Canon 300D Battery Needed

I've tried two photography shops and both have not had a battery for my 300D camera. I assumed it would be a common battery that covered many Canon cameras. Should it be easy to find or is it an old type of battery that is no longer used? Or do I need to try different shops? The ones I tried were in Tesco and Carfoure.

Also, how much is a battery likely to be? I see them for around 10 pounds in the Uk.

Thanks.

I come home to Nonthaburi in July. If you would like I can buy one in the US and bring it with me. Let me know and I will order it now as I am offshore. It will go to my companies office and i can grab it on my way to the airport.

I come home to Nonthaburi in July. If you would like I can buy one in the US and bring it with me. Let me know and I will order it now as I am offshore. It will go to my companies office and i can grab it on my way to the airport.

Thank you for the offer, and sorry for my delay in replying. I found a battery today, but priced at 1700 baht. That's about 6 times the price in the Uk. I will be leaving Thailand in a month or so, so will wait until then. I will just make do with my point and shoot for the time being. Thanks again.

e bay is where i got mine as well. in fact i get most gear off e bay cheaper and i dont like paying the extortiante import taxes. only once recently had to pay some tax, that was a pair of shoes!