Logic Question, Farang Guy And Thai Lady

The reason why so many farangs meet their future Thai wives in bars is because that is where all the traffic is. Farangs can't speak Thai and the only women they meet who can speak English are the women who work in the tourist sector... such as bars. There have been LOTS of good marriages between farangs and Thai bar girls. I know of at least 5 myself. Some were my ex girl friends who are now happily married ot blokes from England and Australia.

I think Ian pretty much nailed it. Bargirls are much more proficient in English than the average Thai girl because their livelihood depends on it. And the fact that BG's are much more accessible and easier to get in the sack certainly plays a role. What the OP needs to understand is that men are not real complicated animals--they don't much care how wealthy or educated women are. Physical attractiveness and accessibility are way more important traits. Other things like honesty and compatibility goes without saying.

I do have a question for Ms. Annilicious (interesting moniker): So farang men date and marry bargirls and otherwise "lo-so" Thai women. So what? Why does this bother you? Why does it matter to you either way? (Note: Please do not give a cop-out answer like "oh, I'm just curious." You obviously started this thread because it matters to you).

i would say i was the one looking for a date if i were at the age of my coworker but im not.

Curious? yes. i think this is unreasoning consistently to come to a conclusion.

i'm trying to understand the situation that should be involved logical thinking to call for structure or relationships between facts and for chains of reasoning that ''make sense''

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@dean999 i was confused why most of rich farang guy date with the thai lad they met at the bar.

Thanks, that's a bit easier to understand. Your ''logic question'' appears to be Thai logic, as I perceive it.

For a Farang, Thai logic is regarded by many, as having very little meaning, from a western viewpoint.

I am therefore of the impression, your real question is,

'' Should a respectable Thai woman go to a bar, to meet a rich Farang ??''

yes! that was what i'm gonna say! LOL

just want to know the ''reason'' WHY

like....logical not emotional

Do you really believe that a wealthy, successful, confident, self-respecting man would go seek his future wife in bars?

well, it was my fault saying a bar girl. i was trying to say those hang out with ''girls they met at the bar''

I do think some of those marry with girl they met in the bar. as i can see my cousin. she works day job tho. LOL

The reason why so many farangs meet their future Thai wives in bars is because that is where all the traffic is. Farangs can't speak Thai and the only women they meet who can speak English are the women who work in the tourist sector... such as bars. There have been LOTS of good marriages between farangs and Thai bar girls. I know of at least 5 myself. Some were my ex girl friends who are now happily married ot blokes from England and Australia.

I think Ian pretty much nailed it. Bargirls are much more proficient in English than the average Thai girl because their livelihood depends on it. And the fact that BG's are much more accessible and easier to get in the sack certainly plays a role. What the OP needs to understand is that men are not real complicated animals--they don't much care how wealthy or educated women are. Physical attractiveness and accessibility are way more important traits. Other things like honesty and compatibility goes without saying.

I do have a question for Ms. Annilicious (interesting moniker): So farang men date and marry bargirls and otherwise "lo-so" Thai women. So what? Why does this bother you? Why does it matter to you either way? (Note: Please do not give a cop-out answer like "oh, I'm just curious." You obviously started this thread because it matters to you).

i would say i was the one looking for a date if i were at the age of my coworker but im not.

Curious? yes. i think this is unreasoning consistently to come to a conclusion.

i'm trying to understand the situation that should be involved logical thinking to call for structure or relationships between facts and for chains of reasoning that ''make sense''

Fair enough. So do you understand the explanation put forth by Ian and myself? Does this "make sense" to you?

Do you really believe that a wealthy, successful, confident, self-respecting man would go seek his future wife in bars?

well, it was my fault saying a bar girl. i was trying to say those hang out with ''girls they met at the bar''

I do think some of those marry with girl they met in the bar. as i can see my cousin. she works day job tho. LOL

Actually, I wasn't even referring to bargirls. A wealthy, successful, confident, self-respecting man would not go seek his future wife in bars.

Am i the only one who doesn't really get what your on about?

After reading that, i'm as confused as you.

Nope. Some just think too much.

I'm confused too. my question was just to ask about the logical thought of rich farung gay with bar girl. :/

Rather than try and explain things to you, I'd recommend you read these two articles.

One was written by a Thai guy (American): http://www.stickmanb.../reader5917.htm

Another was written by a farang guy: http://www.stickmanb.../reader5985.htm

Would be "curious" to see your comments.

Whats wrong with meeting your future wife in a bar ? Plenty of different types of bars and girls about and I know a few successful men that have met their wives that way. Personally am still looking :whistling:

Hey, if you believe that girls who hang out in bars are the ideal wife-material, by all means, go for it. I would respectfully disagree. Good to have fun with--certainly. Good to be the mother of my children? I'll take my chances elsewhere.

@berkshire I'm quite don't understand but….the conclusionwould be many - guys or women are different, so it's hard to find out the answer formy question.

I assumed for the case ''some working woman arenot the type for rich farang'' because ;

1. working women have kind of huge ego and theydisplay guys as "Jerk" qualities. - high ego

2.Guys want to be the king/winner/no one beat me – high ego

3.bar girls, alright, whatever you say – low ego

Hypothesis;

highego+ high ego = disaster

highego + low ego = compromise

i'm not serious about this issue but it can be serious for some reason

but not for me now or maybe i can inform my coworker for more info

she really need to stop looking for mr. right guy or she wont date anyone LOL

thank you for the journal, will read it the way home..out of work now..booo long day today!

Edited by annilicious

@berkshire I'm quite don't understand but….the conclusionwould be many - guys or women are different, so it's hard to find out the answer formy question.

I assumed for the case ''some working woman arenot the type for rich farang'' because ;

1. working women have kind of huge ego and theydisplay guys as "Jerk" qualities. - high ego

2.Guys want to be the king/winner/no one beat me – high ego

3.bar girls, alright, whatever you say – low ego

Hypothesis;

highego+ high ego = disaster

highego + low ego = compromise

i'm not serious about this issue but it can be serious for some reason

but not for me now or maybe i can inform my coworker for more info

she really need to stop looking for mr. right guy or she wont date anyone LOL

thank you for the journal, will read it the way home..out of work now..booo long day today!

You're being way too scientific about this. Matters-of-the-heart are rather unpredictable and often times, illogical. And some of your premises are incorrect.

1. Do all working women have high egos? I think not. Unless you're a high-powered attorney or your name is Yingluck.

2. Do all guys have high egos? I think not. Especially guys who have to buy a prostitute to get laid (not that there's anything wrong with that)

3. Do all bargirls have low egos? I think not. Especially BGs who are above average looking. They may give you the impression that they're up to "whatever you say," but these girls are rather cunning and street-smart.

Your co-worker sounds like a real head-case. She should be simply looking for a "good man" instead of a "rich farang."

@dean999 i was confused why most of rich farang guy date with the thai lad they met at the bar.

Thanks, that's a bit easier to understand. Your ''logic question'' appears to be Thai logic, as I perceive it.

For a Farang, Thai logic is regarded by many, as having very little meaning, from a western viewpoint.

Thank you for your reply.

My view is, that a rich Farang, does not really care, if a Thai woman, is rich or poor, if she is Hi-so or Lo-so, and what he really wants, is a nice woman.

He is rich already, and does mot need to worry about money. So, money is not an issue.

Regarding, respectable women in Thailand, many of these people, have very little sexual experience. So, you can make your own explanations.

There is a Farang joke, '' Good girls are great, but bad girls are better''. Personally, I do not agree, but I hope you can understand the idea, and why bar-girls have some attraction.

my intention waskind of academic way but it seems dramatically emotional here. I don’treally care about how my coworker gonna get the rich farang or whatever. LOL

Like you mentionedabout the various type of people, this issue tended to be illogical. That’s all clear formy curiousness at this moment.

My view is, that a rich Farang, does not really care, if a Thai woman, is rich or poor, if she is Hi-so or Lo-so, and what he really wants, is a nice woman.

He is rich already, and does mot need to worry about money. So, money is not an issue.

Nearly right but

Not want nice woman, want good sex!

Edited by OlafStapleton

One of my coworker, she's 28, has high salary, higheducation, pretty but no boyfriend, her date requirement is only rich farang butseems she never date farang even if she see lots of farang everyday, lunch, coffee break or whenever, imaginethe office is in All Seasons Place area.

Many time I went to the bar with her for rich farang hunting(LOL) and the mission were all failed. Thenshe eliminate the rich to be just farang and fi'lly dating with farang part-timeteacher that she met in the bar but it seems not on her demand bcuz he's notthe rich one.

IMHO if she is going 'rich farang hunting' and all the missions failed, she is: a) pig ugly B) unwilling to 'put out' C)unable to understand that most 'rich farang' that she has met on her missions can probably see right through her little plan and thus give her a wide berth.

High salary? we talking 15 k a month here?

High education? Thai university degree? big deal I have a cycling proficiency certificate!!!! (and that came with a badge!!!)

28 years old but no boyfriend??? says it all really.

Tell your 'friend' she has 2 options:

1. Stop trying to date men (farangs) for their monetry/material wealth, if its money she wants get a bank loan! being with someone just cos they got money is no way to have a meaningful relationship!

2. Loosen the elastic on her knickers and get a job in a 'bar', that way she can make money every night!! (with a farang)

Too much concern about classes in Thailand. Actually its not about class, its simply about how much money people have. For example is a person who is hiso comparable to say a westerner who has had a privileged education and is probably well versed in history, art, music and all those cultural things? I think not. Having lots of money and wealth does not necessarily equate to being cultured and sophisticated. Not that I place much value in this, but that is how you generally class the higher classes?

So when it comes to marrying a Thai: I think its about having a good relationship, some level of compatibility and the relationship not being one sided (for whatever reason; eg money, etc). Its as simple as that. Probably not knowing your partner and rushing into marriage is why alot of these relationships fail. You wouldn't marry someone back home quickly, so why would you do it in Thailand? You can try and bring in all these other generalizations to the argument, but there are also the exceptions?

Edited by MaiChai

As far as I could tell, it is not the first date that makes rich farang marry their bargirlfriends. It is actually the way they take care of them days and even weeks after that, the 'up-to-you' period. To put in perspective, at the time when decent Thai girl is still taking their friend on a date with farang, bar girl is already doing his underwear laundry. So to the point: many farangs are quite simple and a bit lazy (or could be so disappointed by western ladies' feminist thing) that - if girl gives him takingcaredofness, he is just about ready to sign the marriage certificate. If he is still on remote distance date after 3 weeks of knowing each other - maybe he's asking, why he is not on a date with girl he saw in the bar the other nite?

Agree 100%. Any Thai woman who is a self-admitted, serial "farang-hunter" should be avoided at all cost. These women are not interested in a good-hearted man or a normal relationship--they're interested in money and/or a foreign passport out of misery. Been there, done that.

Any guy that is a serial 'Thai hunter' should probably be avoided by most Thai women as well then. Not interested in a good hearted girl just a 'girl' ;)

Many funny messages in this thread.

I think many of the "rich" farangs who frequent bars are probably done with a first marriage and/or won't bother with courting anymore, but are looking for a good companion for them, i.e. who looks good, provides good sex and good feeling!

Of course they would be delighted to have a "good girl" instead of a bargirl, but will the good girl be as eager to provide what the farang is looking for ???

I think Annilicious' friend must be ready to jump is some beds if she wants to score.

my intention waskind of academic way but it seems dramatically emotional here. I don’treally care about how my coworker gonna get the rich farang or whatever. LOL

Like you mentionedabout the various type of people, this issue tended to be illogical. That’s all clear formy curiousness at this moment.

I think you were asking why rich guys pick bar girls. I have to admit I have wondered the same myself. Where I live there are a lot highly paid expats working for multinational companies and a lot of the young ones have bar girls as significant others.

Sex is important to a man and sex is a learned skill much like typing or brain surgery. People who have little experience with sex think it is a natural talent like a reflex action but people with much experience know it is a skill like playing football it takes practice.

Also there is a difference between cultures and the perception of color. In the west a bronze complexion signifies health and a pallid white complexion signifies illness that is why western people tan. I think women with broad shoulders, wide hips and dark skin are sexy. I think thin shouldered skinny white women with no hips or butt look sick.

One of my coworker, she's 28, has high salary, higheducation, pretty but no boyfriend, her date requirement is only rich farang butseems she never date farang even if she see lots of farang everyday, lunch, coffee break or whenever, imaginethe office is in All Seasons Place area.

High salary? we talking 15 k a month here?

High education? Thai university degree? big deal I have a cycling proficiency certificate!!!! (and that came with a badge!!!)

28 years old but no boyfriend??? says it all really.

Tell your 'friend' she has 2 options:

1. Stop trying to date men (farangs) for their monetry/material wealth, if its money she wants get a bank loan! being with someone just cos they got money is no way to have a meaningful relationship!

2. Loosen the elastic on her knickers and get a job in a 'bar', that way she can make money every night!! (with a farang)

I know exactly the kind of woman you're talking about.

These women are trash. They think that with their pissy little salaries and a basic knowlegdge of English they can access the hi-so farang elite.

Truth is ............. they are rejects.

Agree 100%. Any Thai woman who is a self-admitted, serial "farang-hunter" should be avoided at all cost. These women are not interested in a good-hearted man or a normal relationship--they're interested in money and/or a foreign passport out of misery. Been there, done that.

Any guy that is a serial 'Thai hunter' should probably be avoided by most Thai women as well then. Not interested in a good hearted girl just a 'girl' ;)

Strange response, but let me explain in a way that even you can understand. To compare apples to apples, a farang guy living in America and surrounded by farang women but interested only in Thai women could be called a "Thai hunter" or having a Thai fetish of sorts. The reasons for such a fetish would most likely be devoid of logic, so yes, such guys should probably be avoided. Not the perfect analogy, but just simply to point out that your comparison is not valid.

my intention waskind of academic way but it seems dramatically emotional here. I don'treally care about how my coworker gonna get the rich farang or whatever. LOL

Like you mentionedabout the various type of people, this issue tended to be illogical. That's all clear formy curiousness at this moment.

I think you were asking why rich guys pick bar girls. I have to admit I have wondered the same myself. Where I live there are a lot highly paid expats working for multinational companies and a lot of the young ones have bar girls as significant others.

Sex is important to a man and sex is a learned skill much like typing or brain surgery. People who have little experience with sex think it is a natural talent like a reflex action but people with much experience know it is a skill like playing football it takes practice.

Also there is a difference between cultures and the perception of color. In the west a bronze complexion signifies health and a pallid white complexion signifies illness that is why western people tan. I think women with broad shoulders, wide hips and dark skin are sexy. I think thin shouldered skinny white women with no hips or butt look sick.

*LIKE*

I think women with broad shoulders, wide hips and dark skin are sexy.

You ever consider African-American women? They seem to much better fit your profile of an attractive woman.

Yes I did. I have friends in Ghana, good cocoa. But I really like Thai ladies long black silky hair. I travel a lot and although I would not want to live there Surin and Korat seem to me to produce many beautiful women for my taste.

I also tend to prefer shorter Thai women over the tall African women I have met. If I were to pick a country in Africa I guess it would be Ethiopia but I don't think I would like living there. I do like the way African women dance a bit better than Thai women but it's close. To be honest I don't much care for American women. Nothing wrong with them just not my style. I also steer clear of Thai women who have lived in the west.

people with much experience know it is a skill like playing football it takes practice.

My sexual experiences are NOTHING like playing football.

I must be doing something wrong.

Don't feel bad Thailand is not playing in the Premiere league yet either.

I must be Asian then...

I like thin shouldered, skinny women with no hips - but better if they are a bit dark and with a round butt :-)

people with much experience know it is a skill like playing football it takes practice.

Oh i don't know, football is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.....because sometimes you have to slide in from behind and hope for the best......and it helps to stroke your balls before you blast it in to the target jap.gif

Oh i don't know, football is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.....because sometimes you have to slide in from behind and hope for the best......and it helps to stroke your balls before you blast it in to the target jap.gif

Making love is like playing football

Some seasons you don't score at all.

11 players and usually only 2 ever score.

Edited by OlafStapleton