Samui - Need To Do Border Run..

Hi,

I've never done this before - I usually go home after 90 days. I've got a 3 entry 60 day tourist visa, and I've extended it by 30 days here in Samui... those 30 days are nearly up...

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Everytime I go into a tourist office here I get different views!

:rolleyes:

If you have a triple-entry tourist visa...then you simply have to do a "border run"...which means going to the hearest border (make sure they stamp you out of Thailand), enter another country (you will need a visa for that country, but you can usually get it on entry, but it may cost you for that country's visa);then turning around, and crossing back into Thailand to activete your 2nd entry. That will give you another 60 days...and you can extend that for anther 30 days like you did with your first stay.

Be sure that when you re-enter Thailand they see your triple-entry tourist visa...so they stamp you correctly with the 60 days and not just the 15 days for a normal land border crossing.

I'm not familiar with Samui so I can't say which would be best for you. I know here in Bangko it's possible to do a "border run" to Cambodia in one day. Yu leave from bangkok early in the morining and return that evening by a mini-bus. I'm sure you can find something similar in Samui. I would guess Malaysia or Burma would be the closest for you, but I've never done a "border run" through either of those places.

Anyhow, I'm sure there will be others on this forum who can tell you which one they think is right for your case.

Now all you have to decide is which Thai border you wish to use to exit and return through.

Just get it done before the 30 day exension runs out.

:rolleyes:

Edited by IMA_FARANG