Acupuncture Available?

pbrane

Hi ho:

I'm trying to talk myself into coming over to thailand to see if it might be a good place for me to "retire." I'm sort of retired here in the states, but no healthcare insurance. So, I try to go the natural/prevention route and have become a health nut. I prefer natural healthcare techniques like acupuncture or ayurveda etc.

I'm wondering how available and how cheap are decent acupuncture treatments? Here, they cost $40 to $60 or more per session (US$). Also, are there herbalists and/or herbs available?

Thank-YOU,

-m

seach the forums for acupuncture threads, I remember one a few months back, guess it depends on where you wanted to live too. We don't have one here but there are a few in Surat Thani (on the mainland) and the one I checked out charged something like 450 baht per session.

I had acupuncture treatment yesterday at Bumrungrad. So far I am very pleased with the result although it was a bit on the expensive side for Thailand. The woman was very competent and took her time to find out what my problem was. I got some meds (celebrex and a muscle relaxant) to augment the acupuncture. The whole thing was 1500 baht - about $35 American. No doubt you can find it cheaper and if anyone has any great recs for this not too far from Thong Lo, I'd love to hear them.

I had no personal recommendations about other acupuncture therapists and without a personal rec, I always go to Bumrungrad for any health related stuff. You pay more there, but every time I have been there, I've been taken care of competently and politely. Even going to Bumrungrad, it's still drastically cheaper than health care in the USA.....

I had acupuncture treatment yesterday at Bumrungrad.  So far I am very pleased with the result although it was a bit on the expensive side for Thailand.  The woman was very competent and took her time to find out what my problem was.  I got some meds (celebrex and a muscle relaxant) to augment the acupuncture.  The whole thing was 1500 baht - about $35 American.  No doubt you can find it cheaper and if anyone has any great recs for this not too far from Thong Lo, I'd love to hear them.

I had no personal recommendations about other acupuncture therapists and without a personal rec, I always go to Bumrungrad for any health related stuff.  You pay more there, but every time I have been there, I've been taken care of competently and politely.  Even going to Bumrungrad, it's still drastically cheaper than health care in the USA.....

Aek Udon hospital in Udon offers given by a nuero surgeon 400 baht thats about $10.00 these days costs will vary depending on where you decide to settle.