Family Pics At Visa Time

Got a friend who has been getting his every year for the last 7 years and they ask EVERY time.

Take one of you and the Mrs together outside the home ideally showing you house number, thats all my mate does. Like Mac has said I guess it really depends on who you get on the day.

Best of luck

Charlie.......(also on Retirement and dont need them)

Edited by CharlieH

Bugger......coupla ploblems with that for me....

We moved house and dont have any pics of this new one.......also house does not have a number on it......thirdly someone stole my camera.....fourthly my computer that I keep the other pics on has shit itself and not start......fifthly my new slr camera has the software loaded onto the broken computer so cannot download any new pics i could have taken today anyway.....sixthly its dark now anyway.....

Up shit creek me thinks as off at 7am tomorrow.

Got some other family pics....just not this house ones....and not all together either.

Cos the camera needs specific software loaded onto your computer to download the pics from the camera.....doubt every camera shop would have it.......but, i shall do that and take along the camera tomorrow......tell them the sad story and see if I can drop off the pics later on in the day after lodging the paperwork.....Korat seems a bit more flexible than some.

Cos the camera needs specific software loaded onto your computer to download the pics from the camera.....doubt every camera shop would have it.......but, i shall do that and take along the camera tomorrow......tell them the sad story and see if I can drop off the pics later on in the day after lodging the paperwork.....Korat seems a bit more flexible than some.

Doesn't the camera use a flash card of some sort to save the photos? Like SD, or some such?

I'm just not familiar with digital SLRs, only the regular small types.

Mac

Doesn't the camera use a flash card of some sort to save the photos? Like SD, or some such?

I'm just not familiar with digital SLRs, only the regular small types.

Mac

Most cameras and any other device with a camera in it will download the pics to a PC without any special software (they just function as an externally attached storage device). They can then be viewed using either Windows or Mac built-in free photo programs. Connect via a USB cable, the storage card, or even Bluetooth.

Bugger......coupla ploblems with that for me....

We moved house and dont have any pics of this new one.......also house does not have a number on it......thirdly someone stole my camera.....fourthly my computer that I keep the other pics on has shit itself and not start......fifthly my new slr camera has the software loaded onto the broken computer so cannot download any new pics i could have taken today anyway.....sixthly its dark now anyway.....

Up shit creek me thinks as off at 7am tomorrow.

Got some other family pics....just not this house ones....and not all together either.

Take the pictures and take the camera with cable to any good or not so good photshop and you will have the pics. Reading the part in bold I thought you might be a troll!

Get a neighbour to take the pictures then download them on a stick.

Well....thing is I have never tried to dowload pics from this camera to a different computer.....it came with canon software for downloading the pics off of this camera....so presume it is specific.

no neighbours either that we know to borrow their camera and my camera has no removable card, all stored inside on its own hd I guess.

Fear not though, I managed to find the original cd from canon, put it onto my laptop and took the pics early this mornin.....only thing was we would not be near any printer until after immigration visit so put them onto a thumb drive and toddled off hoping they would not ask for photos.....I took 4 old photos, but not the specific type they want.

At immigration....they asked for the pics.....said have to have....but I explained my sad sob story and they took the thumbdrive and printed them out themselves there and then......job done.....visa done.....all good and was out of there by 9.45am......90 day n all.

Korat really is a good imm centre thus far, very relaxed and laid back to a certain extent.

Well....thing is I have never tried to dowload pics from this camera to a different computer.....it came with canon software for downloading the pics off of this camera....so presume it is specific.

no neighbours either that we know to borrow their camera and my camera has no removable card, all stored inside on its own hd I guess.

Fear not though, I managed to find the original cd from canon, put it onto my laptop and took the pics early this mornin.....only thing was we would not be near any printer until after immigration visit so put them onto a thumb drive and toddled off hoping they would not ask for photos.....I took 4 old photos, but not the specific type they want.

At immigration....they asked for the pics.....said have to have....but I explained my sad sob story and they took the thumbdrive and printed them out themselves there and then......job done.....visa done.....all good and was out of there by 9.45am......90 day n all.

Korat really is a good imm centre thus far, very relaxed and laid back to a certain extent.

Well, that was certainly nice of the Immigration folks, do hope you gave them a large THANKS. How about a Re-Entry Permit, you get that at the same visit, just in case?

Mac

Well, that was certainly nice of the Immigration folks, do hope you gave them a large THANKS. How about a Re-Entry Permit, you get that at the same visit, just in case?

Mac

I do not get re-entry permits.....I don't exit to re enter.