Getting From Airport

• 2 weeks later...

Airport Rail Link to Phaya Thai station (end of the City Line), and Sukhumvit Line toward On Nut, Ploen Chit is the fourth stop.

thanks all i will be ok only have a small carry on bag with me

rick

How long does the train take from the airport to Phaya Thai station?

it'll be a little workout for ya,but you'll be ok

Really? Escalator down from arrivals to the airport train station and a two minute walk to the platforms. At Phaya Thai, walk down a flight of stairs (or if that's too much for you, there is a well disguised lift), two minute walk to the BTS station (in the same complex) and up an escalator to the BTS.

If that constitutes a work out, is a walk to the nearest 7/11 a marathon?

about 40 minutes i think

20 to 30 minutes depending on whether you take the Express right to Phaya Thai or the CityLine. The Express is comfortable, roomy and quick, the CityLine runs more frequently and only take a few extra minutes but can be congested at peak hours and the seats are a bit shallow.

If you have heavy bags- don't take the airport link there - unless you like lugging them downstairs and walking with your luggage and a hundred people jostling around you.Even then by the time you get to your destination it will have been the same time if not slower than taking a taxi (unless its rush hour and raining).

I only take the airport link if i have carry on and its rush hour.