Golf Lopburi

bolt

Hi guys

I'm travelling up to Lopburi next month and wondering if there's any course in that area,

I've seen online

Narai Hill Golf And Country Club, Lopburi,

Jompol Por Golf Course, Lopburi

anyone played at these courses ? are there any others?

Edited by bolt

In Lop Buri city there is an 18 hole course at a big Army barracks, its called Field Marshal Piboonsongkram Golf course. There are many Army barracks in Lop Buri, so get the right one, I think its near one of those big roundabouts in town.

The course is really a 9 hole layout but somehow they have squeezed 18 into it, you wo'nt need your driver much!.

Its flat and stacks of water, but good cheap golf, cannot comment on current prices but I paid 3 or 4 hundred Baht if I recall.

Has a club house and shop too.

I live 90 Kms north of Narai hills and played about 10 times since it opened, but only once this year. Its easy to find off route 21, well sign posted. Its a big hotel complex and in the winter months is full of golf mad Koreans who seem to have prority, I think they put a big money deposit down.

A nice maturing course now with good views, gets very windy over the plain there. Best to go on a "sleepy day" as a caddy once told me like a Monday. They have a sports day midweek and its full of Thai Police and others , can be be busy then.

Has very good changing facilities and restaurant.

If you have the telephone number from the net best to call up the booking office and ask prices, they are always having some sort of offer on. Its pretty reasonably priced.

If you like walking its a good trek, if not. stacks of buggies for hire.

Big greens and very fast, need to have your putting boots on to get a good score!.