Chinese Conversational Lessons

zyva

Hi. I am a Singaporean who is visiting Phuket frequently (cos of my commitment here) . I would like to provide Chinese Conversational lessons to interested people. I just like to know if there is a market for Chinese conversational lessons and at the same time, make some tourist and local friends. :). I guarantee you will be able to converse somewhat proficiently after each lesson.

The takeaways for the lessons will be

1) Able to remember and use commonly used phases

2) Practice in a context of your choice (social, casual, business...etc)

3) Notes and tips

4) My personal email that you can use to ask me further questions

As an introduction to my lessons, I will charge only 500Thb for a 1.5 hour session. I will be available for lessons from 24th to 29th, location in Chern Talay and the lessons will be held in a cafe next to a swimming pool. If you are interested, please leave me a reply. *email edited out*

Thanks! Looking forward to hear from you!

Edited by Scott
email edited out

me think, scott should say a little more to the poster....

he'll probably be spending his vacation time in some secluded but safe environ.....

such as.... rong-puck.... police station....

trying to pickup extra cash without being properly licensed....

ok, if you say so.... he can also pay tea money.... B)

Mandarin or Cantonese ?? Being from Singapore, I would expect Mandarin, but my understanding is, that the dialect is different, and includes a number of Malay words. So, which language are you proposing to teach ??

Mandarin or Cantonese ?? Being from Singapore, I would expect Mandarin, but my understanding is, that the dialect is different, and includes a number of Malay words. So, which language are you proposing to teach ??

sorry....

many s'porean speak.... Hock Gian instead....

mandarin is distinctively different from cantonese both in pronunciation and tonation....

if you aren't grow up in chinese multilingual family environ....

it is not that easy to master.... mainland chinese, mandarin, hock gian, cantonese, huck ka, tae chew and others....

wanna give any one a try....?

just rent a oriental movie.... and see.... :) enjoy.... and cheers.... :jap:

I am not responding to the legality of his proposed endeavor because he didn't ask for legal advice. The OP will be in Phuket because of his commitments. He may well be aware of the laws in Thailand and if not, they are covered in the sub-forum.

What and how he proceeds with his employment prospects is up to him and whomever employs him.

Well thanks for all your replies.

To answer some of your questions:

1) I'm teaching Mandarin, not Cantonese or Hokkien.

2) Yes I'm well aware of the legal system here due to my commitments in Thailand. Thanks for your concern.

Judging from responses I think I won't get much interest here. Oh well, at least there's the sun and the beach... praying hard for the rain clouds to go away for that few days.

Well thanks for all your replies.

To answer some of your questions:

1) I'm teaching Mandarin, not Cantonese or Hokkien.

2) Yes I'm well aware of the legal system here due to my commitments in Thailand. Thanks for your concern.

Judging from responses I think I won't get much interest here. Oh well, at least there's the sun and the beach... praying hard for the rain clouds to go away for that few days.

do no wish to discourage you nor your desire to impart chinese....

try to put up a small sign at where you stay and around hotels....

better yet, talk to some larger hotel managers or md....

some might have the need to upgrade their existing stuff proficiency....

perhaps in exchange for free room and meals.... won't be a bad idea, would it? good luck, have load of fun and cheers :D