'The Green Mile' actor Doug Hutchison, 51, marries 16-year-old girl

News_Editor

'The Green Mile' actor Doug Hutchison, 51, marries 16-year-old girl

2011-06-21 09:40:41 GMT+7 (ICT)

LAS VEGAS (BNO NEWS) -- Actor Doug Hutchison, who is best known for his role as corrections officer Percy Wetmore in the movie 'The Green Mile', has married his 16-year-old girlfriend in Las Vegas, he confirmed on Monday.

A brief update on Hutchison's website showed a wedding photo and said the couple was married on May 20 at noon local time at the Little Chapel of the Flowers in Las Vegas. "Mr. and Ms. Hutchison live happily ensconced in their Hollywood Hills, [California] home with their lil' pups, Everette and Tuna!" the statement said.

The news that Hutchison, 51, married Courtney Alexis Stodden, 16, led to a storm of criticism online due to their age difference, although it is legal. "We're aware that our vast age difference is extremely controversial," the couple said in a statement to E! Online. "But we're very much in love and want to get the message out there that true love can be ageless."

Hutchison is best known for his role as corrections officer Percy Wetmore in the popular 1996 movie 'The Green Mile.' He is also known as Eugene Victor Tooms in 'The X-Files', as Horace Goodspeed in 'Lost' and as Davros in '24.'

Stodden was previously a contestant for Miss Washington Teen USA 2010 but lost the race to 17-year-old Camilla Cyr. She is also a self-described "upcoming recording artist that writes her own music" and a model, as well as a dancer.

Some questioned whether the marriage was legal because of Stodden's young age, but Nevada state law allows teens under the age of 18 to marry with parental consent. "We are totally supportive of this marriage," Courtney's mother Krista Stodden told Radar Online, confirming that at least one parent had to sign the permission form for the marriage to take place.

In a YouTube video uploaded by Stodden in December 2010, she describes herself as a Christian girl and said she did not want to have sex until she got married. "About myself; I am a Christian girl. I hold my faith very tightly, and I'm a virgin. And I plan to stay that way until I'm married," she said.

Even though the age of consent in California, where they will live, is 18, this does not apply when the minor was legally married in any U.S. state.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-06-21

Even if it ends in divorce down the line it isn't wrong. People should try, live and learn, and be happy. I would like to see more unusual relationships. I think that the world has become too hyper over age and especially the ever rising acceptable age for marriage and having children. Does anyone in the west purposely have children under the age of 26 these days?

Prince Charles married Diana when she was just 19 years of age.....I can't imagine such a thing could happen today. He would be labelled a cradle snatcher and outcasted by womans groups.

Chairman Mao married a girl when she was just 10 years of age about 100 years ago.

I saw the usual comments on that story in my local paper website. Some calling him a ped, rockspider etc. Some people have no idea. As she wasn't of age to legally marry her mother signed a consent to allow it. Good luck to him, the marriage stands as much chance, or not, as any couple of similar age. If they are both happy then good on them.

I think we've had enough discussion on the physical attributes of a 16 year old girl.

So, is he allowed to go the prom with her as a date, or does he have to go as a chaperone?

Years ago, when a famous US actor (age 77) was on David Letterman, and there was mention of him just marrying a 17 yr old, the audience clapped and cheered for a full 30 seconds. If that same man (as a regular person, not famous) had been hanging around the perimeter of a high school and picked up a 17 yr old chick, local parents would be hollaring for his neck in a noose. It's all so subjective. People are as shallow and duplicitous in their outlook/judgements as maple seeds falling in a breeze.

Edited by maidu

Ok, so you know when your going to buy a car and you take it for a test ride, well lets see here. She's been 16 how long? Where i'm from 15 will get you 20 at the grey bar hotel. Mom and Dad holey crap! This old guy tried this crap in Texas he'd be whistling out of his barn door!whistling.gif