Metered Taxi?

staggerlee

I know they wouldn't want to turn my money down, but I want to know how much is a reasonable amount. I've seen the limos and minivans that you can rent for 500 or 800 baht,which might be a good deal if you have a car full of people. But I'm by myself and only going a little ways away from the airport to Hat Mai Khao. I haven't seen metered taxis and was wondering if they are there, and I could just ask him to turn the meter on, and go to Hat Mai Khao. Or do I need to walk out of the airport furthur down to get a metered taxi?

Walk out of the terminal and across the car-park. They are located next to the exit.

There is a 100 baht surcharge on top of the meter fare.

And they are much cheaper than the limos and take you directly where you want to go.

If I was to get a limo home from the airport it costs me 400 baht, the meter taxi costs roughly 300 baht for the same trip

• 5 months later...
Walk out of the terminal and across the car-park. They are located next to the exit.

And they are much cheaper than the limos and take you directly where you want to go.

If I was to get a limo home from the airport it costs me 400 baht, the meter taxi costs roughly 300 baht for the same trip

Taxi still cheaper than Bus in 2006? 300 baht to Patong?

Thanks.

many taxis at the airport yesterday when I was there. About 100 meters outside the main terminal, easy to spot. Of course the bus is cheaper for those going to patong (150 baht) or Phuket town (about 50 baht), excellent service with the buses and taxis. Service on tuk tuks and pricing on

tuk tuks varies, so I avoid them unless I know the driver.

Taxi still cheaper than Bus in 2006? 300 baht to Patong?

Thanks.