Library Tour

Maybe this is a crazy idea... but has anyone taken their upper mattayom class for a tour of a university library?

My school could easily go to Chula or Thammsart (Sanam Luang Campus)....

Anyone done this or have contacts to ask for a tour from the library staff?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't expect too much from any library here; even at a university. You may be surprised at how dissapointed you would be.

Nielson Hayes library is quite good though; although it is small and a bit outdated it is privately funded and accurately reflects what a real library should be like.

A lot of the international schools go on field trips there, might be up your alley.

Good luck

Payap University in Chiang Mai has a library. There are 4 floors.

First floor:

Multi-Media Center: Students can watch TV, check out videos, or listen to music. Newspapers (English, Thai, Korean and others) are available.

Second floor:

Computer lab and English Learning Enhancement Center (ELEC): For students without a computer there are about 100 computers set up and connected to the internet. Each computer has Windows XP (original license), Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop.

Third Floor:

Thai Books: This floor is set up for anyone looking for books that are in Thai. There are also plenty of tables set up to study. There is also a periodical section with magazines in English and Thai.

Fourth Floor:

English Books: This floor has plenty of English books as well as private study rooms for group study. Like the third floor, there are many tables set up to study here as well.

The entire library, as well as the entire campus, is wireless. Also, all the books are searchable on the computerized card catalog system. I am not aware of any library's in Chiang Mai with a larger collection of English language books.