Malaysia Airlines

samtam

Malaysia Airlines seem to be spending quite a lot of advertising for something they clearly can't deliver. In the newspapers and online editions they are advertising: "Imagine Flying with Amazing Fares....London from THB72,720 All Inclusive Business Class". The emphasis should be on "imagine:" and "from THBxxx". Firstly, when you click on the advert it advises...Sorry, there are no deals at the moment. Use the search to find deals in other destinations. Or sign up to be notified when there's an offer to your preferred destination.

Then when you choose a date it shows the actual fare at around THB137,000 return business class, and your lay over in KL is about 12 hours.

The fairy tale was interesting, but I think I'll pass.

Edited by samtam

hi samtam.

in a malaysian airlines sale about 1 month ago i got 2 return tickets from dublin -kl for 843 euros,economy class, and that was with a gap of 5 weeks between depart and return,so i would say they do have good deals some times. in the same sale my brother who lives in england got flights from lon - phillipines for 332 gbp return. both of us were happy with that

hi samtam.

in a malaysian airlines sale about 1 month ago i got 2 return tickets from dublin -kl for 843 euros,economy class, and that was with a gap of 5 weeks between depart and return,so i would say they do have good deals some times. in the same sale my brother who lives in england got flights from lon - phillipines for 332 gbp return. both of us were happy with that

correct. last month i bought hkt- europe and europe-hkt business class for 64.000 thb.

Well, I just chose a random date in mid July, and the indicative price was THB137,000 and there was no availability. I think Cathay Pacific Business is about THB97,000 return, via HKG. Thai Airways about the same.

skyscanner.net, can search across month/months for cheapest flights - but it gives cheapest economy options, no option for choosing best business class

note - these are economy fares, but may be of interest to others reading the thread; eg I used random dates Bkk-London 1 July return 8 Aug, best direct flights Thai Airways 55k baht, indirect (1 stopover) Air India 30k return