Thaksin: Pheu Thai To Form Govt With Small Parties; Hopes To Return To Thailand This Nov

webfact

During an interview with Reuters in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates

ra3028360631.jpg

Thailand's former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra poses for a photograph at his residence in Dubai June 16, 2011.

Thaksin's yearning for his homeland is clear at his resplendent white mansion in the upscale Emirates Hills area of Dubai, where he surrounds himself with Thai orchids and at least half a dozen Thai staff.

from later in the interview:

"I'm the man of the people"

and later still:

"I don't have much money left"

Edited by Buchholz

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we could start a TV "whip-around" and collect enough for his airfare home, we should be able to collect enough over the week end to purchase a ticket for Monday or Tuesday of next week - that's of course if he has enough time to pack and get organised in that time.

ra3028360631.jpg

Thailand's former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra poses for a photograph at his residence in Dubai June 16, 2011.

Thaksin's yearning for his homeland is clear at his resplendent white mansion in the upscale Emirates Hills area of Dubai, where he surrounds himself with Thai orchids and at least half a dozen Thai staff.

and later still:

ra3028360631.jpg

and later still:

Come one. Ins't it you people that claim for years that Thaksin is broke, Thaksin is over, even Thaksin is dead ?

Thaksin is a smart guy, during his forced holidays, he made a lot of money for himself and his friends in Thailand

Thaksin can do a lot of things, but you're sure that's two things he will never do : going broke and giving up !

That's why we love him cool.gif

Come one. Ins't it you people that claim for years that Thaksin is broke, Thaksin is over, even Thaksin is dead ?

Thaksin is a smart guy, during his forced holidays, he made a lot of money for himself and his friends in Thailand

Thaksin can do a lot of things, but you're sure that's two things he will never do : going broke and giving up !

Now I better understand the infatuation for Yingluck. All these lovers of Thaksin can reconcile their homophobia by transferring their desires to a heterosexual clone.

Edited by ballpoint

ra3028360631.jpg

and later still:

Come one. Ins't it you people that claim for years that Thaksin is broke

Thaksin is over, even Thaksin is dead ?

That's why we love him

As for broke, my signature line says otherwise.

Just as he always has done, his now reporting 1 billion dollars is under-reporting.

He's far from over and he's not dead.

I would dispute his being smart.

He's not on forced holidays. He's in self-imposed exile, free to return at anytime, even before December.

You're free to love whoever you want. Personally, I'll give him a pass.

He could have picked up something in Dubai like LGV.

and later still:

:)

Thaksin isn't broke. Thaksin cost Thailand billions while in office and billions more with his violent UDD thugs. But you love him .... :)

That he "gave up" is something he announced a couple of times. He told his followers he'd be with them for any government crackdown etc etc etc ....

So what you CAN count on from Thaksin is that he'll lie to get his way, and reflecting upon the war on drugs and 2010's red shirt insurrection ... that he doesn't value human life.

So what you CAN count on from Thaksin is that he'll lie to get his way, and reflecting upon the war on drugs and 2010's red shirt insurrection ... that he doesn't value human life.

That's a good question.

How much do you value the life of a drug dealer ?

How much do you value the life of a drug victim ?

Do you know how many deaths a single drug dealer could be responsible of ?

Obviously for you, if you have to take the side of drug dealers to keep Thaksin at bay, it's no problem

That's where we differ.

That's a good question.

Obviously for you, if you have to take the side of drug dealers to keep Thaksin at bay, it's no problem

That's where we differ.

Nobody took "the side of drug dealers" ---- That is simply a strawman based on a lie.

1) I value the "rule of law" that provides a day in court for anyone suspected of a crime (Thaksin's had his day, twice so far ... and lost twice so far)

2) I value the 1400+ lives of the innocents (people not at all involved in drugs) that were killed by Thaksin's death squads.

3) As a deterrent killing people on the streets isn't effective and the drug problem didn't disappear. They didn't get any of the big fish responsible for the drugs on the streets in Thailand. The price went up and people kept buying. That means more profits for those at the top! ---- could that have been the plan all along? eliminate people not involved in drugs AND increase profits while only sacrificing some street dealers?

(yes I note that you dropped your other fallacious arguments out of your reply)

4) I value ALL human life but will accept that some places including Thailand has the death penalty. Making a person compiling a list judge and jury, and death squads state sanctioned executioners --- well it matches Thaksin's other abuses!

That's a good question.

That's where we differ.

Nobody took "the side of drug dealers" ---- That is simply a strawman based on a lie.

1) I value the "rule of law" that provides a day in court for anyone suspected of a crime (Thaksin's had his day, twice so far ... and lost twice so far)

2) I value the 1400+ lives of the innocents (people not at all involved in drugs) that were killed by Thaksin's death squads.

3) As a deterrent killing people on the streets isn't effective and the drug problem didn't disappear. They didn't get any of the big fish responsible for the drugs on the streets in Thailand. The price went up and people kept buying. That means more profits for those at the top! ---- could that have been the plan all along? eliminate people not involved in drugs AND increase profits while only sacrificing some street dealers?

(yes I note that you dropped your other fallacious arguments out of your reply)

4) I value ALL human life but will accept that some places including Thailand has the death penalty. Making a person compiling a list judge and jury, and death squads state sanctioned executioners --- well it matches Thaksin's other abuses!

excerpt from recent interview...

SPIEGEL: When you were prime minister, you weren't the perfect democrat either. You stand accused of serious human rights violations.

Thaksin: I accept this criticism. We made mistakes, particularly in the war on drugs ...

SPIEGEL: ... during which thousands of people are believed to have been killed.

Thaksin: Perhaps my expectations were too dramatic. I wanted something to happen. I wanted to scare those criminals, to send them a warning.

http://www.oknation.net/blog/black/2011/06/16/entry-1/comment

Killed by Thaksin's death squads? Any evidence for that?

These "innocents" were just wrongly listed in the war on drugs death statistic. They were not involved in any drug trade - true. And their deaths have nothing to do with the war on drug. They were not "victims" of the war on drug, but victims of other crimes.

These "innocents" were just wrongly listed in the war on drugs death statistic. They were not involved in any drug trade - true. And their deaths have nothing to do with the war on drug. They were not "victims" of the war on drug, but victims of other crimes.

Where's your evidence that they weren't in the drug trade? I know of one who was, and he is unfortunately not with us any more. I would call him a victim.

They are dead,

and Thaksin's police squads sent out with quotas to fill,

brought in the bodies. and then noted the mistakes later.

Oh gee sorry, 'they were around drug dealers', they must be drug dealers, oh and that refrigerator in the retired couples kitchen was guilty as hell.

ipso facto.

Edited by animatic

Where's your evidence that they weren't in the drug trade? I know of one who was, and he is unfortunately not with us any more. I would call him a victim.

Some investigation commission found it out.

Of that around 3000 people allegedly killed in war on drugs, around 1500 people had nothing to do with the drug trade. but that doesn't mean that they were killed by Thaksin death squads. There were victims of other crimes and don't belong to the war on drugs related death category. Whoever filed them under death of the war on drugs wanted to exaggerate the number of deaths in the war on drugs.

Around 1500 people killed during that time had something to do with the drug trade. But that doesn't mean that they deserve their death, nor does it mean that they all were killed by Thaksin death squads.

They are dead,

Oh gee sorry, 'they were around drug dealers', they must be drug dealers, oh and that refrigerator in the retired couples kitchen was guilty as hell.

ipso facto.

Sorry, that they are dead isn't the evidence that they were killed by "Thaksin's death squads".

They are dead,

ipso facto.

Sorry, that they are dead isn't the evidence that they were killed by "Thaksin's death squads".

Of course it isn't. But people will deliberately try to misunderstand your point, and spread misinformation even further. Oh well.

Back on topic:

He thinks they will win a landslide but that they will form a coalition government because single party government has proved unsuccessful?

Really? Well for one, if they do win a landslide, they will have all the power they need and any party that wants to join them will do so from a very weak footing so they would have to be very desperate. For two, if they win a landslide and other parties join them, that will leave the country with a tiny opposition. Would that be healthy? Not that i suppose he cares... just wondering.

Thaksin realises he should go back to the format that worked so well for his first government. This includes building as broad a coalition as possible. In the process we may actually see some national reconciliation, something the current government just wasn't (and isn't) able to do.

Thaksin realises he should go back to the format that worked so well for his first government. This includes building as broad a coalition as possible. In the process we may actually see some national reconciliation, something the current government just wasn't (and isn't) able to do.

If you think a government that whitewashes Thaksin of crimes will do a better job than the current one of national reconciliation, i respectfully disagree.