Flying Airasia

SwaziBird

AirAsia was named the World's Best Low-Cost Airline for customer Product and Service Quality at the 2011 World Airline Awards, in a ceremony held in the French Air and Space Museum at the Paris Air Show.

The runners-up in this Best Low-Cost Airline category are JetStar Airways taking 2nd place in the category, ahead of Virgin America in 3rd position.

Voted by over 18.8 million airline passengers from 100 different nationalities, the World Airline Awards™ are the most prestigious and respected quality recognition of front-line product and service standards across the world airline industry. With 200 airlines featured, the awards reflect customer satisfaction levels across 38 different items of airline front-line product and service.

World's Best Low-Cost Airline

AirAsia

JetStar Airways

Virgin America

The World Airline Awards™ are based on results from 18.8 million questionnaires, covering more than 200 airlines worldwide.

Third year running !! Must be doing something right!

Cheers.

Those who voted must not have very high expectations. I recently did two trips on AA to Singapore & back and on both occasions they ran out of food before reaching row 12. So anyone who fancies a near three hour flight with no food, & no alcohol then AA is the way to go.bah.gif

I could care less about food or alcohol on a 3 hour flight but I don't think there is anything special about the airline and I hate the way they try to gouge you on extras when making a booking (like having the extras already checked for you in hopes that you won't notice)! "Convenience fees"? Come on...

Those who voted must not have very high expectations. I recently did two trips on AA to Singapore & back and on both occasions they ran out of food before reaching row 12. So anyone who fancies a near three hour flight with no food, & no alcohol then AA is the way to go.bah.gif

One such terrible experience was not enough?

If you are concerned about food and drink, order it when you order your ticket or online after, then it is reserved just for you. Three hours without food or alcohol is true deprivation.

On second thought you should fly Silk Air Business Class to get what you want, it only costs about 6-7 times the Air Asia price but not to worry since it is just a little over US$ 1,000 RT.

Edited by Dante99

I wouldn't worry about AA running out of alcohol. The more expensive Qantas and BA, the last time I flew with both of them from Brisbane to Bangkok ran out of beer within 4 hours. So much for a couple of free ales.

Not surprising though.

If you are concerned about food and drink, order it when you order your ticket or online after, then it is reserved just for you. Three hours without food or alcohol is true deprivation.

On second thought you should fly Silk Air Business Class to get what you want, it only costs about 6-7 times the Air Asia price but not to worry since it is just a little over US$ 1,000 RT.

I flew to Bali on Singapore air last year for 500Baht less than AA and it had a meal on all 4 of the flights. The weight limit was 20 kilos as compared to AA15 kilo Plus it had flight attendants. AA has no flight attendants just sales people.

I was flying from Chiang Mai and had no major lay overs the most was three hours. AA has only one flight out of Bangkok and it is at 6:15 in the morning so you have a overnight there. Or if you go to KL it has a decent lay over about 2 hours going but it is a overnight coming back..

moving to Travel forum

I really think there is information on here that would be of interest to people in Chiang Mai.

The only reason I like to leave it there is because I have a devil of a time finding these other forums. I guess if I went to computer school it would help. I keep looking for a button to push that will scroll down all the different forums available. No such animal seems to exist.

I flew to Bali on Singapore air last year for 500Baht less than AA and it had a meal on all 4 of the flights. The weight limit was 20 kilos as compared to AA15 kilo Plus it had flight attendants. AA has no flight attendants just sales people.

I was flying from Chiang Mai and had no major lay overs the most was three hours. AA has only one flight out of Bangkok and it is at 6:15 in the morning so you have a overnight there. Or if you go to KL it has a decent lay over about 2 hours going but it is a overnight coming back..

You flew Singapore Air from Chiang Mai or was it Silk Air?

I have not flown with AirAsia for over 1 year i used to use them almost every 6 weeks from the very start of Thai Air Asia, I just got sick of all the add ons that are really just one big rip off, to have a charge to choose a seat when 2 or more people travel together is just a p£ss take , a charge a make payment when on-line abd NO other sensible alternative method offered is also just a rip off, when you have paid for up to 25kg then are told your just under 26kg and must pay for the next level is also just a p£ss take

I now drive or use Thai...by the time you have travelled to the airport and all the bull involved and waiting around at both ends then using taxis when you arrive it really is not much difference time wise (Domestic 1 hour flights)

AA can go fly, I wont with them

Pre-purchase your meal and you wont miss out.

i've never had a problem with airasia in about the 25 times i've flown with them. i fly with them for one reason.they are cheap and the flight usually only lasts about 1 hour. now if i was going further from thailand then i would shop around and up my price. considering you can fly on emerites on the A380 from bkk to hong kong for only a couple of hundred baht more,then i would pay more for sure. what i dont like about airasia is not even been able to purchase a beer on domestic flights

Pre-purchase your meal and you wont miss out.

But that would be too sensible and he wouldn't have anything to complain about.

i've never had a problem with airasia in about the 25 times i've flown with them. i fly with them for one reason.they are cheap and the flight usually only lasts about 1 hour. now if i was going further from thailand then i would shop around and up my price. considering you can fly on emerites on the A380 from bkk to hong kong for only a couple of hundred baht more,then i would pay more for sure. what i dont like about airasia is not even been able to purchase a beer on domestic flights

But could you just imagine all these professional complainers with a few beers inside of them on a 'plane?

So how was the flight from Chiang Mai to Singapore.

We are doing the flight back to Oz Via Singapore

You flew Singapore Air from Chiang Mai or was it Silk Air?

I booked it through KandK on Thai pa road. It was Silk Air from Chiang Mai to Singapore and then it was Singapore Air to Bali. That was last year maybe different this year. I would still pay a extra 1,000 Baht for the service I did not have to transfer my luggage they did it for me in Singapore.

And it was 5 more kilo's for luggage plus meals that I did not have to pay for or go on line to order.

Go figure a class operation for less money than the worlds best low fare air line.

Edited by hellodolly

The Op sounds like an ad for skytrax.

And according to skytrax Turkish Airlines is the best European airline??

And where is Ryanair??

And you actually HAVE flown with Turkish Airlines recently?

Ryanair? It's legendary for being the armpit of the European LCC's.

Edited by NanLaew

moving to Travel forum

I really think there is information on here that would be of interest to people in Chiang Mai.

The only reason I like to leave it there is because I have a devil of a time finding these other forums. I guess if I went to computer school it would help. I keep looking for a button to push that will scroll down all the different forums available. No such animal seems to exist.

Must be a really old computer.... like before they invented the PgDn key?

I was going to insert a cry-baby emoticon in my response but subsequently read that you cannot scroll down and read the responses.

I have flown Air Asia many times and over the years, I have seen them add more and more hidden expenses (e.g. seat fee, booking "convenience" fee, etc.) My rule of thumb is if I can get any other carrier which is within 300-400 baht of the same fare, I will book Bangkok Airways or Thai or Nok Air; however, with the exception of recent changes in Bangkok Air Chiang Mai - Bangkok fares which are the same as Air Asia, I rarely find Thai or Singapore or any other carrier to be competitive.

I fly often Bangkok to Indonesia for work and holiday and AIr Asia is always 30 percent cheaper.

I don't hate Air Asia but I am bothered by their continued incremental charges for every aspect of air travel.