Requirements For Farang Birth (No Thai Parents)

Hi,

My wife and I are having a baby in August in Thailand. We are both Americans in our 30's and both have Non-Immigrant B visas.

I know that we'll have to go to the American Embassy in Bangkok to file for a CRBA and passport. I am wondering, however, if there are any requirements on the Thai side. Do we need to register the child somehow or get a visa? Where can I find info on these procedures and costs?

Thanks!

On the baby's first departure from Thailand, make sure you have the Thai birth certificate with you and give yourself a few extra minutes at Immigration on the way out. Nothing difficult just a bit of fiddling to create a record in the immigration computer so that the baby can depart. With your Non-Immigrant "B" visas, you can apply for a Non-Immigrant "O" for the baby while you are overseas if you wish, which can subsequently be extended in Thailand to the same date as your current permission to stay (assuming you and your wife are on annual Extensions). But as mentioned above, as there are no overstay fines for children, the baby could enter on a visa exemption each time and simply overstay.