Lemon Gras

huuwi

hi,

have read about one topic (guess it was about a lake) where someone said, plant lemon gras around it avoid snake.

is this true or only some volk's visdom.

i try to keep the snake away from my free range chicken with sulphur powder, but dont work for long if at all.

thx for any input.

huuwi

I heard the same thing, so planted plenty at the bottom of my garden.

Had cobras coming and going out of the pineapple fields - found shed skins a few times a year, and the farmers nearby saw plenty of them.

then i found a big cobra (about 2.5-3m big) sleeping in a big clump of lemongrass. (99.9% certain)

Wife explained that lemongrass keeps some snakes away, but not cobras. oh well.

So i built a big concrete wall round my 5 rai, with foundations dug in deep. will see how we go now!

Also the gardener netted around some likely holes with fine 1" fishing net to try to catch them as the wall was going up, but no luck. Its likely they were off, back in the pineapple fields anyway. Pretty sure my gardener didn't want to catch one though!

goodluck!

I heard the same thing, so planted plenty at the bottom of my garden.

Had cobras coming and going out of the pineapple fields - found shed skins a few times a year, and the farmers nearby saw plenty of them.

then i found a big cobra (about 2.5-3m big) sleeping in a big clump of lemongrass. (99.9% certain)

Wife explained that lemongrass keeps some snakes away, but not cobras. oh well.

So i built a big concrete wall round my 5 rai, with foundations dug in deep. will see how we go now!

Also the gardener netted around some likely holes with fine 1" fishing net to try to catch them as the wall was going up, but no luck. Its likely they were off, back in the pineapple fields anyway. Pretty sure my gardener didn't want to catch one though!

goodluck!

ups, so the cobra are a bit pitty or in this way she like lemon gras, when she sleeps in there.

any way, had a look at the wiki answer and try lemon gras for a while, maybe add some sulphur powder too and hope they stay away.

thanks for your fast answer.

huuwi

I too can assure you that lemon grass will NOT keep snakes away.

so what, do i have to get a couple mungo's to fight them away.

man,man,man, i thought there will be something easy and natural to keep them away.

dont like the idea of a hugh concret wall.

huuwi

so, i will try a mix of marigolds and lemon gras.

as mosha said, goose are good for robbers, they make a lot of noice, and i dont want to experiment with peacocks, guess you have to fence them, we got dog's runing around.

thx again for your input

huuwi