PM Abhisit Asserts Democrat Rally At Ratchaprasong Will Be 'Constructive'

webfact

You can follow things on twitter, a few names are in the posts here:

#tulsathit (the Nation)

#terryfrd (the Other newspaper)

Actually, the two you mentioned haven't updated for over two hours....but 'Bangkok' has updates.....

To be sure, it's @tulsathit and @ferryfrd (no hash, but a comm. add !)

while typing four new twits came in :)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha, found a live feed from what appears to be someone's webcam, on some channel called Asia ???. Feed is about the same as Skype.

He should have taken speech lessons from Sondhi.

You shoud really apply for a job there as his advisor.

Hey, if the Dems lose this mess, we are all in for a very shakey 2 years, maybe 20. Nothing, and i mean NOTHING should have been left to chance.

What do you mean IF the Democrats lose? It's quite clear they've already lost this election and Puea Thai will win by a landslide. Personally, I think we're in for a quiet few years. One has to remember that the worst years in Thailand's recent history have happened under a Democrat government. I'm looking forward for Thailand to return to normal.

Amazing how fast time flies here. I wasunderthe impression that today is June 23rd and that elections are 2 weeks ahead....how come you can say that Dems lost the elections...

As for the quiet years to come IF PTP = UDD wins,, you must really be out of your mind....

Now I have to laugh. As Abhisit gets the biggest applause of the night defending the action in the crackdown, they put up in the bottom corner, pictures of some reds pinned down on the road behind tyres, and then the producer actually cuts back to the ajarns, who are collectively chuckling to themselves about the irony of what they are seeing on the screen.

I hate political marketing buggars but Sondhi or Mandelson would have got these guys elected by a landslide.

Meanwhile, army pictures fill the whole screen whilst the PM is relegated to the bottom in screen picture. Crowd is getting a little more vociferous in their support

But we all know how well educated the Ajarns themselves in this country are,so paying attention to their reactions and comments is the biggest waste of time.

Sorry, sarchasm doesn't translate too well in the written form. Army actions of the crackdown are still filling the screen. God dammit, reliving shot people and coffins is hardly going to win the day I fear. They should have done this 9 months ago.

The clip show filling the screen is a horror show.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Aha, found a live feed from what appears to be someone's webcam, on some channel called Asia ???. Feed is about the same as Skype.

Hey, if the Dems lose this mess, we are all in for a very shakey 2 years, maybe 20. Nothing, and i mean NOTHING should have been left to chance.

What do you mean IF the Democrats lose? It's quite clear they've already lost this election and Puea Thai will win by a landslide. Personally, I think we're in for a quiet few years. One has to remember that the worst years in Thailand's recent history have happened under a Democrat government. I'm looking forward for Thailand to return to normal.

That is easy to understand since the democrats,and that is everywhere in the world just take a look at the US of A,have to clean up the mess the others create during their reign and then of course get blamed for it because they have an impossible task.

Amazing how fast time flies here. I wasunderthe impression that today is June 23rd and that elections are 2 weeks ahead....how come you can say that Dems lost the elections...

As for the quiet years to come IF PTP = UDD wins,, you must really be out of your mind....

Have we had quiet years under Democrat control? Umm, no. Be honest here. And the whole chaos started with the PAD who were 99% pro-Democrat, followed by an army coup that installed the Democrat government. We've had enough problems in Thailand under this government and you'll see that Thais have also had enough, when the votes start coming in on July 3rd.

You don't need to respect my opinion, and I'm not asking you to. But you'll have no choice but to respect the opinion of Thais on July 3rd.

Mocking rat, you may have missed that the elections will be on the 3rd of July this year. As such no one has lost or won yet.

One should indeed not forget the worst years in Thailand were under the violent protests of UDD and other red-shirt groups. Instigated by some nice UDD leaders who just happen to be PTP party list candidates all of a sudden and will enjoy parliamentary immunity as long as no new elections are called. I for one am looking forward to a Thailand returned to 'Thai normal', but fear it may take a while. :ermm:

Have we had quiet years under Democrat control? Umm, no. Be honest here. And the whole chaos started with the PAD who were 99% pro-Democrat, followed by an army coup that installed the Democrat government. We've had enough problems in Thailand under this government and you'll see that Thais have also had enough, when the votes start coming in on July 3rd.

You don't need to respect my opinion, and I'm not asking you to. But you'll have no choice but to respect the opinion of Thais on July 3rd.

Weren't it the democrats under Chuan who had the task to rebuild the country from the '97 financial debacle which they didn't create themselves?And I think they did a reasonable good job.

21:55 @tulsathit

Pro-red TV broadcast Abhisit's speech but used footage of killed protesters to go with it. via @jin_nation

Somehow I think this whole exercise will only confirm people in their existing beliefs, right or wrong. Maybe the undecided will be influenced ?

That is easy to understand since the democrats,and that is everywhere in the world just take a look at the US of A,have to clean up the mess the others create during their reign and then of course get blamed for it because they have an impossible task.

You do realize that the Democrats in the US are supposedly left of centre, and have little or nothing ideologically(until a year or so ago, when Abhisit attempted to reinvent them) in common with the Democrat Party in Thailand?

Edited by Thai at Heart

Pro-red TV broadcast Abhisit's speech but used footage of killed protesters to go with it. via @jin_nation

Somehow I think this whole exercise will only confirm people in their existing beliefs, right or wrong. Maybe the undecided will be influenced ?

I don't believe this won't change anyone's opinion of anything. Abhisit should have used the opportunity to admit the failings of the last year, apologise, hilight his successes and then lay out a vision for the future. So far, he hasn't even got to today with his speech, let alone tomorrow or what he is going to do in his next parliament.

<br />
<br />Amazing how fast time flies here. I wasunderthe impression that today is June 23rd and that elections are 2 weeks ahead....how come you can say that Dems lost the elections...<br />As for the quiet years to come IF PTP = UDD wins,, you must really be out of your mind....<br />
<br /><br />Have we had quiet years under Democrat control? Umm, no. Be honest here. And the whole chaos started with the PAD who were 99% pro-Democrat, followed by an army coup that installed the Democrat government. We've had enough problems in Thailand under this government and you'll see that Thais have also had enough, when the votes start coming in on July 3rd.<br /><br />You don't need to respect my opinion, and I'm not asking you to. But you'll have no choice but to respect the opinion of Thais on July 3rd.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Only one question,... is this rally going to continue until tomorrow???

I don't believe this won't change anyone's opinion of anything. Abhisit should have used the opportunity to admit the failings of the last year, apologise, hilight his successes and then lay out a vision for the future. So far, he hasn't even got to today with his speech, let alone tomorrow or what he is going to do in his next parliament.

For a current PM to lay out what he gonne do in the next term would be the same as admitting that he failed in the previous one,so better to let the people know that current policy's will be extended and warn the people about the wrong choices they could make in the next poll.

<br />
<br />Amazing how fast time flies here. I wasunderthe impression that today is June 23rd and that elections are 2 weeks ahead....how come you can say that Dems lost the elections...<br />As for the quiet years to come IF PTP = UDD wins,, you must really be out of your mind....<br />
<br /><br />Have we had quiet years under Democrat control? Umm, no. Be honest here. And the whole chaos started with the PAD who were 99% pro-Democrat, followed by an army coup that installed the Democrat government. We've had enough problems in Thailand under this government and you'll see that Thais have also had enough, when the votes start coming in on July 3rd.<br /><br />You don't need to respect my opinion, and I'm not asking you to. But you'll have no choice but to respect the opinion of Thais on July 3rd.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

All the others have gone home already. If Abhisit wants to continue tomorrow, the others will have to get out of bed earlier than normal. All very half hearted.

What I can't believe, is despite being PM, every channel I watch feels no shame in cutting him off mid sentence. And Thai culture is supposed to have respect for position.

The 'successes' and 'vision' have been discussed in previous campaign rallies the last weeks. The idea was to counter UDD (i.e. the non-political arm of PTP) lies, half-truths, insinuations, etc. with a more open view of things. K. Suthep was a bit harsh, but that's him. Expect a few articles from UDD leaders, PTP candidates tomorrow and various lawsuits.

Edited by rubl

Oh dear. Now he is attacking Yingluck.

This is definitely not coming from the heart.

We've been promised reconciliation talk and the truth of who's responsible for last year's killings, but all we get are new attacks and blames on the other side. Whoever is advising Abhisit is either completely incompetent or wants him to fail.

Looks like it. Possibly until July 3rd since Suthep said it would be "the last pit stop" before the election.

So in other words, we will have a whole month of traffic chaos ahead in Bangkok...

your in for a wild awakening if you really believe things will return to normality if red thugs win unless you mean for here its normal for Taksin to loot burn and destroy. My wife asked why weve accelerated process of taking our assets out of thailand instead of waiting for result and what we cant get out using various channels were getting gold fast. So not to frighten her more than she is anyway I told her wed have a few years before things got really nasty. Im beginning to think it might be much quicker than a few years and that if red thugs win day a number of our assets will depreciate quite quickly. Luckely their are an umber of buyers who believe it will be ok and normal soon. when they ask why were selling cheap i tell them truth because I think its going to go down pan and im happy to take a 10-20% drop. Sad days ahead im sure of it

What I can't believe, is despite being PM, every channel I watch feels no shame in cutting him off mid sentence. And Thai culture is supposed to have respect for position.

What I find extremely amusing is that only red shirt channels are giving him full coverage.

:lol:

AV: this is the best opportunity ever to eliminate the poison of Thaksin from thailand./ Via@terryfrd

Abhisit: If Yingluck becomes PM, Thaksin will pressure her to pave his way back home, causing her major problem. /Via@tulsathit

AV on to amnesty, saying PT is determined to be deceptive in offering a general amesty in order to free Thaksin. /Via@terryfrd

AV says that a Dem victory will prove to wrold you can't buy Thailand & that Thailand will not allow mob rule to win out. /Via@terryfrd

AV: I will not let political leaders use their followers as political instruments, not just at Ratchaprasong, but everywhere. /Via@terryfrd

Weren't it the democrats under Chuan who had the task to rebuild the country from the '97 financial debacle which they didn't create themselves?And I think they did a reasonable good job.

seconded (100%)

Looks like it. Possibly until July 3rd since Suthep said it would be "the last pit stop" before the election.

looks like he's got more to say yet, got a feeling it will run for some time yet..... will be interesting to see if he managed a gradual creschendo. I think a lot will hinge on whether Mark is able to deliver that tonighht.