Gonzo

meithai

HERE I IZZZ

Gee I didn't think that there were so many people that cared, or that did survive the poison.

Thanks all for all the prayers, thoughts and good wishes.

I escaped Tuesday, and will be making daily visits to Lanna Hosp for a few days yet

Will write more later.....

I thought I checked in but I didn't see or expect this thread.

Nothing terminal, at least not yet

Thanks again for the warm fuzzy feeling inside gang.

Gonzo

:wai:

HERE I IZZZ

Gee I didn't think that there were so many people that cared, or that did survive the poison.

I escaped Tuesday, and will be making daily visits to Lanna Hosp for a few days yet

Gonzo

Good to hear you are up and about.

Kevin

HERE I IZZZ

Gonzo

We are glad you are back home speedy recovery

To all my friends out there, many of whom I have met, as well as those who I have not, that did take the time to post their well wishes, i would like to offer my deepest and sincere thank you.

As I mentioned in an earlier reply, it was not something that was life threatening , but could have developed into something

Having been told that I am a diabetic was not really shocking, as it seems to run in the family. But it does mean that one should take a little better care of oneself.

Not being the most mobile of persons, I started to notice a swelling in my legs.....which evolved to leaking water.....which evolved to water blisters....which evolved into a deep tissue infection that required being hospitalized.

The large dosage of antibiotics and some attempted rest,apparently did the trick as now things are getting back pretty much to normal.......With the exception of a very painful right ankle and foot. Thank goodness for the pain killers which tend to keep me a little more goofy than normal. But hopefully this too will pass.

Again , to all of you who did post, a really big THANK YOU from my heart.

Gonzo

I have been diabetic for more than 10 years, I don't think it is reversible.. :huh:

When I first became diabetic, it was near impossible to get info from the internet. That has changed enormously :)

I have been diabetic for more than 10 years, I don't think it is reversible.. :huh:

When I first became diabetic, it was near impossible to get info from the internet. That has changed enormously :)

Welcome back Gonzo

I to was recently diagnosed with Diabetes to the best of my knowledge it will be with me until the end of my days but with a proper diet I can control it even the semi proper one I use is a big help.

As stated there is a lot of information on the internet. A lot of it was counter to the previous one. One web site said most fruits were good another said that is the worst kind of sugar you can get. One said watermelon was good another said it was not one of the better fruits. I finally figured it out I could find what ever I wanted to believe on the internet. I just cut way back on sugars no more chocolate or little cans of coffee and the like. Thank heaven or where ever for Pepsi Max. Now if I could cut back on french fries it would be great.

I am not saying there is not a good oine but my search did not find it.

all the best to you.

To all my friends out there, many of whom I have met, as well as those who I have not, that did take the time to post their well wishes, i would like to offer my deepest and sincere thank you.

As I mentioned in an earlier reply, it was not something that was life threatening , but could have developed into something

Having been told that I am a diabetic was not really shocking, as it seems to run in the family. But it does mean that one should take a little better care of oneself.

Not being the most mobile of persons, I started to notice a swelling in my legs.....which evolved to leaking water.....which evolved to water blisters....which evolved into a deep tissue infection that required being hospitalized.

The large dosage of antibiotics and some attempted rest,apparently did the trick as now things are getting back pretty much to normal.......With the exception of a very painful right ankle and foot. Thank goodness for the pain killers which tend to keep me a little more goofy than normal. But hopefully this too will pass.

Again , to all of you who did post, a really big THANK YOU from my heart.

Gonzo

Glad to hear it is not life threatening.

I'm sure that you will get on top of it.

All the best

Kevin

Yes, speaking of good food - I enjoyed a nice breakfast at Pun-Pun today, and the eggs and potatoes were just as authentic and delicious as ever. Onions for crunch and flavor. And without knowing the direction of recent contributions, I took my (wonderful) coffee black while skipping sausage or ham. Add lettuce, cuke slice or two, touch of tomato. Discount for being ThVi member. Some things seem to never change or just get better. Hope you follow your own example, Mr. J.G.

I'm not diabetic but I've seen many cases on the Biggest Loser where many contestant are obese and have diabetes. Some of them no longer needing his diabetes medication but I'm not sure if this is called cured or reversible if they start the sugar binge.

This is one of the case from Australia

http://biggestloserclub.com.au/profile-sean.html

For what its worth my Dad died recently aged 88 having been (seriously) diabetic for more than 50 years ! So although it IS life changing it need'nt be life threatening.He had to self administer insulin twice daily so his condition was quite acute .His death by the way was totally unrelated to diabetes and indeed up until the last few months he looked and acted like a man 20 years younger.Lost count of the number of lady admirers he had lol. Although that last point isnt compulsary to YOUR diabetic lifestyle I hope it gives you some small encouragement . A s others have said here though you are'nt in the best business for calorie control :whistling: . Good luck and stay well.

Indeed, lower legs and feet need extra care, peripheral nerve damage is common.

Looking forward to seeing you at the gym plus your new healthy menuwink.gif

Keep well.

Welcome back Gonzo

I to was recently diagnosed with Diabetes to the best of my knowledge it will be with me until the end of my days but with a proper diet I can control it even the semi proper one I use is a big help.

As stated there is a lot of information on the internet. A lot of it was counter to the previous one. One web site said most fruits were good another said that is the worst kind of sugar you can get. One said watermelon was good another said it was not one of the better fruits. I finally figured it out I could find what ever I wanted to believe on the internet. I just cut way back on sugars no more chocolate or little cans of coffee and the like. Thank heaven or where ever for Pepsi Max. Now if I could cut back on french fries it would be great.

I am not saying there is not a good oine but my search did not find it.

all the best to you.

I think what they are telling you is to balance your carbs,,, I eat anything, just a lot less :)

For those of us fortunate enough to have both diabetes and an Android phone ( :ph34r: ) there's a free app in Android Marke which is pretty nifty called 'OnTrack'. You can track all sorts of stuff with graphs and trends.