Living Unattached

ade

Given the thousands of colourful stories of boy meets beautiful Thai lady is it sensible to stay unattached grow old gacefully and get a lve in nurse..

Do you advise the full monty GF or marriage with kids?

I am ineterested in your views of the pros and cons.

Edited by ade

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy being single, but then I've ALREADY done the marriage thing. I was married twice and divorced twice. Now I'm happily single. Unless you actually want to raise a family I see no need for marriage. Rentals are much, much cheaper and you can always upgrade to the latest model. But, I'm only speaking for myself. However, some guys want a mommy to take care of them. I don't.

And, there is no need to be lonely if you don't want to be. You can always adopt a Thai family and help them out occasionally, or on a continual basis. There is no need for legal commitment. There are thousands of unwed mothers in Thailand looking for a man... any man: old, young, fat or skinny, just so long as he helps out occasionally with some finances. It doesn't even have to be too much.

But, only you know your own needs and wants. Everyone is different. Just examine all the options before jumping off the bridge.

In my experience most Thai women will put up with the live in stuff without marriage for about 3 years. After that they leave. Then you have a year of being single and start the cycle over again. Should you fall ill during the single period the previous one will come back.

This is a silly thread.

It`s like wanting to know about the birds and the bees.

No one can answer the OP`s question, it`s up to the lifestyle preferences of each person.

Personally I would like 500 million baht in the bank, a little wifey at home and a harem of beautiful girls whose only life ambition was to fulfil my every desire.

But like you, I’m stuck in the real world and have to make my own decisions and choices according to the limited funds that I have.

When l first came to Thailand l enjoyed being single mainly because l could do what l want to do and enjoy all the pretty Thai ladies around. But having been there and done that l enjoy married life now in my old age but doubt if l would get married again unless it was to a rich and beautiful lady

This is a silly thread.

It`s like wanting to know about the birds and the bees.

No one can answer the OP`s question, it`s up to the lifestyle preferences of each person.

Personally I would like 500 million baht in the bank, a little wifey at home and a harem of beautiful girls whose only life ambition was to fulfil my every desire.

But like you, I’m stuck in the real world and have to make my own decisions and choices according to the limited funds that I have.

You just killed the thread by giving the best and most logical answer a topic such as this could ever hope to receive.

So... I'll up the Ante, Perhaps because I suspect I'm a little younger than you... 750 million baht in the bank and the wife can make my choices for me !!!

good post

everyday up the soi i see guys pushing baby carriages , papoosing newborns and following lock step behind their women .

at such times , i give thanks both to the lord and my parents for me having turned out knowing there is NOTHING more important than freedom .

you can take to the bank w/ your $500,000 , your $750,000 , your whatever .

Edited by jackdawson

I live alone.

I have always lived alone since I left home at 16.

I cant think of anything worse than having anyone at all living with me, except perhaps having two people living with me.

If one day I need someone to push my wheelchair around or feed me warm rice soup from a spoon I will pay them to do it.

Frankly I can't see why a man would get married unless he wanted to have kids. There are more wieldy (and not necessarily unfair) arrangements for everything else that involves a female partner.

Frankly I can't see why a man would get married unless he wanted to have kids. There are more wieldy (and not necessarily unfair) arrangements for everything else that involves a female partner.

Take a typical college grad teacher. Works six days a week 10 hours a day, her pay covers the rent, car payment and food and you get on her government insurance policy. Since she is gone at work so much you can do most anything you want all day long. She comes home put some noodles on to boil and fluff up the pillows in bed. She takes 4 or 5 trips a year with the students so you can get out of town. Easy to keep a mia noi. If she is from a middle class family the other kids help with the parents so that is not much of a burden.

Most of the above is also true with a middle management factory worker and if the factory is out of town you can add an hour in morning and evening for travel time so even more time to play around; insurance might not be as good but maybe she gets a company car or van.

I have been playing around with the idea of a police officer because the lady likes guns and war movies. She is a heck of a good shot and has enough weapons and ammo in the house to stand off a SWAT team for a couple of days. No worries about robbery or speeding tickets. So I can see some practical reasons for getting married.

Thai wives? Upside, if you get caught you can buy your way out. Downside, Family stuff. Every country is different.

I feel sick just reading your posts bah.gif

A serious question about your answer, andliane... while assuming you are a woman, just what is it that makes you sick? Is it because some men CHOOSE to stay single? Is it because they choose not to be manipulated by a woman? Is it because they know that looking after a home and doing the cooking and cleaning really isn't a big job? Is it because a mature man doesn't really need a mommy any longer? Is it because a man can get all the great sex he wants from as many attractive women as he can afford? Is it because he knows that love and lust grows a bit stale after 10 years of marriage? A questioning mind wants to know a serious answer.

Beetlejuice and a few others said it best in that there IS no one perfect answer for everyone. It all depends on the wants and needs for each and every individual. To me, my freedom is worth far more than any committed relationship... despite the occasional lonely day. And, that can be quickly rectified by a visit with any one of many friends. Yes, there are a FEW things that I miss about being married. But they are far outweighed by all the commitments needed to make a relationship work. I sure see a lot of unhappy married people struggling with the understanding of what they got themselves into. And, those are the blokes who actually work hard at their relationship with their wives.

to have a partner........... no matter what they are.

loneliness is a pain.

Maybe, but living with someone is a pain too ... mostly in the neck.

Just because someone is alone doesnt mean that they are lonely.

Given the thousands of colourful stories of boy meets beautiful Thai lady is it sensible to stay unattached grow old gacefully and get a lve in nurse..

Is there such thing as growing old gracefuly? Have yet to meet a graceful old folk cos most i met including my own family members are either grumpy, smells of piss and needs assistance in almost everything they do. The only jolly old fellow i know is santa but he's a myth.

loneliness is a pain.

That's right they just become pain in the <deleted> on internet forums. :rolleyes:

That's correct.

I can never understand how people with thousands upon thousands of posts on this Forum profess to be such experts on Thailand, they hardly ever leave their homes!!

You can live in Thailand for 25 years but if you spend all your time on the internet, you know jack shit about the outside world. :)

Is there such thing as growing old gracefuly? Have yet to meet a graceful old folk cos most i met including my own family members are either grumpy, smells of piss and needs assistance in almost everything they do. The only jolly old fellow i know is santa but he's a myth.

Don't spend much time on Soi 6 Pats I guess.

loneliness is a pain.

That's right they just become pain in the <deleted> on internet forums. :rolleyes:

That's correct.

I can never understand how people with thousands upon thousands of posts on this Forum profess to be such experts on Thailand, they hardly ever leave their homes!!

You can live in Thailand for 25 years but if you spend all your time on the internet, you know jack shit about the outside world. :)

Perfect example of a flame. Has nothing to do with the topic, offers no opinion about the OP and only written to incite anger.