Tourist Visa For Looking For A Job

hi :o

I know it's not easy to find a job in Thailand now. I heard that you can come and look for a job with a tourist visa and that's legal as long as you don't work. So, what if it took many months before one could find a job that provides a work permit and all? would it be possible to just keep extending tourist visa 'till you got a job then apply for a non-im visa?

Thank you,

xx

A tourist visa is ok for searching jobs, but not for work. A work permit requires a Non-Immigrant Visa, and your new employer should be able to provide you with the correct paperwork for a NON-B.

(If you have a western passport) you can extend a 60-days Tourist visa 30 days at Thai Immigration for a fee of 1,900 baht and an additional 10 days for another 1,900 Baht.

Total 60+30+10 = 100 days.

After that you have to leave the kingdom and apply for either a new Tourist visa at a Royal Thai Consulate or Embassy abroad, or if you have a job and supporting documents you can apply for a NON-B, which is extendable with a work permit or work permit application.

Chok dee!

And will things change a lot after July 2004? like hmm will the new rules affect a lot on getting a work permit? Cose i know they affect those who do biz in Thailand and also those who want immigration visa ...but what bout the employees??

xx

I still have no idea where. Where do u think would be easiest? And actually it's my bf who wants to stay here. There's a chance of him wanting to come live and find a job here in the next few yrs, That's why i asked bout the new rules ...

thank u once again :o

I still have no idea where. Where do u think would be easiest? And actually it's my bf who wants to stay here. There's a chance of him wanting to come live and find a job here in the next few yrs, That's why i asked bout the new rules ...

thank u once again :o

Try some Thai consulate in Malaysia, for example Penang or Kota Bharu. Search here at the forum and you will find loads of info. Ther is a link on top of this page, "Visa runs", check there as well.

Hi Wonny

We are almost on the same boat. My bf is also working in Thailand at the moment recently being posted here and will be for quite a long time till he wants to quit.

I am also looking for jobs in Thailand, know that it is very difficult as the language is already a barrier.

I came here for an interview once but I guess was not successful.

Hi there Joan :o

So where are you at now? You're not thai rite? ... But why lang is a barrier?? ummm i'm now sort of afraid too that my bf wouldn't be able to get a job here T_T But we got to try rite? :D

So...i wish for all the best luck for you & your bf then B)

xx

Wonny+

Hello Wonny :o

I am not Thai. I am Singaporean. My bf got posted there already, would like to join him there but think chances are slim.

How abt you? Where are you from? Are you in Thailand already?

Thank you for your wishes.

Wish you all the best too.

:D