• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Wire Transfer

The new wire transfer rules are getting utterly ridicules

I wanted to send $30k to my family in Switzerland and I haveto provide so many document, my passport, work permit, recipient passport, thelife story, etc. etc.

It is just getting very hard to do business or just normalthing, just because US government is getting very paranoid about any money thatgets transferred, they are just trying to control what goes on and me as anAmerican totally disappointed. Is there any bank in Thailand which don’t careabout all this ridicules banking rule that US government keep putting in place

I feel for you man.

It is getting to the point where you have to sell your soul do do anything with Thai banks here.

I recently lost my Bangkok Bank ATM card in an ATM machine, walked accross the street to one of their offices and was told, No work permit, no account.

Thailand will let money flow into the country with a big smile and open arms, but severely restricts outflow with a smirk and firm grasp on the money. Bank of Thailand rules, which all Thai banks must follow, ensure the inbound flow is pretty much unrestricted and the outbound flow is controlled by a high dam of rules/restrictions. TIT.

I feel for you man.

It is getting to the point where you have to sell your soul do do anything with Thai banks here.

I recently lost my Bangkok Bank ATM card in an ATM machine, walked accross the street to one of their offices and was told, No work permit, no account.

?????? But you already have a Bangkok Bank account; otherwise, you wouldn't have the ATM card (the one you lost/left in the machine).

Having a work permit is one of the things that easily allows opening of a new account, but a long term visa/showing you live in Thailand for a good portion of the year works also. Now if you are on a tourist/short stay type visa then it going to vary from bank-to-bank, branch-to-branch as to how receptive they are in opening an account.

I feel for you man.

Unfortunately the regulations of the Bank do get misstated by staff from time to time. However the Website, plus publications available at the Branch are clear as to what is required to open accounts, regardless of whether the customer has a work permit or is here for a short or longer period of time.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/Personal%20Banking/Foreign%20Customers/Pages/Opening%20an%20account%20new.aspx

Not sure why you would be declined a replacement card. The account was already open.