine breaks....what happends then??they send it to the factory and you need to wait until....2 or 3 months?

they give your money back then???

Don't buy a laptop there!!

And dont buy at big c or tesco lotus,their service us bad!!!

Best thing to do is going to tucom and look around.

atleast if it doesnt work wheb you come home you can go back and they even will give a new if they can't resolve it.

peacewhistling.gif

i have bought a few laptops at cash convertors

i bought them because they were so cheap i could not resist buying them

i usually had fun sorting them out and sold them at a profit on TV classifieds

only one i had a problem with and after giving it their technician, they declared it dead after 4 days and gave me my money back

they are not a pawn shop but do offer a pawn service if you want it

its clear from your response that you have never bought anything there and are just scare mongering

i have always found them to be very professional

and no i do not work for them, the guvnors not my pal , the (fill in the blanks) jeeeeezzzzz...........

I agree with all the above - buy a new one. If you buy a second hand one and it costs you 8K you'll probably get a new one with double the spec and half the problems for 12K.

Perhaps more importantly is what kind of extra baggage are you getting with the 2nd hand laptop? Who knows what bugs or viruses may lurk within, or worse. Maybe one day you're off on an overseas trip with your 2nd hand laptop - because you're coming from Thailand the customs department at the other end decide to take a look at the contents of your laptop (not unheard of) and the next thing you know they're finding files on there that you never knew existed and the following morning your enjoying your breakfast in an 8' x 6' with Gary Glitter as your roommate.

If you do decide to buy new, unless anyone has a bad experience to report (which I'd be interested to hear because I'm in the market for a new laptop myself and was considering buying from there), you might want to take a look at the shop opposite Foodland which I think is called Wattana. I've only ever bought things like modems and dvd drives from there but the service has always been good and if I've ever had any problems they've always been very helpful at sorting them out. They have a reasonable selection. Not too sure how their pricing compares with Tuk Com, but I find I get a bit overwhelmed with the selection at Tuk Com and end up walking out empty handed.

Wattana are great

at least you know they will be there if you have a problem

some of the shops in Tukcom open and close with the chnaging of the seasons.........