Briton Drowned In Koh Samui Insist Thai Police, So Murder Investigation Is Off

webfact

Horror Film Producer and Biker Drowned Insist Police So Murder Investigation Is Off

By Andrew Drummond

The sister of a Briton, who was declared drowned in a shallow lake on Koh Samui, has expressed disappointment that a second post mortem has concluded her brother drowned and police will NOT now be continuing with a murder investigation.

Eve Deary, 53, from Waverley, Surrey, said that she still believed there may be prima facie evidence to show her brother Kevin Attew was murdered despite the fact that a second post mortem, this time conducted under the supervision of police at the regional headquarters in Surat Thani, again concluded that he died by drowning."

"We want to know how Kevin died. At the moment the signals coming back are confusing. But I have been told that is what to expect," added Mrs. Deary who received the news from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.

The second post mortem conducted by Dr. Nantana Jarunet, of Surat Thani Hospital for an investigation conducted by Lt. Colonel Pongkajong Sukasang, says that Kevin Attew had 150 mls of dirty water in his stomach and lungs. It still concluded he drowned.

But unlike the original post mortem conducted in Koh Samui, the second inquest confirmed two ‘impact marks’ on Mr. Attew’s head and five puncture marks on his back, penetrating 3 mm into the skin, and also bruising on his back and neck. [More...]

Full story: http://www.andrew-drummond.com/view-story.php?sid=412

-- andrew-drummond.com 2011-06-14

footer_n.gif

related topic

Briton Was 'Beaten To Death On Koh Samui - 'He Did Not Drown'

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't trust the Thai police one iota. But then again, if they 'insist'...........

"We want to know how Kevin died. At the moment the signals coming back are confusing. But I have been told that is what to expect," added Mrs. Deary who received the news from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office."

I feel truly sorry for this lady and the family.

the second inquest confirmed two ‘impact marks’ on Mr. Attew’s head and five puncture marks on his back, penetrating 3 mm into the skin, and also bruising on his back and neck

I guess he did drown ............ after being beat unconcous and left for dead.

Kudos to the Police for their excellent detective work in a difficult case!

But unlike the original post mortem conducted in Koh Samui, the second inquest confirmed two ‘impact marks’ on Mr. Attew’s head and five puncture marks on his back, penetrating 3 mm into the skin, and also bruising on his back and neck

are they for real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , i have seen the picture of when they found the body, and NO WAY is this drowning !, ok he may of had some water in his lungs but how can you explain all the other injuries ! ..... this is truly shocking

i think there mayof been a lot of lost face here, so instead og admiting they where wrong, the police insist on calling this a suscide !, or are being heavily paid off

I think most expats in Thailand know that mysterious deaths are part of the risks of living in Thailand, on a par with road accidents, malaria, dengue etc. Integrating with the local community is not a protection, Thais are probably more at risk than expats, it is simply that expats have a higher profile in the media.

I think most expats in Thailand know that mysterious deaths are part of the risks of living in Thailand, on a par with road accidents, malaria, dengue etc. Integrating with the local community is not a protection, Thais are probably more at risk than expats, it is simply that expats have a higher profile in the media.

Non affoga colui che cade in acqua - ma affoga chi male incappa.

• Literal translation: Who falls in water doesn't drown - but who falls badly will.

So the Britton drowned? So it could not be that he was beaten and robbed, and then drowned? After all he has numerous wounds on his back and head as reported. If it was an accidental drowning, he could also have wounds if he fell onto rocks, but not so likely on his back. I say he was murdered in all probability after some robbery or altercation following a disupute.

Anything but have to look for the real culprit(s) when they have no clue who. 'Try to avoid embarrassment, rather than a real search for the truth, that keeps this in the face of the public.'

Sadly they never seem to realize NOT doing the investigations properly, DOES keep it in the publics face longer, and with a much worse reputation for Thailand. Their mindset does exactly the OPPOSITE of what they think it does. And harms tourism more than getting to the bottom of it properly, as is done in most places.

I'd met Kevin a few times.

The last thing I would think is he was a suicidal type. Not hardly.

The public known evidence points to foul play, whether he drowned in the end or not.

My condolences to Eve and his family.

Edited by animatic

If a persons head is held under water long enough they will drown, if they are thrown face down and unconscious in to a lake there is a good

chance that they will drown. Maybe the police should be trying to find out what happened to him and who he was with immediately before he

drowned. Oops that might take some investigation or maybe they already know.

Do you reckon that the Samui and Surat Thani police were colluding? Nah... they wouldn't do that.

The Surat Thani police probably ARE the Koh Samui police in most respects as Koh Samui comes under the jurisdiction of Surat Thani as it is in the Surat Thani province. If you look at the addresses for Koh Samui they will state Surat Thani at the end of it.

The Koh Samui police are probably equivalent's of the village Bobby in leafy Surrey just keeping relative order, and nothing else!!!

I think drowning is the likely cause of death from the report. The coroners report however did not indicate suicide, this was the conclusion of the BIB. They must have come to this conclusion based on the numerous cases of Thai suicides where the victim held his head down under 1 foot of water. It must be a common mode of suicide here in Thailand, I guess.

TIT. I hope his sister finds closure to this issue.

Do you reckon that the Samui and Surat Thani police were colluding? Nah... they wouldn't do that.

The Surat Thani police probably ARE the Koh Samui police in most respects as Koh Samui comes under the jurisdiction of Surat Thani as it is in the Surat Thani province. If you look at the addresses for Koh Samui they will state Surat Thani at the end of it.

The Koh Samui police are probably equivalent's of the village Bobby in leafy Surrey just keeping relative order, and nothing else!!!

Are you serious?

I don't trust the Thai police one iota. But then again, if they 'insist'...........

"We want to know how Kevin died. At the moment the signals coming back are confusing. But I have been told that is what to expect," added Mrs. Deary who received the news from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office."

I feel truly sorry for this lady and the family.

My Heart and Soul go with Mrs. Deary and her family.

I will urge her to hire a private investigator to do the job since the polices give up. It will not cost her arms and legs. Please take my advice and do it. My take and opinion.

Are you serious?

YES!!!

of coarse there would be water inside his body if he was knocked out and nearly dead before being thrown into the water.

Maybe he did die from drowning but i am guessing that someone could be unconsious before being thrown into the lake which is why he could not climb out.

if he did die offically from drowning what happened before he fell into the lake or was thrown into the lake.

just to be fair with the story to move out any question that he hit his head or back on the way down. was there anything sharp that he could have fallen on on the way down.

Just being nutural. Is it possible the marks on his body could have been on the fall on the way down. or are the marks from the angles and the type of marks impossible to be from an accident.

if he had puncher wholes on his back then sounds like he could have been stabbed from behinde.

If stabbed from behinde then i do not think that it was a scrap between mates,

seems like a proffessional hit as the person who would have done it would not want to show his or her face.

in a scenario. for example if someone wanted to kill someone in the lake in the dark. then someone who does not reckonise could get up close stab him in the back then push him in the water to wipe away evidence,

not saying that is what happeneed because i do not know but in thriory someone could do this

This is Tailand and we all know that no proper investigations are ever carried out. Write it off as it was only farang and plenty more are comming to spend thier money. It is a total shame but this is life in Thailand.

It is hard to believe anything the Thai Police say since they are Criminals themselves. The corruption in Thailand is just too deep seeded. Saving face is an Asian charactistic. But it is far better to save money and the hell with saving face.

It is hard to believe anything the Thai Police say since they are Criminals themselves. The corruption in Thailand is just too deep seeded. Saving face is an Asian charactistic. But it is far better to save money and the hell with saving face.

"The corruption in Thailand is just too deep seeded".

I didn't realise that you could grow it!! I just assumed it was something that you commanded when you became a policeman, judge, or immigration officer in Thailand. Just shows you how wrong you can be sometimes!!:lol: