Phuket Police To Crack Down On 'Vagabond Ladyboys'

webfact

Another ting they need crack down on is 2 and 2 women that goes home with guys and drug them to sleep and steal some or mutch of the money the guy have, the stuff they use lock away memory ,so guys dont remember if spent the money or if its stolen.

"[These crimes] will destroy our image among tourists and we are trying to stop them by taking records. It seems to be working very well," Col Arayapan added.

:cheesy:

Yes, you must uphold the sterling image of Phuket.

Another case that is common is when an unsuspecting tourist wakes up after sleeping with a ladyboy to discover he's been robbed – or he wakes up and realizes he has no money to pay for the "services" of the ladyboy and a fight breaks out, Col Arayapan said.

Time for the cops to jump in, arrest the poor lad to see how much he's got on his bank account. Haazip Haazip.....

P.S. Can't they wake up before sleeping with a lady-boy? :jap::lol::lol::lol:

"To help deter them, police have begun fining unemployed ladyboys 300 to 500 baht for loitering and warning them of the consequences of crime."

how do they know they are not working? For what they do working does look a lot like loitering. No law against being self employed is there? :o

It's only a pity if you're sick enough in the head to be into ladyboys.

For once the authorities are doing something right. Who in their right mind would marry a ladyboy anyway?

It's a pity to hear that. Most of the tourists visiting Patong and Bangla's road outlets travel there to enjoy the diversity of the place, and many fall genuinely in love with the lovely night creatures, some even get married. All these cracks donwn are not sending out positive message to the future loving couples.

"[These crimes] will destroy our image among tourists and we are trying to stop them by taking records. It seems to be working very well," Col Arayapan added.

:cheesy:

Yes, you must uphold the sterling image of Phuket.

Phuket is Las Vegas on steroids, Bangkok ain't no slouch either in this dept. Perhaps that's why the makers of

the "Hangover" series filmed their latest offering in Bangkok.

At the top of the page of this article are "Self Defense Tips." I have one; if you don't want to get robbed, mugged, scammed or beaten up, don't come to Thailand.

I come to Thailand and live here never happened to me. Whats your problem, to drunk to know whats going on.

Thats a shame about the crackdown...In a past life I enjoyed egging them on to chase me on my nightly ride back from Patong to Chalong....Karon is full of them and they ride around 3 on a bike.... and once you get a chase on, its quite a thrill going through those hairpin bends through Kata and over the big Buddha hill....kinda makes the ride home quicker and more fun knowing your well and truly screwed if you get caught. rolleyes.gif

Edited by snamos

At the top of the page of this article are "Self Defense Tips." I have one; if you don't want to get robbed, mugged, scammed or beaten up, don't come to Thailand.

Your comment really makes no sense

I have no idea what you are talking about? I have come to Thailand many years and never i had these problems.

Anyway maybe it is also the place where you are going and the people you deal with it

Thailand offers much more than the darker side of society. These problems are probably 100 fold in this persons birth country.

Edited by LivinginKata
flame removed

For once the authorities are doing something right. Who in their right mind would marry a ladyboy anyway?

It's a pity to hear that. Most of the tourists visiting Patong and Bangla's road outlets travel there to enjoy the diversity of the place, and many fall genuinely in love with the lovely night creatures, some even get married. All these cracks donwn are not sending out positive message to the future loving couples.

Hey Sausage Obviously you are oblivious to everyone has the right to love whom ever they want to love. You seem quite a Homophobic man. which means you probably have some awesome fantasies eh? laugh.gif

Edited by MILT

Your comment really makes no sense

I have no idea what you are talking about? I have come to Thailand many years and never i had these problems.

Anyway maybe it is also the place where you are going and the people you deal with it

Good reply.

if you look long enough you will find

"robbed, mugged, scammed or beaten up" stories for every country in the world.

I have only had one fight since being here, that was several years back in Khaosan road. I was sitting quietly chatting with a friend when two katoeys approached and tried to get my attention. When i told them, rather emphatically, to go away, they attacked me.

As I was dealing with the second one the police arrived and grabbed me, things looked bad for me as katoey number one was already floored. Fortunately a group of about 10 Thai students who had watched the entire thing came forward and explained the true events to the police officers. So the katoeys were loaded up and driven off.

The next day they were both back in business again.

STOP those ridicilous drug tests and raids on bars and discoteques in Thailand...what the hell are the authorities doing???

The war against drugs is lost all over the world and the war itself is a tremendous harm to society...so stop treating drug addicts and occational users as criminals ... and do like they do in Holland, Czeckia, Portugal and other couinties and decriminalize all drugs...THEN the use of it will go DOWN! Yes down!

Time for a <deleted> reality check. Are the lady-bhoys of Thailand really that bad?

Are they worse than the hookers in Prague who swarm you telling you how nice you are whilst picking your (or trying to pick your pockets).

Are they worse than the drug sellers and pimps who accost tourists and pick their pockets in Amsterdam?

Are females less safe in Thailand than traveling alone in India?

Would you be safer in Brazil in the middle of a drug war?

What about visiting South Africa where you cannot leave your hotel at night for fear of a knife (or gun ) assault.

No my friends Thailand is not utopia --- neither is it the worst place on the planet even with the ubiquitous ladybhoys.:jap:

What if I am? What's wrong with being homophobic? Could be worse, could be Hetrophobic. But it's not really Homophobia anyway. Ladyboys tend to be loud, brash, aggressive and have far too much to say for themselves. I have never even heard of any farang who's been dating a ladyboy. Most of them are trouble and are generally looked down on by Thai society, and rightly so.

I used to work with my band playing music in Patong. There was a young English guy who owned a bar near where I worked. He had one ladyboy who worked in his bar, but hadn't had the snip yet. I came back a year later and the ladyboy had cut his hair short, was dressing like a man and told me that being a gay man was enough for him. He'd calmed right down and got a realistic approach to life. I had so much respect for him, especially as a large percentage of ladyboys regret the op and end up committing suicide.

I have never seen a middle-aged ladyboy. Mmmm, I wonder why.

Hey Sausage Obviously you are oblivious to everyone has the right to love whom ever they want to love. You seem quite a Homophobic man. which means you probably have some awesome fantasies eh? laugh.gif

...yes but so far nobody has reported female freelancers of violently robbing people. These transsexuals are not necessarily prostitutes either. Thats just a front. They are street robbers. Vagabond can mean drifter. These Ladyboys are not connected to bars.

If you visit any of the foreigner friendly entertainment zones in Thailand late at night and you will see groups of 3-4 Ladyboys praying on drunk guys. i've seen many violent incidents involving stiletto heels and knifes. When things go wrong, attaches happen quickly and effectively. I've seen this in both Bangkok patpong, Nana and beach road Pattaya.

The Police doing something about this is a good thing, its not discrimination as you suggest.

Violent street robbery is unusual in Thailand. I for one am glad to see the authorities doing something about it.

My we do hang out in nice areas ????;)

Indeed one would have to be sick in the head to marry a transvestite. It would be illegal here also. "...many fall genuinely in love with the lovely night creatures, some even get married." :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I would really enjoy to have one or more ladyboys try and pick my wallet or try and steal something. Kicking a ladyboy's arse might be fun. Too many of them have become parasites.

Be careful now. Once I was in Koh Samui and a drunk Australian really went off on a khatoey and the khatoey was trained in kick boxing and beat the crap out of the Australian to the point where he had to be hospitalized. I saw the whole thing.

a thai female working as a prostitute is a FREELANCER, a transexual working as a prostitute is a vagabond...

AMmAZzINg thailand

Evidently you do not know the difference between a noun and an adjective. A vagabond is someone who works in no fixed place so the word is being accurately used to describe the lifestyle. Even if you called these ladyboys vagabonds it would not be an insult. Ok, so let's switch it around and say "vagabond girls" and "freelancer transexuals." The vagabond girls while some of them are rip-offs have not developed a notorious reputation for wandering around assaulting and robbing people.

Thats a shame about the crackdown...In a past life I enjoyed egging them on to chase me on my nightly ride back from Patong to Chalong....Karon is full of them and they ride around 3 on a bike.... and once you get a chase on, its quite a thrill going through those hairpin bends through Kata and over the big Buddha hill....kinda makes the ride home quicker and more fun knowing your well and truly screwed if you get caught. rolleyes.gif

Sounds like fun..never thought of doing that.

I would really enjoy to have one or more ladyboys try and pick my wallet or try and steal something. Kicking a ladyboy's arse might be fun. Too many of them have become parasites.

Be careful now. Once I was in Koh Samui and a drunk Australian really went off on a khatoey and the khatoey was trained in kick boxing and beat the crap out of the Australian to the point where he had to be hospitalized. I saw the whole thing.

I witnessed the same thing in 2nd Rd Pattaya one night and it also was a fellow Aussie who was beaten and stabbed, however I think he deserved it as he was drunk and abusive.

I witnessed the same thing in 2nd Rd Pattaya one night and it also was a fellow Aussie who was beaten and stabbed, however I think he deserved it as he was drunk and abusive.

The Aussie on Koh Samui deserved what he got too. The khatoey was minding his/her own business when the Aussie (who had just vomited all over the bar) began to verbally harass and abuse the khatoey to no end.

a thai female working as a prostitute is a FREELANCER, a transexual working as a prostitute is a vagabond...

AMmAZzINg thailand

Evidently you do not know the difference between a noun and an adjective. A vagabond is someone who works in no fixed place so the word is being accurately used to describe the lifestyle. Even if you called these ladyboys vagabonds it would not be an insult. Ok, so let's switch it around and say "vagabond girls" and "freelancer transexuals." The vagabond girls while some of them are rip-offs have not developed a notorious reputation for wandering around assaulting and robbing people.

Seems Elton John is also an authority on the subject

And can you feel the love tonight?

It is where we are

It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer

That we got this far

And can you feel the love tonight

How it's laid to rest?

It's enough to make kings and vagabonds

Believe the very best

feel the love indeed B)

STOP those ridicilous drug tests and raids on bars and discoteques in Thailand...what the hell are the authorities doing???

The war against drugs is lost all over the world and the war itself is a tremendous harm to society...so stop treating drug addicts and occational users as criminals ... and do like they do in Holland, Czeckia, Portugal and other couinties and decriminalize all drugs...THEN the use of it will go DOWN! Yes down!

Actually you are the one with a ridiculous position. You want yaba decriminalized? Would you make other dangerous toxic poisons available too? How about a glue sniffing venue?

The only way to identify the yaba addicted criminals in this population segment is if they are drug tested. Sometimes the intervention saves the addict's life. These poor souls have a limited shelf life once the yaba addiction takes hold. Once addicted, its a rapid descent into the deepest most painful recesses of misery. The mandatory drug testing is a lifeline for some of these people and it gets them out of a viscious cycle. If you have a chance, take a good look at some of the older kathoey meth heads. The ones that are 25 and look 35 or 40. The bad skin under the layer of makeup, the bad teeth, the bruises and the sores. The men that bed down these walking disease reservoirs get more than just a pseudo girl with a penis: They get a veritable buffet of infectious diseases. Drug addicted kathoeys are not just a crime issue, they are a public health issue. Do you udnerstand that this segment of kathoys is a demographic least likely to seek medical assistance when they are ill? The public health system is nto user friendly and the private health care system discriminates against them. The only way to get them medical care is to force it on them via the drug sweeps.