WEtv have spread their network to our Mooban on Mae Jo Road,and before

I subscribe to their service I would like to get feed back from people whom

already have WEtv.

I already have True !!, but I would like to use WEtv to view SyFy ,Universal,

Oz Network and Asian Food Channel

What I would really like to know is their picture,sound poor,good or excellent

Do they show better more current movies than the crap True keeps grinding

out.

Also do they use a set top box or plug cable into tv and tune stations in?

Thank you Worgeordie

For the channels that you want to watch its pretty good, even excellent... I'm sure it'll have a bit to do with the hardware running out to your mooban, but overall it's good. The movies they play are not necessarily new releases, but a good variety of newish releases and some old favorites too. No boxes required. just plug in and tune with your tv.

for the prices its much better than true, plus you can watch on multiple tvs.

I used to have Wetv, now have true, I would say they don't show newer movies than the crap that True shows but they do show some movies that are so bad that they are wierdly entertaining....such as old "B" movies and grindhouse stuff, many obscure horror and zombie movies, I think Thais love zombies. Al jazeera is a plus from Wetv. and it is much cheaper than True "gold" package.

such as old "B" movies and grindhouse stuff, many obscure horror and zombie movies,

I tuned to a channel last night and encountered a monster, people eating chicken. :lol:

As mentioned, it is a cable run to the room and uses the TV tuner to select. Nice advantage is you can have it run to more than one TV in the house without needing another 'box'.

I wish they would hurry up and spread their service to San Puleui - just inside the 121, not far from San Sai. I asked them a couple of years ago when they would do that and they said L O N G time in the future. But perhaps they're getting the message that it really would be worth their while to cover the outlying areas of CM. I'm sure many people would want it. When I lived in Phuket the TV cable company came to connect me and all the neighbours saw that and asked to have it as well...

Came to our Moobahn two years ago and now almost every home is plugged in. A lot of them discontinued with True once WETV came in because it's so much cheaper and available for all rooms without boxes or other clutter. When they came to plug us in I was surprised how fast they worked to bring the cable in and they did a really neat job of running the cable into the bedrooms and around the skirting boards. Also left me an extension coupling and a load of extra cable in case I wanted to move any of the TV's. Never had a problem with reception but sound went queer on Aljazeera for a week or two. However; that seems to have been rectified. All in all; very good value for money.

Forgot to say; when you leave home for a while to travel you just ring them up and they unplug you from the outside mast and you don't pay for any service while you are away. When you return just ring them and they plug you back in same day.

Edited by trainman34014

We have it here where I live. I greatly liked the Sci Fi and Universal channel. The only problem with them is the sound is not consistent during the shows.

For some reason we do not get a History or Discover channel or for that matter a National Geographic channel. Some times a Aussie channel will have a National Geographic show.

News would be greatly improved with CNN or BBC As said Aljazeer is good. Also there is a Asian chanel speaking English that is good. If entertainment is your thing it has FOX

It's a great value. They have three channels that usually show English-language movies -- 17, 18 & 19. You can download the schedules for these channels from their website. It's part of my morning wake-up routine to look at the day's movies, check 'em out on RottenTomatoes.com and note times and channels for any that look good. Otherwise you might miss gems like the director's cut of Lawrence of Arabia sandwiched between a zombie movie and a direct-to-video slasher film.

Their normal monthly fee is 350 baht/month but they run specials of 300 baht/month if you pay for a year in advance. I've done that for two years now. I don't know if they always offer this deal, or if I've just been lucky when I go to their office every December to pay for the year.

As Nancy L says, for 350 baht a month before discounts you can't go far wrong. We have it because my wife gets a clearer picture on the Thai TV channels than we would using a terrestrial aerial. Apart from the movies - and lets face it most people download their own, or get a bucket load when they go to Tachilek nowadays, there's only the excellent Al Jazeera and Aus Network - and AN are losing the rights to Aussie Rules Footy on 31st August (yes before the Grand Final the spoilsports!) Apart from that theres a quite good food channel in English and NHK, Channel News Asia, Arirang and Deutsche Weld have some English programming and the French channel subtitles some movies. As Tywais says, be careful if you've got kids- there's certainly no 'watershed' for the blood and guts stuff! So is it worth 300-350- baht a month? Yes, in my view it probably is, though less so than a year ago, and if the price were to go up, we'd probably reconsider.

Happy Viewing!

The reception is good.

The movies are old.

The selection of English language stations is lacking.

The price is fair.

I would have thought that when wetv added the Food Channel that everyone on ThaiVisa would subscribe.

It was a really good deal until the Supersport feed got cut prior to the 2010 world cup - had F1, cricket, rugby etc. Also no more BBC. Al Jazeera a bit samey, Middle Eastern-centric. Have cartoon channels (Thai and English) so good if you have kids. Reception can be duff on some channels. Not all old movies; they'll often play some that haven't long been on cinema.

It was a really good deal until the Supersport feed got cut prior to the 2010 world cup - had F1, cricket, rugby etc. Also no more BBC. Al Jazeera a bit samey, Middle Eastern-centric. Have cartoon channels (Thai and English) so good if you have kids. Reception can be duff on some channels. Not all old movies; they'll often play some that haven't long been on cinema.

Aye, it's the sport (EPL, F1, Golf, etc) that I'd miss most and the turn-on when the Toon smash the Black Cats...again!!:D but I suppose as an addition to True it could be worthwhile...maybe.

Yeah, I know it's easy to obtain movies from the internet or get them in Burma, but we've found some real gems in just "going with the flow" of what WE-TV serves up on channels 17, 18 & 19. We've enjoyed movies we never would have taken the time to acquire. For example, today they're showing "Slither" at 5 pm on Ch. 19. Now that's one I would have totally avoided, but after reading the reviews on RottenTomatoes.com, it sounds like it might be a fun time if I have nothing better to do. That's normally the time when I'm in the kitchen, fixing dinner, so some enjoyable entertainment is welcome. Would I invest 50 baht for it in Burma? No way!

Edited by NancyL

Dont fall in love with any channel on WETV.It just might disappear the next day.Or any program for that matter. A few months ago I was watching Desperate housewives and right in the middle of a season they switched to Heros or some other program.