Bread Maker Appliance In Bangkok

carbine1125

i bought a severin about a year back, whilst i wouldn't say its 'perfect' bread its a fairly consistent loaf.

(my major complaint is the bread is heavy/dense which is attributed to not enough kneading - still beats the plasticy sweet cr*p that is sold here!)

I got mine in Emporium, i think it was around 3000b but might have been a little more than that.

Edited by MunterHunter

And where do you buy the ingredients? Are there any prepacked mixtures, or must you do it yourself?

I believe that you can also by them in Verasu on Wireless road in BKK.

I bought mine a couple of years ago in NZ and I use it every week.

You can buy the ingredients in most places like BigC, LotusTesco, Makro etc.

You can also buy prepack mixes but I prefer to make my own.

I use bread flour in a green pack at about 33 baht a bag,

milk powder

sugar

oil

water

salt

Yeast

all in the recommended quantities but you ,may want to experiment with a little more yeast for lighter bread. My recipe said 1 teaspoonful of yeast and I now use 2 tablespoons full.

You will also be able to buy the measuring spoons etc in most places, I bought mine in BigC.

Also I bought an electric carving knife in NZ and is great for cutting the bread straighter and cleaner than a bread knife.

Once you get the machine and get it right there is nothing like the smell of fresh bread.

Breakfast this morning was fresh melon plus homemade toasted bread with home made mango jam. yummy

Edited by billd766

Dont bother with the bread mixes, they aare 10x more expensive than the raw ingredients.

When you buy the machine, there will be an instruction book telling you what all the settings are, in that book will have the recipies... everything is easy to get, even the bakers yeast.

Although I enjoyed our bread making machine, I gave it up when I read about the health risks of teflon. All bread machines have teflon-coated inner containers. Teflon breaks down into toxic and carciniogenic gases. It was originally estimated that the gases were only produced at temperatures of 500 degrees F and higher (making teflon-coated frying pans unsafe), now it is believed that harmful effects may occur at 392 degrees F, which is close to bread baking temperature. It wouldn't surprise me if the level of temperature at which the risk occurs is subsequently lowered.

My own bottom line is that I have discarded the bread-baking machine and will soon learn to bake bread the old-fashioned way. It's too bad because the bread machines offer a terrific convenience. Your level of acceptable additional health risk may be different, but mine is zero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polytetrafluoroethylene

So are you selling your bread maker and if so how much?

Although I enjoyed our bread making machine, I gave it up when I read about the health risks of teflon. All bread machines have teflon-coated inner containers. Teflon breaks down into toxic and carciniogenic gases. It was originally estimated that the gases were only produced at temperatures of 500 degrees F and higher (making teflon-coated frying pans unsafe), now it is believed that harmful effects may occur at 392 degrees F, which is close to bread baking temperature. It wouldn't surprise me if the level of temperature at which the risk occurs is subsequently lowered.

My own bottom line is that I have discarded the bread-baking machine and will soon learn to bake bread the old-fashioned way. It's too bad because the bread machines offer a terrific convenience. Your level of acceptable additional health risk may be different, but mine is zero.

http://en.wikipedia....afluoroethylene