Taxi Singapore Airport

can anyone tell me how much at taxi would cost from Singapore airport (airasia) to orchard road?

or is there a easy bus connection?

also will

my thai bank cards (not debit cards) work in the atm there?

thanx

rick

Edited by rickthailand

Hi

Try this site http://www.changiairport.com/getting-around/to-and-from-the-airport there are options of taxi, bus, train. We used the train for the trip back from city-airport, good service.

We paid around $20 for taxi, but as taxis are metered the fee will vary with time/traffic.

I thought $20 was reasonable, just luck of the queue we ended up in a big Mercedes, quite a step up from our local tuktuks.

No shortage of ATMs, I would say any Visa/MasterCard would be fine, I had no problems using an NZ-issued Visa.

Hi

Try this site http://www.changiair...rom-the-airport there are options of taxi, bus, train. We used the train for the trip back from city-airport, good service.

We paid around $20 for taxi, but as taxis are metered the fee will vary with time/traffic.

I thought $20 was reasonable, just luck of the queue we ended up in a big Mercedes, quite a step up from our local tuktuks.

No shortage of ATMs, I would say any Visa/MasterCard would be fine, I had no problems using an NZ-issued Visa.

thanks for the link very helpfull

rick

Last time we were in Singapore we stayed on Orchard Road, thought we would give the metro (or the BTS as my other half calls it) it was very easy and quick, there was one change. On the way back we went by bus, which actually stopped outside our hotel, again pretty quick and very cheap, actually enjoyed the bus ride as we saw a bit more of Singapore.

It's worth getting one of the travel cards you load up, we got ours at the airport.

You have a couple of options

You can use the MRT link which will take you into Orchard, think it changes at Dhoby Gaut (I may be mistaken).

For a taxi, would be between $16-$20 give or take. Taxis are really easy to use in Singapore, and the driving standard is far high then the BKK drivers. They also generally know where they are going.

Edited by mrtoad

Never had a problem with taxis in Singapore and usually $S16-18 for the trip to town, After midnight there is a surcharge and entry to the Orchard area is another 1$S.

Last time we stayed at the Ibis on Bencollen. He couldn't find the entrance and made 2 passes before i asked to be let out in the front. meter was 22 and he told me S$18!!!

Their a great source of info and very helpfull

Edited by phuketrichard

you may save a little on taxis - but personally I think Orchard Road itself is the biggest danger as far as your money goes if you are accompanied by partner/wife.

"Oh look, another shoe shop!!'

As well as their reasonable rates, I found the standards of the actual taxis to be very good.

Edited by Atmos

you may save a little on taxis - but personally I think Orchard Road itself is the biggest danger as far as your money goes if you are accompanied by partner/wife.

"Oh look, another shoe shop!!'

As well as their reasonable rates, I found the standards of the actual taxis to be very good.

haha that is why i am going alone!!!

Unless you have lots of heavy baggage and there is a few of you, forget about the taxis. You can get to most places in Singapore by MRT that is faster and cheaper. MRT station is located at the basement of Terminal 2 so you may need to hop on the free sky-train first if you are arriving at different terminal.

If the MRT doesn't quite get you where you want, Singaporeans and the ones who know take MRT to the nearest station to their destination and taxi from there. But the are 3 stations along the Orchard Rd (Dhoby Gaut, Sommerset and Orchard) so you should be able to get pretty close to the hotel. Traveling from the airport (green line) you have to change trains for Orchard (red line) at City Hall interchange but that is a breeze .. just walk onto the other side of the platform.

Taking buses is also good from Orchard to the airport if you want to see more of the city but buses and taxis tend to get stuck in the traffic at busy hours. Enjoy Singapore.

Edited by notime

If time is an issue. Take a taxi. If money is an issue, take the MRT. If you have no issues, take a bus....but it will take a long time before you reach the airport from Orchard Road.