Plastic Surgery - Need Help!

NicoWild

Ok, I'm really struggling to find enough information to make the right decision here.

I'm booking in for:

+ Chin Implant (silicone)

+ Jaw/Mandible angle implants (silicone)

Yanhee Hospital will do these procedures at a good price. My problem is, I don't know which doctor I should go with at the hospital. Does anyone know of a surgeon at Yanhee who has good experience with chin implants? It seems to be far less common than breast augmentation, liposuction and rhinoplasty, so it's harder to find the right surgeon.

My next concern is, I require a square chin implant. I sent the hospital a link to the exact model I want and asked them if they could order it, or an equivalent one. Unfortunately I feel like they've been dodging my question. I don't want to go over there only to find they can't perform the procedure how I want it! It is for me, after all.

I would SO appreciate any help here!

In terms of surgeon, look for one specializing in maxilofacial surgery and with specific training in same in addition top basic qualification in plastics. You shopuld be able to review qualifications of docs on their website.

The implant is a worry, especially since I don't think many Thais go in for a square chin...they indeed may not have it on hand. I suggest you not come until that has been assurred.

Thanks Sheryl! I've sent the hospital another email asking if they can order an equivalent style implant, and I also asked which of their surgeons is the most experienced with these procedures. I'll take your advice though and look on the website for the qualifications you mentioned! I'm also worried there might be a bit of a problem with the jaw implants, because I'm after the type that extend downwards, not so much width-wise (miscommunication with the language barrier is obviously an issue). But anyway, I'll make sure I've covered all bases before I think about booking anything. I feel like I'm bugging them, but honestly, I think I have the right!

I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience at Yanhee Hospital too.

In all honesty, from what I've seen here in Australia and after a consultation with a cosmetic surgeon, I'd probably get a better outcome in Thailand. They didn't even offer me a choice of implant style or size here in Australia whatsoever, and the price was six times more expensive!

Edited by NicoWild

• 2 months later...