The New Hilton

deejah

ok get this

the mall goes up to floor 6 or floor 7 and the next level is the hilton which is floor 15

for some reason (i have a good guess why) they decided to skip 7 through 14 (pretty arbitrary)!!!!

i really do not think it is possible to insert floors at a later stage like in text in MS word! :blink:

but hey you never know!

this is a first for me ever

many 'THAI' and TIT stories about this place

Did you go outside and count the floors...there is a building in Melbourne that goes a very long way between floor 5 and floor 6...about 5 floors. It was occupied by a Government Security org.

In this case it will be the Thai Ministry of Misinformation.......

Did you go outside and count the floors...there is a building in Melbourne that goes a very long way between floor 5 and floor 6...about 5 floors. It was occupied by a Government Security org.

In this case it will be the Thai Ministry of Misinformation.......

TOT wouold need the whole building

Do the first 6 floors have double-height cielings?

I am certainly no expert but I think handydog has it right. These mall floors are well overheight compared to most high rise buildings. When you book a Hilton room (or any hotel) people often precieve the higher floors are more expensive with a better view - in this case Pattaya Bay. All things being equal other high rise hotels in Pattaya would have an advantage so I think the Hilton leveled the playing field. Even firefighters do a rough calcuation of 10 feet per floor when determining things like water pressure reduction rather than set up a laser transit. But I think the bottom line is it is marketing by Hilton.

I've been wrong before!!!!

the hilton hotel lobby is labelled floor 7 on the shopping mall lift

this is as far as you can go from the shopping mall

you have to walk from the shopping mall lift exit to the hilton lobby area to access the further hilton guest only floors

obviously there is security personnnel stationed here so you have to be a hilton guest to go any further up

this is labelled as floor 16 hotel lobby in the hilton hotel lifts

why would you imagine they would allow hoards of curious tourists or thieves to directly access the guest floors from the shopping mall?

• 2 weeks later...

the hilton hotel lobby is labelled floor 7 on the shopping mall lift

this is as far as you can go from the shopping mall

you have to walk from the shopping mall lift exit to the hilton lobby area to access the further hilton guest only floors

obviously there is security personnnel stationed here so you have to be a hilton guest to go any further up

this is labelled as floor 16 hotel lobby in the hilton hotel lifts

why would you imagine they would allow hoards of curious tourists or thieves to directly access the guest floors from the shopping mall?

You're right, I've been there, and the Hilton lobby and Bar/Pool etc is on level 7, not 15.

I think the Hilton is a really well designed hotel. The interior public spaces I have seen are all clean, cool, functional & well-kept. But, that's not gonna get me back there for the Friday seafood lunch buffet, now that it's been raised from 300 to 400 baht pp (why did the food taste better when it was 300 baht...?). Real nice place, though. The Edge restaurant is a super place for lunch or dinner; amazing views, good service and comfortable seating.

B)