Juicer Oscar 900

sk1max

SK1,

if you don't mind me asking, whats so special about this particular juicer?

I have been thinking about buying one, but if you have any useful info as to why its better than others I would be interested to know

Thanks

TP

SK1,

if you don't mind me asking, whats so special about this particular juicer?

I have been thinking about buying one, but if you have any useful info as to why its better than others I would be interested to know

Thanks

A friend of mine bought one from Aden health food store a few years ago, he uses it regularly without any issues, easy to use and clean, Ban Suan Pak only has a Samson for 16,000 and she's says basically it's rubbish and and a Green Gear for 28,500 YES 28,500 bht, reviews state that it's slow hard to clean and of course, expensive. Aden no longer carries them.

Edited by sk1max

I didn't buy a juicer I got a blender for about 9,000 Baht. I can throw any thing in it with ice cubes if I want it chilled. Because it doesn't separate the pulp from the juice you should add water or ice.

Mine is a cuisinart with a three year guarantee. I got it at Siam on the south side of the moat.

I looked around and found a lot of cheap ones 700 baht to 3,000 Baht. There was two at Makro for 4,000 Baht. I went home and tried to google them and got nothing. Needless to say I did not buy them. I like the one I got it is heavy duty and can crush ice the parts are easily obtainable when the blades wear out or clumsy me drops the container and breaks it.

Bottom line happy juicing.

I have to ask because I read/know that juicers separate the fiber from the juice. OK, the juice has lots of vitamins and minerals; good stuff. But why not just use a food blender or processor and get the fiber and the juice together?

It is easy to do with fruit; I do it in the blender, adding juice to the fruit.

OK, might be hard or impossible with something lemon grass, but most other vegetables and fruits could be pulped and diluted with juices and, voila, FIBER +++

The theory is that pure juice - no fiber - does not have to be digested and - on an empty stomach - the vitamins and minerals pass immediately through the stomach walls and are absorbed by the body in large amounts.

If one uses a blender, instead of a juicer, digesting it uses up a lot of the nutrients before they can be absorbed and is much less nutritious.

I am not saying that it is true, but that is the theory.

• 1 year later...

Juice does contains soluble fibre, as well as all vits and minerals, which is useful to the bodies digestive system where as the whole veg/ fruit wether eaten whole or blended containes unsoluble fibre which does nothing but provides bulk that uses energy to process but with no return. As with all health or alternative stuff, try it to see if it's good for you.

I have a hand juicer, auger type and the juice from it knocks my socks off i.e. it's very enrgising, potent for healing and nutrition, much more than from centrifugal type.

I'm after a hurom hu400 they look the business from the reviews, just heard juicerthailand have them but clicked this link insted as using phone hence bad spelling, honest.

Edited by leafmould

Juice does contains soluble fibre, as well as all vits and minerals, which is useful to the bodies digestive system where as the whole veg/ fruit wether eaten whole or blended containes unsoluble fibre which does nothing but provides bulk that uses energy to process but with no return. As with all health or alternative stuff, try it to see if it's good for you.

I have a hand juicer, auger type and the juice from it knocks my socks off i.e. it's very enrgising, potent for healing and nutrition, much more than from centrifugal type.

I'm after a hurom hu400 they look the business from the reviews, just heard juicerthailand have them but clicked this link insted as using phone hence bad spelling, honest.

hi leafmold you state that you havean auger hand juicer.can you tell me the make and where you can buy

,also why are you after a hurom hu400 if its so good

just curious and in need of direction about the hand helds

totally agree with you on the centrifigal ones being inferior regarding nutrition healing etc

Juice does contains soluble fibre, as well as all vits and minerals, which is useful to the bodies digestive system where as the whole veg/ fruit wether eaten whole or blended containes unsoluble fibre which does nothing but provides bulk that uses energy to process but with no return.

Makes you wonder why fruit has grown in the form it does, since.........a long time?

Juice does contains soluble fibre, as well as all vits and minerals, which is useful to the bodies digestive system where as the whole veg/ fruit wether eaten whole or blended containes unsoluble fibre which does nothing but provides bulk that uses energy to process but with no return.

Makes you wonder why fruit has grown in the form it does, since.........a long time?

It's called evolution mate. Human beings were once scavengers before we were hunter gatherers, who knows where the future will take us.

Juice does contains soluble fibre, as well as all vits and minerals, which is useful to the bodies idigestive system where as the whole veg/ fruit wether eaten whole or blended containes unsoluble fibre which does nothing but provides bulk that uses energy to process but with no return. As with all health or alternative stuff, try it to see if it's good for you.

hi leafmold you state that you havean auger hand juicer.can you tell me the make and where you can buy

,also why are you after a hurom hu400 if its so good

just curious and in need of direction about the hand helds

totally agree with you on the centrifigal ones being inferior regarding nutrition healing etc

I got a "healthy juicer" from a small stall in tesco lotus in chiang mai the one on super highway north of city. They sell wheatgrass there as well and at wat pan on at walking street too. It cost B1500. It is a plastic one and says its a wheatgrass juicer but can be used for all vegis and fruit. Its not so good for apples as they turn to mush but good for quite alot- cellery carrot parsley, the handle feels a bit flimsy if too much stuff goes in. I have a metal one ew30 or something like that. its Ok for wheat grass but nowt else and cost B6000. I thought metal better than plastic- wrong, tho the guy at aden health foods on nimman ( who can order juicers) has a metal polish one that he says is very good and very strong, cant remember the name but it had a big bowl like feedimg hopper( there is an aden bkk to but not sure where, you'll have to google). Acording to reviews the manual z star is very good for all and around B5000.

As to why a hurom 400? The 400 is latest and best and tho the manuals are fine it takes about an hour to juice a couple o big glasses for me and the misses. Ive learned it is exactly the same as the omega 350 and i think oscar have same as hurom 100. They all are vertical augers rather than horizontal augers and from the utube reviews look exellent, more better quality juice and easier to use and clean than all the others including the twin screws.

There is a version for sale at buono shop in bkk, the buono silent juicer. It looks like a kuvings silent juicer which apparently is very similar but not quite as good.

Edited by leafmould

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also looking for the Hurom 400 but have given up as far as Chiangmai is concerned. I assume you couldn't find one here either. I'm going to look in Bangkok when I'm there next.

• 4 months later...

I'm also looking for the Hurom 400 but have given up as far as Chiangmai is concerned. I assume you couldn't find one here either. I'm going to look in Bangkok when I'm there next.

sorry for belated reply, i just use a phone to surf often and it's a real pain to login on it, also i've been very transient, which is partly why i still havent got a HU400. But i have found 2 in Chaing Mai. one is at the id 68 guest house in santi tham but they got it from a web site and didn't know which (ebay ?) but the other is at airport plaza, top floor food hall, right behind the coupon seller, it's a juice and wheatgrass stall and they use a cheap, lexen single auger for the wheatgrass and a hurom 400 for the "mixed punch" so everyone can see it in action. the owner who apparently is there sometimes can get them for i think 14000 they are called A (not sure gender) and number is 0894534774. Those ones from thai orfanic life look pretty good too

Edited by leafmould

sorry for belated reply, i just use a phone to surf often and it's a real pain to login on it, also i've been very transient, which is partly why i still havent got a HU400. But i have found 2 in Chaing Mai. one is at the id 68 guest house in santi tham but they got it from a web site and didn't know which (ebay ?) but the other is at airport plaza, top floor food hall, right behind the coupon seller, it's a juice and wheatgrass stall and they use a cheap, lexen single auger for the wheatgrass and a hurom 400 for the "mixed punch" so everyone can see it in action. the owner who apparently is there sometimes can get them for i think 14000 they are called A (not sure gender) and number is 0894534774. Those ones from thai orfanic life look pretty good too

This guy used to have them for sale on Thaivisa classifieds as he lived in Bangkok, I don't know if that is still the case I actually bought mine here in my hand luggage a few years ago. Some friends of mine here in CM got a spare part from him for their machine. Maybe you can contact him and he would be able to help.

--damole