Motorcycle Color Change

There have been a couple of posts on here about changing motorcycle color. I purchased a new 2010 Kawasaki Er6n (registered 2009). I did not particularly care for either color option, green or black, but I took black. The 2011 models had a red option. I have always preferred a red motorcycle, so I swapped out all colored parts and now have a red motorcycle. If I recall, there were seven plastic parts, the gas tank and a decal set at a cost of 10,300 baht (with the 10% parts discount). The shop threw in the labor.

Today, I finally got around to changing the green book. Now frankly, unless you are planning to sell the bike, I see no real need to make this change (nobody has ever asked to see my green book), but I did it anyway. I went to the transportation department with green book, my driver license, before and after pictures (to help me communicate) and the receipt for the colored parts. They wanted my passport, but I just told them I didn’t have it so they settled for the license. They inspected the bike and processed the paperwork. It cost 215 baht and took less than 30 minutes. Pretty painless.

Oh, and by the way, I noticed an immediate 10% performance gain simply by changing the color from black to red. I highly recommend this DIY performance mod (NOTE: Performance is only enhanced when going to the color red. There are no performance gains with other colors.)