Golf In Phuket

kenny999

I have lived in Phuket now for 2 yrs, now starting to get back into my Golf, in the UK I was a 9 Handicap but that was a long time ago, the price of playing here is just mind blowing, Phuket country club 3500 plus 300 for the caddie, the 9 hole 2100 plus 200 for caddie, I just can not afford these prices so have been playing my golf at the range, this is enjoyable but not the same, are there any members of this club or other clubs who are looking for the occasional partner, when you live here on a budget these prices are just out of reach. I have played Tablammoo in Koh Lak a few times 1020 bht because I play with a friend who gets a discount, played Phunaka a few times but only on promotion days as this course(9 hole) is 1600 bht up. I need a lottery win soon....

Edited by kenny999

It looks like I will play my golf at the driving range, the prices here in Phuket are just crazy (just looked at Mission Hills golf club, 3800 bht untill Oct, after this 4500 bht plus you have to have a golf cart 700 bht, 300 for caddie oh my god I think I need to move North where a great course I have seen is 500 bht, okay the courses are fantastic in Phuket but coupled with lazy useless caddies who give you a dirty look when you tip them 200 bht it's just something that makes you not wanting to play golf again.

Are there public courses in Thailand with a more reasonable green fee??

It looks like I will play my golf at the driving range, the prices here in Phuket are just crazy (just looked at Mission Hills golf club, 3800 bht untill Oct, after this 4500 bht plus you have to have a golf cart 700 bht, 300 for caddie oh my god I think I need to move North where a great course I have seen is 500 bht, okay the courses are fantastic in Phuket but coupled with lazy useless caddies who give you a dirty look when you tip them 200 bht it's just something that makes you not wanting to play golf again.

I agree with you about the cost of a game, but the caddies get many rude customers, grabbing at them like you may a bar girl, having to do many other jobs around the course, getting to work at ungodly hrs, having to wait all day for numbers, customers canceling, waiting all day for customers to turn up etc and all for no pay from the golf club. In the low season they may only get one or two customers a week and work rain or shine, carrying your clubs and walking the course and giving helpful tips. So I would give you nasty looks too if they spend hrs caddying for you and you only gave me a tip of 200baht. They are not supposed to give you nasty looks but to accept that.

I agree with you about the cost of a game, but the caddies get many rude customers, grabbing at them like you may a bar girl, having to do many other jobs around the course, getting to work at ungodly hrs, having to wait all day for numbers, customers canceling, waiting all day for customers to turn up etc and all for no pay from the golf club. In the low season they may only get one or two customers a week and work rain or shine, carrying your clubs and walking the course and giving helpful tips. So I would give you nasty looks too if they spend hrs caddying for you and you only gave me a tip of 200baht. They are not supposed to give you nasty looks but to accept that.

Yep appreciate all of that, so the tip you would give is how much?

The standard tip for a caddie in this country is between 200 and 300 bht if you give a lot more then in the future these caddies will expect it again, if they do not get it then this is where the problems arise. the other day I gave my caddie 250 bht she was very happy...

Edited by kenny999

The standard tip for a caddie in this country is between 200 and 300 bht if you give a lot more then in the future these caddies will expect it again, if they do not get it then this is where the problems arise. the other day I gave my caddie 250 bht she was very happy...

No reply from aussiebrian I guess he does not play golf or does not give a tip.

No reply from aussiebrian I guess he does not play golf or does not give a tip.

Sorry about the late reply as I was just riding back from Penang for visa run and got in late last night.

Yes, you are right, I don't play golf, but my gf is a caddy and I hear many stories about the customers. both good and bad. Ok, it depends on where you play and how many holes and what time. But the standard fee is 200 Baht for 9 holes and 300 Baht for 18 holes. If you think you have had a good caddy, then you should give a better tip, but that is up to you. As I was saying before, in the low season, remember the caddy may have to go to work and sit there for 2 days before they get their number then they can have one customer. So they normally only have 2 customers a week. Would you like to go to work 5 to 7 days, get 2 customers walk around 8 to 10 km for one customer and then get a small tip after waiting 2 days for them? In Australia, if you go to work you get paid, not so in Thailand.

ps, my gf says she wants to see your face.

Hi Mr Aussiebrian and GF hope I did not give the impression that I think Thai girl caddies are all useless, but some are!!

As to tipping we all have different circumstances in my case I am retired here on a small income from the UK I can not afford to play golf on any of the top courses, I play at my local club when they have a price promotion, so my caddy gets the standard tip yes I wish I could give more but like many others I am not a wealthy Falang, I have had one girl doing her make up, talking on the phone and lagging at least 50mtrs behind the play(she got the same tip as the good girls)

Yes I appreciate all you have said about this job being tough but working on a building site for 150bht is a lot tougher.

Attached is my picture you must admit I am a looker lol :lol:

My GF is Thai also but not a caddy.

I did not realize what these girls have to do, so in future I will give a good girl caddy a better tip if I can afford to do so. if I offended your GF I apologize.

Must say this any customer that gropes a girl caddy is sick, also I have had a girl caddy come on to me(I was not interested) I think some of these girl's use this job as a place to do there business if you know what I mean, I am sure this is a minority of girls.

post-58930-0-73691100-1309669779_thumb.j

Edited by kenny999

Hi Mr Aussiebrian and GF hope I did not give the impression that I think Thai girl caddies are all useless, but some are!!

As to tipping we all have different circumstances in my case I am retired here on a small income from the UK I can not afford to play golf on any of the top courses, I play at my local club when they have a price promotion, so my caddy gets the standard tip yes I wish I could give more but like many others I am not a wealthy Falang, I have had one girl doing her make up, talking on the phone and lagging at least 50mtrs behind the play(she got the same tip as the good girls)

Yes I appreciate all you have said about this job being tough but working on a building site for 150bht is a lot tougher.

I did not realize what these girls have to do, so in future I will give a good girl caddy a better tip if I can afford to do so. if I offended your GF I apologize.

Must say this any customer that gropes a girl caddy is sick, also I have had a girl caddy come on to me(I was not interested) I think some of these girl's use this job as a place to do there business if you know what I mean, I am sure this is a minority of girls.

My GF has never seen you before, but if she thinks you look like a lovely kind and generous man and will say hi to you when she sees you at her club. Where do you normally play?

Different clubs have weekly specials, for eg. Around 1000 Baht for 18 holes on Wednesdays at Phunaka or at Lock Palm has sports day on Thursday with cheaper rates. If you know some friend that is a member of a club, they can get you a cheaper ticket.

My GF says some caddies good and some no good, so if you find a good caddy, you can ask next time for their number, but tell the caddy when you want to play next so they can work that day. You can make booking with your tee time.

My GF has never seen you before, but if she thinks you look like a lovely kind and generous man and will say hi to you when she sees you at her club. Where do you normally play?

Different clubs have weekly specials, for eg. Around 1000 Baht for 18 holes on Wednesdays at Phunaka or at Lock Palm has sports day on Thursday with cheaper rates. If you know some friend that is a member of a club, they can get you a cheaper ticket.

My GF says some caddies good and some no good, so if you find a good caddy, you can ask next time for their number, but tell the caddy when you want to play next so they can work that day. You can make booking with your tee time.

I play at Phunaka when I can which is not often, I have never had a bad experience with a caddy at Phunaka, my bad experiences were at Tablammoo Navy course in Koh Lak(don't think the spelling is right) as I said before I give what I can afford as a tip, my GF comes from the North East and I know how much her family earn making the rice(back breaking work for very little pay) if I was in a position to give more I would, the caddies at Phunaka have all been mostly good and pleasant.

Edited by kenny999