Reflexology

ThaiPauly

I know that this does not help, but there is an amazing place in Pattaya called Earl's Original Relexology right outside of Walking Street. As far as I know, they are the first ones to open a Reflexology shop in Thailand and it is the real thing that would cost something like $100. per hour in a Western country.

All their employees are well trained and I go there at least once a day when in the Pattaya area.

The bad news is that I have found nothing even close to this in Chiang Mai.

I know that this does not help, but there is an amazing place in Pattaya called Earl's Original Relexology right outside of Walking Street. As far as I know, they are the first ones to open a Reflexology shop in Thailand and it is the real thing that would cost something like $100. per hour in a Western country.

All their employees are well trained and I go there at least once a day when in the Pattaya area.

The bad news is that I have found nothing even close to this in Chiang Mai.

ThaiPauly, to you the same as I responded to Bonstargazer and his so called "reiki master".

"reflexology", "reiki master" or whatever, it is all the same: a (mostly innocent but not always) scam.

So for you the same:

If you allow me to give you an advice: Just take a placebo.

The effect is exactly the same. Another positive effect is that you do NOT throw away your money in the pockets of one of the many charlatans here on this planet. Wake up, get real and spend your (hard earned) money and/or time on something that makes sense.

I don't have that much experience with reflexology but when it comes to things such as yoga, massage, acupuncture etc , there are certainly things that do work.

I have just had a whole load of friends passing through doing courses, trying out places, while on holiday. So if you need some recommendations of what they found to be good just let me know.

PS I have no interest in any of these places.

Actually looking on one of the websites it seems they have reflexology courses so presumably someone who knows what they are doing.

Chiang Mai Reflexology Center on Ratchadamnoen, pretty much right in the middle of the old city. Whether or not you believe in the idea of organ correspondences with spots on the feet, a good foot/lower leg massage can have real therapeutic benefits. The guys here (yes, it's all guys) are the best in town in my opinion. And the foot massages are stick free!

When I was in pain I tried a number of natural therapies, including driving to Mae Taeng every day for a week for a specialized form of massage. The one exception was the American Chiropractor here whom at the time I could not get in contact with. I got some relief through a number of these holistic treatments but nothing fixed the problem - they only eased the pain a little. The only thing that really worked was physical therapy at Rajavej Hospital. They are great there. I don't think the other treatments work. I do believe in Chiropractic medicine but like I said I could net get in contact with the only Chiropractor here at the time. I read that he is now gone from C.M. for one year.

Good luck.

I got some relief through a number of these holistic treatments but nothing fixed the problem - they only eased the pain a little. The only thing that really worked was physical therapy at Rajavej Hospital. They are great there. I don't think the other treatments work. I do believe in Chiropractic medicine but like I said I could net get in contact with the only Chiropractor here at the time.

Some people swear by trigger point therapy, for me it aggravates rather than alleviates muscular pain. Some doubt the efficacy of reflexology, for me it has helped get rid of serious back pain. Some wholeheartedly believe in chiropractic, I never got anything out of my treatments. I was a nationally certified massage therapist in the US & I have experience with many different modalities, from the purely physical to the more far out. In my experience, there is no one modality that is the answer for everyone and for all problems. Healing is not a one-size-fits-all situation. Nor is it a question of going to someone for them to "fix" you. The trick is to find a modality that works for you, at that moment. Listen to the opinions of others, especially those with some expertise. Be wary of people who make outlandish claims, especially if they are also trying to sell you something. But watch out for blanket statements. When it comes to issues of pain & healing, no one can tell you what is categorically true. THey can tell you what is true for them.

I got some relief through a number of these holistic treatments but nothing fixed the problem - they only eased the pain a little. The only thing that really worked was physical therapy at Rajavej Hospital. They are great there. I don't think the other treatments work. I do believe in Chiropractic medicine but like I said I could net get in contact with the only Chiropractor here at the time.

Some people swear by trigger point therapy, for me it aggravates rather than alleviates muscular pain. Some doubt the efficacy of reflexology, for me it has helped get rid of serious back pain. Some wholeheartedly believe in chiropractic, I never got anything out of my treatments. I was a nationally certified massage therapist in the US & I have experience with many different modalities, from the purely physical to the more far out. In my experience, there is no one modality that is the answer for everyone and for all problems. Healing is not a one-size-fits-all situation. Nor is it a question of going to someone for them to "fix" you. The trick is to find a modality that works for you, at that moment. Listen to the opinions of others, especially those with some expertise. Be wary of people who make outlandish claims, especially if they are also trying to sell you something. But watch out for blanket statements. When it comes to issues of pain & healing, no one can tell you what is categorically true. THey can tell you what is true for them.

Well said.

So for you the same:

The effect is exactly the same. Another positive effect is that you do NOT throw away your money in the pockets of one of the many charlatans here on this planet. Wake up, get real and spend your (hard earned) money and/or time on something that makes sense.

You seem to be under the illusion that I am trying to cure something with reflexology. Actually, I enjoy the foot massage very much and it is not expensive in Thailand.

However, if it also happens to have some health benefits too, that is just iceing on the cake. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

So for you the same:

You seem to be under the illusion that I am trying to cure something with reflexology. I enjoy the foot massage very much and it is not expensive in Thailand.

However, if it also happens to have some health benefits too, that is just iceing on the cake. :)

Have to give him some slack. He just woke up two weeks ago not a lot of time to know every thing give him 60 years. He still won't

I have to completly agree with cm das A chiropractor has helped me a lot where as some it dosen't help Acupuncture has done nothing for me but there are those whom it has helped a lot. Just have to keep trying untill you find what is rite for you. I think I will try to find the one in the old city. Not sure where I believe it is the road that turns in to Thai Phai gate. If any one can give a approximate location it would help. It is a long street and I some times walk past some thing and miss it. East or west of Wai Wee coffee. That is if I am on the rite street. Have to check my map if my old eyes can read the fine print.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, Ratchadamnoen is the road that ends at Thapae Gate. From the gate go towards the center of the old city. Pass Wawee on your left. Pass the next 4 way intersection at Phra Poklao Road. Another 50 meters or so and you'll find Chiang Mai Reflexology Center on your right. It's right next to a tailor's & more or less opposite the Writer's Club. If you Google the name, the very first link has a map to show the location.

Yes, Ratchadamnoen is the road that ends at Thapae Gate. From the gate go towards the center of the old city. Pass Wawee on your left. Pass the next 4 way intersection at Phra Poklao Road. Another 50 meters or so and you'll find Chiang Mai Reflexology Center on your right. It's right next to a tailor's & more or less opposite the Writer's Club. If you Google the name, the very first link has a map to show the location.

Thank You

Thank You

Ditto :)

Thank You

They are great!!!... I go there twice a week... They have a couple promotions too... Buy 10 for 1,400 baht or a buy 9 get the 10th one free card...