• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Opening Ebay Thailand Account

Hi,

Really need some advice opening a Thai eBay account.

Has anyone on the forum managed this?

If so which bank account does eBay recognize?

I have a K-Bank and Bangkok Bank deposit account with Visa debit but the registration process tells me they are invalid.

My Siam commercial account expires in 2021 - the expire date drop-down option only extends to 2020.

Do eBay require a checking account?

Thanks for any help.

GFL

The Visa cards you are using from the banks will not work on ebay or indeed anywhere on the internet.

You need to ask the banks for cards that will work online, with the Bangkok Bank it is called the B1st card, with the Kasikorn it is called the K-WEB card.

These cards will allow you to register on ebay, open a Paypal account and shop online.

The Visa cards you are using from the banks will not work on ebay or indeed anywhere on the internet.

You need to ask the banks for cards that will work online, with the Bangkok Bank it is called the B1st card, with the Kasikorn it is called the K-WEB card.

These cards will allow you to register on ebay, open a Paypal account and shop online.

Excellent. Thanks Darrendsd.

Excellent. Thanks Darrendsd.

Actually i have read on this forum recently that the cards you have now will work on the net, you have to go to your branch and ask them to activate the card.

I have not tried this myself but other posters are saying it works.

The Bangkok Bank card has a 10 year expiry date so may not help you but the Kasikorn only has a 1 year date so should be ok [i'm talking about the web cards here]

Edited by darrendsd