Playgroups In Chiang Mai

CMwanderer

Hi,

I've just moved to Chiang Mai and have an almost 2 year old who is likely to drive me crazy if I don't find some other kids for her to play with. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've read on here that people suggest the Raintree Resource Centre however it seems that all the feedback that people give after trying this is negative. I would preferably like a group that speaks English as I have very little Thai (although I am working on this) and I feel that she is in an important stage of language learning and while I am encouraging her to learn Thai with me I do want her primary language to be English. I have even tried to look up preschools but it seems she is too young for these. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

She is still pretty young for preschool (age 3)

Nursery programs will take her

NAPA School (Nursery Age 1-2, Pre-K program Age 2-3)

NIS Nursery (Age 2+) ** Starts again Early August

Once she gets old enough for preschool she will probably pick up Thai fairly quickly from the other kids (even if the classroom instruction is in english)

Age 1-2 is really best for exploration and experience with the parent

Edited by PlanetX

She is still pretty young for preschool (age 3)

Nursery programs will take her

NAPA School (Nursery Age 1-2, Pre-K program Age 2-3)

NIS Nursery (Age 2+) ** Starts again Early August

Once she gets old enough for preschool she will probably pick up Thai fairly quickly from the other kids (even if the classroom instruction is in english)

Age 1-2 is really best for exploration and experience with the parent

NIS K-1 is for kids 4 yrs old, my youngest just finished and next year will be in the K2 program. August 8th is the first day of the Fall Semester.

Edited by Diablo Bob

I've read on here that people suggest the Raintree Resource Centre however it seems that all the feedback that people give after trying this is negative.

I have to wonder if this is because they are Christians.

My experience in using their library is that they are friendly, pleasant, helpful people and they never tried to recruit me to their religion either - of course it might be because they thought that I was beyond redemption. :whistling:

Yes, most of the young western mothers that I know utilize Raintree Center on a regular basis, if for no other reason than their great selection of English-language children books and DVDs for loan. I'd suggest you go there and ask about play groups.