I Have The Day Off!

MfGlove

Hello,

I'll be getting a day or two off in the coming week and I'm looking for suggestions on something to do in Chiang Rai. During the week, I usually only make it to a few coffee shops or to the market for groceries. Perhaps someone knows of a cool shop to visit, or a nice park to hang out in, or something creative or active to take part in. I have been looking into yoga/meditation classes and pottery classes and I was really excited to hear Chiang Rai has a disc golf course at Boomerang but it is closed for rainy season. It'd be great to take in some exciting, new experiences and to meet some interesting people, too. My days off are few and far between but I'm looking forward to just getting out for a while. Any suggestions at all would be awesome. Thanks much!

Aaron

Hi!

Now I do not know about your interrest-but there is-Mae Fah luang art and culture park here in Chiang Rai-most of it is inside the buildings,so if it is rain it dosnt matter.

Once in a while I go near the airport-there is a nice put and take park,whit cabines which have lights,music and fan-some times I do fish-other times I just have something to eat and drink, and enjoy the surroundings.

There is, the black temple,just outside Chiang Rai.

When you visit Wat Rong Khun-the white temple-go to the end where the main entry is-on the other site of the street,there is two galleries-very nice-free of charge.

Go to Mae Sai-to the main street near the border-pick one of the small streets there,and you will find hundreds of shops,who can offer you almost everything.

And there is a place I want to go,some day-when you take the highway to Mae Sai-at a time you will come to a traffic light,where you on the left side have a big beatifull park-I dont know the name-but for sure-I will go there one of thise days.

If you take the way to Phayao(dont know if the spelling is ok)-around 50-60 km-on your right hand-you will se a temple up in the mauntins-it is a chineese temple-and very beautifull-thats a visit worth.

post-95995-0-35749000-1309284923_thumb.j

post-95995-0-46259200-1309284934_thumb.j

post-95995-0-42399100-1309284952_thumb.j

post-95995-0-53519700-1309284963_thumb.j

post-95995-0-63041600-1309284975_thumb.j

post-95995-0-89657900-1309284990_thumb.j

post-95995-0-96838400-1309285012_thumb.j

post-95995-0-89541100-1309285030_thumb.j

post-95995-0-59326800-1309285046_thumb.j

post-95995-0-81799100-1309285064_thumb.j

post-95995-0-15868500-1309285102_thumb.j

post-95995-0-14817700-1309285114_thumb.j

Edited by brianmarinus

1. Buy a whistle and a little hat and take over a parking lot. Make everyone park bumper to bumper so nobody can leave when they want to. Fill the parking lot and then go find another. Blow the whistle a LOT.

2. Buy a long string. Stop someone on the sidewalk and ask them to hold one end of the string so you can measure the store front. Back away from them, paying out the string and back around the corner, out of sight. Tie the rope to a pole and go have breakfast. Come back in an hour and do it again.

3. Buy three really big live fish at the market. Buy a short string and tie it to the end of a piece of bamboo pole. Lift a manhole cover from the street. Lay the fish on the pavement next to the manhole, sit down next to them and lower the string into the manhole. Wiggle the pole now and then so it looks like you're getting a nibble. Look satisfied. Hold up a fish now and then to show the passerbys.

4. At nightfall, carrying a small bag with a white bed sheet inside, get in a Tuk Tuk and tell the driver where you want to go. As he is driving and watching traffic, slip the white bed sheet out of the bag and put it over yourself and say "WOOooooooo........ " Keep an eye on the speedometer to see how fast the Tuk-Tuk really can go.

5. Make up a question sheet in Thai, with spaces for answers. Put several copies on a clipboard and stop tourist and ask them to take a short survey. Refuse to translate it but insist that they put answers in the spaces provided. Tell them it really doesn't matter, as long as you have answers. Then laugh a lot when you read the answers in front of them.

6. Make a survey sheet in English. Ask the usual questions: how much do you spend on rooms, how is the food, the service, etc. Put several copies on a clipboard and stop tourists and ask them to take a survey. When they complete it, you grade it using red ink, marking almost all answers as wrong and give them the completed paper with a failing grade on it. Give them a disapproving look when you return it to them and then walk away.

Edited by kandahar

Sounds like Kd's having a day off too :lol:

Funny you should say that. I took a ten minute break from my tasks today and typed a little. My wife said people will read that and think I don't have anything to do. I guess she was right.

Edited by kandahar

Someone could build a cricket field and form a team. There must be plenty of space up there

We prefer watching paint dry on our projects....more exciting.

I find that comment highly offensive bro, so you must be a septic? I could never believe a pom or an Aussie would make such a comment

Someone could build a cricket field and form a team. There must be plenty of space up there

I find that comment highly offensive bro, so you must be a septic? I could never believe a pom or an Aussie would make such a comment

I find yours even more.....I am a fourth generation Australian.. :rolleyes:

:o

This Ozzie thinks that's a marvellous idea, But then I am Class and have taste.Sadly , I do not live in the Chiangs. Am an avid follower on Cricinfo.

This Ozzie thinks that's a marvellous idea, But then I am Class and have taste.Sadly , I do not live in the Chiangs. Am an avid follower on Cricinfo.

Get your ass along to the Siam Cricket Club training then

Just like the reason I detest cricket....I had to give up playing Lacrosse with a suburban team as the boarding school I went to told me I had to get my ass along to watch the school play every match....

Just like the reason I detest cricket....I had to give up playing Lacrosse with a suburban team as the boarding school I went to told me I had to get my ass along to watch the school play every match....

Lacrosse is gay. Cricket is butch

You must be what goes in the tank...

You must be what goes in the tank...

I bet when you thought of this response, you had a giggle and thought to yourself that you were really clever yes. Do you know what the term 'septic' refers to?

No giggles, not even a smirk. Just slightly irritated by WW1 slang/rhyme that lumps 300 million disparate people under a Dutch New Yorker moniker. Makes as much sense as the use of 'Brit' for every person in the UK. Or the use of Farang…

Apologies to the OP for the sidetrack. Are there any port-a-potties (or outhouses) in this thread up for a game of soccer?

Edited by rijb

No giggles, not even a smirk. Just slightly irritated by WW1 slang/rhyme that lumps 300 million disparate people under a Dutch New Yorker moniker. Makes as much sense as the use of 'Brit' for every person in the UK. Or the use of Farang…

Apologies to the OP for the sidetrack. Are there any port-a-potties (or outhouses) in this thread up for a game of soccer?

Hmm. I believe you