British Tourist Complains Thai Police Will Not Investigate His Ladyboy Masseur

webfact

Not sure what he wants the police to do, manhunt for a random ladyboy among the hundreds of thousands in the country based on a grainy cctv photo and a id they don't even know actually as his? Waste of time. He could be lieing about the cash too. It should also be common sense, that when you bring a street whore back to your hotel for transgender loving, you should immediately cancel your credit card before doing anything else if it gets stolen. Waste time at the police station after you've done that. It's like they hand out free lobotomies on the flight over.

Actually the Thai police are very good at finding people when they want to. What makes you believe the CCTV is grainy. You seem to have forgotten his ID card with his home address on it

And known haunts he/she works at. and essentially a limited number of katoey friendly spots to hook up even in Thailand. If they want this person badly enough, they would be scooped up this evening. Maybe the bribe was not offered so they laughed at his request.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reality Police is actually correct in regards to claiming the insurance.

Even if they were able to find the ladyboy, they would never recover anything back, but telling him to file insurance claim gets him fully reimbursed.

As for his story, well i am sure he was successful fighting off the girls all night long, yet chose to be in red light district all night long.

Was fighting off girls all night long and yet ended up with a ladyboy, "afterhours"

Came to find school yet spend his nights in red light district.

He should stick with that story, i am sure mom and dad back home believe him :D

Edited by kuffki

The job of the Thai police is to enrich their police generals, colonels and station commanders and to serve the whims of Thailand's moneyed elite.

Why would anyone think their role is to arrest the perpetrators of crimes against ordinary victims (including "no connections" tourists. Where's the benefit in that?? :blink:

The job of the Thai police is to enrich their police generals, colonels and station commanders and to serve the whims of Thailand's moneyed elite.

Why would anyone think their role is to arrest the perpetrators of crimes against ordinary victims (including "no connections" tourists. Where's the benefit in that?? :blink:

I am not defending the actions of Thai Police, but lets realistically consider the facts in this matter.

there is no evidence the guy was robbed-only his word. No CCTV can show the theft of money or phone from within the room.

that means the guy would need to be in court to testify, which may take 1 year or more, because of such a small case.

He is a tourist who i doubt will come back to testify (possibly a number of times)

So, it would take time to find the ladyboy, arrest him/her and then what? Money can not be recovered, most likely case will be dismissed because no evidence or witness. Why indeed waste time?

Even back home(in the West), petty thieves get bail minutes after being arrested and hardly ever get any punishment, because most are unemployed and do not have the money to pay the fine and to lock them up cost more than the crime.

I am not defending the actions of Thai Police, but lets realistically consider the facts in this matter.

there is no evidence the guy was robbed-only his word. No CCTV can show the theft of money or phone from within the room.

that means the guy would need to be in court to testify, which may take 1 year or more, because of such a small case.

He is a tourist who i doubt will come back to testify (possibly a number of times)

So, it would take time to find the ladyboy, arrest him/her and then what? Money can not be recovered, most likely case will be dismissed because no evidence or witness. Why indeed waste time?

Even back home(in the West), petty thieves get bail minutes after being arrested and hardly ever get any punishment, because most are unemployed and do not have the money to pay the fine and to lock them up cost more than the crime.

Of course if they had got off their fat <deleted> and arrested the (ahem) guy, then he may well hgave had evidence on him - stollen credit cards and large amounts of sterling. Finger prints on the safe too perhaps - maybe also the CCTV shows evidence after the act (carrying/counting the cash, checking the credit cards etc) - police will never know if they don't bother watching the footage. Evidense is rarely dumped in the police laps on the report, but fgound at the crime scene and during investigation. Witnesses can swear affradavits and make videod attestations - they would need only to come back for the final case for cross examination (if at all - most plead guitly for the reduction in sentance). Crimes are not prosecuted for recovery purposes but to stop their reoccurance and to make the guilty pay. Even back home [sIC] (where ever that may be), to be bailed or lightly punished, still means an investigation and an arrest was undertaken - and a criminal record published.

Personally, with an election looming, I think this type of thing IS news (rather than 'Other') - we hear because TV picked up on it because it was a farang victim - how often are crimes not investigated for the general Thai public - those voters out there - because the victim is without power.

The police failing to do anything?? No need to beat that horse to death anymore.. On an upbeat note, a few years ago an English friend of mine was pick pocketed by a lady boy in Bangkok. The next night he sees the lady boy working the same location. ( Am using the loosest possible meaning of the word work...). My friend finds a policeman nearby, who then apprehends the miscreant on the spot. Together they go to the lady boy's room, and lo and behold there is his empty wallet. They then head together to the police station. Taken to a back room, the police man then proceeds to beat the living crap out of the lady boy with a night stick, apparently to teach him the errors of his ways in inflicting damage upon the Thai tourism industry. The policeman then hands the nightstick to my friend and asks him if he wants a few hits upon the lady boy. My friend passed. The policeman then asked my friend if he wanted to press charges that would put the lady boy away for a couple of years. My friend did not have the heart to do that over a few thousand baht, so all charges were dropped. I like to put that story under Amazing Thailand.......

Lady boys, the blight of Thailand. :jap:

And known haunts he/she works at. and essentially a limited number of katoey friendly spots to hook up even in Thailand. If they want this person badly enough, they would be scooped up this evening. Maybe the bribe was not offered so they laughed at his request.

Limited number of katoeyr friendly haunts? He could be anywhere in the city. He (supposedly) pulled in a couple thousand dollars, he's not likely to be on the same streetcorner where the john picked him up. He's probably in different city already.

The ID is possibly fake. If it's not, it's not where he lives now, it's where he was born/registered in Nakhon Phanom. He's not likely to be there right now. He might not have been there for years. Where shall the manhunt begin for this ladyboy? It'd be a huge effort with small chance of success, the cards will have been dumped and the money gone, and if they do manage to catch him the guy will be back in England anyway. Insurance claim is the best thing to do.

"Published by Andrew Drummond"

Very little more needs to be said in a story that is as full of holes as a Swiss cheese. There is probably an element of truth in it, like most of his reports, but they hardly justify being called "Thai News".

Agreed. This is a story fit for News of the World.

heheeheh another sad story about a naive tourist. Who really knows what the police said to the guy maybe a reasonable answer to his problem but because it wasn't what he wanted to hear they were refusing to investigate.

I have had my house broken into several time here in the states. The cops come out take a report and then announce you know this is as far as it will go unless we catch the person red handed with your described stuff. The report only for insurance purpose. Sounds kind of familiar.

bangkok probably same as the states unless some body injury during the crime not much will come of it, just to many cases of petty thief.

No one cares. There is no responsibilty. Furthermore, lets just consider again the response of the Thai police; they wanted to know the details of a sexual liaison. Titilation then, childish interest. Hardly what you'd expect of adults. let alone those wearing uniform.

And this is not uncommon. I witnessed myself how two British tourists, who had been robbed in Jomtien, were teased at Pattaya police station by the female police officer, who was supposed to take their report (but didn't out of laziness, that she would take them on a tour of gay bars in Soi Pattayaland.

The police, including the "Tourist Police" will not help you if you're in 'trouble' (scammed, robbed, assaulted, etc.) in Thailand, but will laugh at you and make dirty jokes. Almost all the police in Thailand are corrupt scum, who will just show up if they can get their cut.

Another great service by the police to the Tourist industry of 'Amazing Thailand'!

It is stories like these that make it to Internet boards (not only this one) and damage the image of the country more than it already is. Anyone in "TAT" wondering why tourist numbers are either stalling or declining since years, despite the gazillions of Baht invested in marketing and fancy advertising websites? Even in Cambodia, you have better safety and less hassle and double-pricing these days compared to Thailand, apart from much friendlier visa regulations etc.

Most sensible post in this thread!

Anyone who doesn't see this is naive and should not come to Thailand.

I'd suggest that the ladyboy issue is bye the bye. The far greater problem is the refusal of the police to do a job that they're entrusted to do, which is to enforce the law and arrest perpetrators of crimes.

Entrusted by whom? Certainly not the general public. The BiB do of course serve the interests of people who actually count for something here - I don't think many even ordinary people here or anywhere would consider this event worthy of much effort. I know back in the States nothing would be done - nothing to do with corruption, just that no one cares, the idiot brought it on himself.

I'm not saying the corruption isn't a problem here, but this isn't an example fo that.

And this is Thailand, deal with reality as it is, trying to impose your view of "the way things should be" doesn't accomplish anything at all.

Most sensible post in this thread!

Anyone who doesn't see this is naive and should not come to Thailand.

+1

said more eloquently than I could. . .

Why do people go around with 30,000 baht (GBP600) in cash? I rarely carry more than a tenth that in cash. Consequently, if I somehow end up with a dodgy ladyboy (unlikely for a long-term resident not of that persuasion) or encounter any of the myriad situations in which your wallet or its contents may disappear, I don't lose much. It's a simple, sensible policy, so why doesn't everybody follow it, carrying cards for any extra monetary needs?

I can see only three answers: stupidity, illegal activity or having so much money you don't care.

I remember the Lumpini Police being named in the Bangkok Post as corrupt from top to bottom. Weren't they the ones who were demanding 200 m baht from Khun Chavit [ number 5?] the ex-massage parlour King who was being shaken down by them.

Here we have an example of a simple arrest waiting to happen. There is motive, evidence and identification. All that is now required is an arrest.

Yet incredibly and much to the chagrin and shame of Thailand nothing is done. Worse still is the fact that following this publicity no Thai has the decency to right this wrong. The story goes international as the Lady Boy aspect makes it newsworthy. And still Thais don't give a ferk as to the impression it reinforces. That of Thailand being a joke.

No one cares. There is no responsibilty. Furthermore, lets just consider again the response of the Thai police; they wanted to know the details of a sexual liaison. Titilation then, childish interest. Hardly what you'd expect of adults. let alone those wearing uniform.

There is a sickness in Thai society. An immaturity that surfaces whenever responsibility is needed. It can't be explained by stupidity as it is a national trait and they all aren't stupid. Although they do a pretty good impression.

Next.

It's Chuwit, not Chavit. It was his word against theirs - admittedly, not a lot to go on - and he WAS the 'massage parlour' king, so what else would he have expected. And I'm not, right now, checking signposts . . . but shouldn't he have been directed to Thonglor station - though that would possibly prove a worse move than Lumpini . . .

and the purchases made on his credit card?...is that not evidence or are you suggesting he gave it to her /him?

This could have happened, that could have happened. All conjecture. Simple fact is the police won't investigate the complaint. They are pathetic. I hope the guy has a few baht remaining to get some 'natural' justice.

"Published by Andrew Drummond"

Very little more needs to be said in a story that is as full of holes as a Swiss cheese. There is probably an element of truth in it, like most of his reports, but they hardly justify being called "Thai News".

Agreed. This is a story fit for News of the World.

Splendid idead, our kid. Takes a reader to spot this. Give them a call. They might even pay a tip fee.

The fact is that it`s the guy's own fault, so why should the police put resources into an investigation caused by this guy's stupidity?

The fact is the guy was robbed and the police won't do anything about it.

Your attitude of blaming the victim is horrendous. It clearly shows why foreigners have very little rights in Thailand when their fellow aliens won't stand up for them. You should be ashamed and know better.

I guess he didn't notice the size 13 feet, giant Adams-apple, eye-brows of a gorilla, and a voice like Russel Crowe (or Barry White?). :whistling:

"Really! I didn't know it was a bloke!" :huh:

Would you like rice with your Som-Yung-Thai-Gai? :jap:

Edited by TimTang